5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

Jennifer-Grey.gif
Jennifer Grey

Jennifer Grey is most famously known for her role as Baby in Dirty Dancing. Baby will always be one of the most iconic characters from one of the most iconic films ever.. but casting a known dancer? Who is famous for dancing? I could let that go but then they paired her with Derek Hough. Unforgivable. Jennifer Grey was cast and eventually won the eleventh season of the show. She was topping the leaderboard from the very first moment she appeared and it was clear she was the chosen one when they paired her with Satan. Her Dirty Dancing storyline was never forgotten about but the producers didn’t expect Jennifer to have a dip in the middle of the series. Or maybe they did and this was all just one big plan for redemption! Who knows? I preferred other dancers and I’ve never really been a Jennifer and Derek fan so I’m happy to do Elliott’s work for him so she can take out some other trash.  

• Like 1

Jason Taylor

2451517119_c35f72d334.jpg

Jason Paul Taylor is a former football player that played for the Miami Dolphins. He also played a season with the Washington Redskins and the New York Jets. He was the NFL defensive player of the year in 2006. Jason was on Season 6 of Dancing with the Stars and his partner was Edyta Śliwińska. Jason was the first active NFL player to do the show. He was apparently an early favorite of the judges. His lowest score was a 22 for his Foxtrot to Pride and Joy and his highest score was a perfect 30 for his Quickstep to The Dirty Boogie. I rewatched his Freestyle to Miami last night and I wasn't impressed, that scored a 27. He ended up getting second place. I'm surprised he didn't win being a favorite of the judges. A quote from Len about Jason that I find amusing: "One week you're a rooster, the next week you're a feather duster." 

Edited by taylorkat

17 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

Jason Taylor

Cjjs=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Jason Paul Taylor is a former football player that played for the Miami Dolphins. He also played a season with the Washington Redskins and the New York Jets. He was the NFL defensive player of the year in 2006. Jason was on Season 6 of Dancing with the Stars and his partner was Edyta Śliwińska. Jason was the first active NFL player to do the show. He was apparently an early favorite of the judges. His lowest score was a 22 for his Foxtrot to Pride and Joy and his highest score was a perfect 30 for his Quickstep to The Dirty Boogie. I rewatched his Freestyle to Miami last night and I wasn't impressed, that scored a 27. He ended up getting second place. I'm surprised he didn't win being a favorite of the judges. A quote from Len about Jason that I find amusing: "One week you're a rooster, the next week you're a feather duster." 

This cut is not submitted until you have a picture.

Maureen McCormick

Maureen mccormick abc dancing with the stars GIF - Find on GIFERMaureen mccormick abc dancing with the stars GIF - Find on GIFER

Maureen is an American Icon best known for playing Marcia Brady on The Brady Bunch for the original TV series from 1969-1974. After the show's run, she had a lot of struggles with drugs and mental health, which is unfortunately something that often happens with uber famous child actors. But she was able to bounce back, consistently get acting roles, write a book, record an album, all the things. She was on Season 23 of DWTS and paired with Artem. They got to 8th place and were able to dance for 7 weeks. The best part was when the late great Florence Henderson would make cameo appearances either in the audience supporting her or on the stage as part of a performance. She was never able to secure a score of 9+ from the judges except as part of a group dance. 

Chelsea Kane

ent-110412-dwts-chelseakanejpg-3c68a0c5917e625b.jpg

Unfortunately for y'all I'm with Elliott when it comes to the trio of irrelevant blonde Mark partners. I have since had an awakening on Paige, but it hasn't happened with Chelsea and Katherine. I let Chelsea beat Katherine last time so this time Katherine can get the win from the group. Chelsea was on S12 of DWTS, one of my least favorite seasons. Chelsea was probably the strongest dancer that season, but the bar was on the ground. I wasn't really rooting for her though, I just simply had no rooting interest that season. Her Viennese Waltz to Hedwig's Theme is easily my favorite dance from her. She also had a really sexy Rumba later in the season. I wouldn't have minded seeing her win, but I was fine with Hines winning too. Like I said, they were all kinda just there for me.

• Sad 1

Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren 

796820_full.jpg

Elizabeth Berkley-Lauren is a film and television actress, best known for playing Jessie Spano on Saved by the Bell, who competed on the 17th season of Dancing with the Stars and was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy. Elizabeth was a very good and solid dancer, as she often provided beautiful lines. But she also had the tendency to be in her head and second guess herself with dances, at least it happened inothe rehearsals. She had a few dances I was kinda meh/didn't care that much for but she mostly had dances I enjoyed. Some of my favorite dances from Elizabeth would be her Samba on Week 2, Week 4's Argentine Tango, Week 6's Cha-Cha, Week 9's Viennese Waltz and Salsa trio (with Gleb). She recieved 2 perfect scores with her Cha-Cha and Salsa. She was eliminated on Week 9 after her Salsa and it was a bit of a surprise/sad moment there. I do think she was a strong dancer and I would have preferred her outlasting Leah, Bill and Jack that season.  But at least Elizabeth makes it to the Top 50 here. Ooh and I did lose my Top 3 of the season all throughout the game.... so I figured we might as well eliminate another really strong loved dancer from Season 17 to give us quite an ironic Final 4 of Jack/Leah/Brant/Snooki. :dead::giggle: 

• Sad 2

Jack Osbourne

image.jpeg.1e3f6cd86e402f91c3b1b8e972b14889.jpeg

How did we allow this guy to get this far? :dead:  Honestly, I’m kinda surprised that Diana didn’t cut him much earlier because he’s an Osbourne who’s a Cheryl partner. :giggle:  Like his sister Kelly, he somehow made the finals of his season despite there being much better dancers that he was up against. I would’ve much preferred Elizabeth or Christina or even Brant or Snooki to make the finals instead. He’s probably ranked 7th or 8thfor me amongst his season’s cast. I just don’t think he did anything that would merit a spot in the finals. He was of course a part of the iconic Team Foxing Awesome dance. His lowest individual score was a 22 for his Cha-Cha. His highest individual score was a perfect 30 for his Freestyle. And look, I know we had to score him higher than Bill who scored a 25 for his freestyle because Jack is better than Bill, but that doesn’t mean we needed to give him a 30. 9’s would’ve sufficed just fine. He finished 3rd, giving us the rightful Amber & Corbin top 2 after a wacky boot order that season. Jack is decent enough I guess. That doesn’t warrant a 3rd place finish on his season or a 47th finish in this Rankdown though.

Cristián de la Fuente

actor-cristian-de-la-fuente-and-professi

Cristián de la Fuente is a Chilean–American actor, presenter, model and producer. He was on the sixth season of Dancing with the Stars where he was partnered with Cheryl Burke. They were able to make it all the way to the Finale and place 3rd overall. I don't remember much about his run aside from that one mishap? I think he tripped or something? I can't remember exactly what happened. I also remember just not really liking him for some odd reason. He was a decent dancer, nothing too amazing. He never scored a perfect score so yeah, not that great. His best dances were a Mambo & Samba were he scored 29 and lowest was his Quickstep that he received a 20 for. Anyway, didn't care for him then and don't care for him now so bye from this Rankdown he goes.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, jarmon said:

Cristián de la Fuente

I don't remember much about his run aside from that one mishap? I think he tripped or something? I can't remember exactly what happened.

He was doing some armwork moves and pulled his arm and it got injured there.... and yikes it was so bad and painful to watch. >.<

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

He was doing some armwork moves and pulled his arm and it got injured there.... and yikes it was so bad and painful to watch. >.<

Ooof I remember this now, it was painful to watch. I remember the sling he had.

• Sad 1

Charlie White

Dancing With the Stars': Charlie White Voted Off in Semifinal Shocker - ABC  News

Coming in at #44, a Sh*rna partner.  I am not sure how many partners she has left, but it wouldn't surprise me if Charlie was her highest placing one in this rankdown. Actually is appears that James is still in, so Charlie is Sh*rna's second last partner standing.  Charlie is extremely likable and competed with his partner Meryl Davis on Season 18.  Charlie did extremely well in the competition by getting all the way to the semifinals before being eliminated.  He didn't have the same connection to his partner that Meryl had to Maks.  He had a number of solid routines including Cha-Cha and his 2 perfect scores (Quickstep and Foxtrot).  I am a firm believer that his Jazz should have received a lower score as he did mess up.  Also Meryl has been out for some time now, so Charlies lasted longer then he should have by comparison.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Niecy Nash

niecy-nash-week06.jpg

Is this a bit of a personal cut due to that unnecessary Amanda Knoots cut? maybe but also at the same time based on her journey on Dancing With The Stars this isn't some unreasonable cut at this point of the game. Not even being petty just taking someone out who has done well this rankdown due to this format but not based on her Dancing. She wasn't anything to write home about and she was just average when she was paired with Louis van Amstel. I did like the Quickstep which was her highest score and alloted her only 9 of the entire season. Based on her journey alone I think this more than fair placement for her. Outside of the show she is living her best life and super successful, I am so happy for her and she radiates happiness which we love to see. 

I guess she beats Charlie and Meryl so she has that. 

Edited by *Diana
  • Like 1

JOEY McINTYRE

grid-cell-26806-1429833716-8.jpg

So, if I cut Joey McIntyre, then Rachel Hunter a.k.a. Stacy's Mom wins Season 1? Bye, Joey! I looked up Joey's placement in the last rankdown to make sure this wasn't a controversial cut. Joey placed 126th, and Wallace's write-up described his DWTS run as underwhelming. I trust Wallace's judgement, so I believe this is a fair cut to make (especially at this point in the game). Anyway, Joey McIntyre is a member of New Kids on the Block. He was partnered with Ashley DelGrosso and finished the competition in third place. He seemed to be a decent-ish dancer with an average score of 21.3. His scores ranged from 6-8 except for one 9 for his Paso Doble in the final week of the competition. Never getting a 10 isn't very good for a finalist, but perhaps the judges were strict with their scores in this very first season? Either way, Joey didn't seem to be too impressive of a dancer, and he has somehow outlasted so many other celebrities that made more of an impact during their DWTS run. So, out he goes from the rankdown. Congrats to Rachel Hunter on winning Season 1 for this game!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1