5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

Congratulations to our DWTS Rankdown 5.0 Top 20

8WQJQdP.png

Rachel Hunter, Season 1, 4th Place, Partnered with Jonathan Roberts

Tia Carrere, Season 2, 6th Place, Partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Mario Lopez, Season 3, 2nd Place, Partnered with Karina Smirnoff

Willa Ford, Season 3, 7th Place, Partnered with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Apolo Anton Ohno, Season 4, 1st Place, Partnered with Julianne Hough; Season 15, 5th Place, Partnered with Karina Smirnoff

Hélio Castroneves, Season 5, 1st Place, Partnered with Julianne Hough; Season 15, 10th Place, Partnered with Chelsie Hightower

Jennie Garth, Season 5, 4th Place, Partnered with Derek Hough

Mario, Season 6, 5th Place, Partnered with Karina Smirnoff

Lance Bass, Season 7, 3rd Place, Partnered with Lacey Schwimmer

Romeo, Season 12, 5th Place, Partnered with Chelsie Hightower

J.R. Martinez, Season 13, 1st Place, Partnered with Karina Smirnoff

Katherine Jenkins, Season 14, 2nd Place, Partnered with Mark Ballas

Maria Menounos, Season 14, 4th Place, Partnered with Derek Hough

Roshon Fegan, Season 14, 6th Place, Partnered with Chelsie Hightower

Lea Thompson, Season 19, 6th Place, Partnered with Artem Chigvintsev

Jodie Sweetin, Season 22, 6th Place, Partnered with Keo Motsepe

Laurie Hernandez, Season 23, 1st Place, Partnered with Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Nancy Kerrigan, Season 24, 6th Place, Partnered with Artem Chigvintsev

Nikki Bella, Season 25, 7th Place, Partnered with Artem Chigvintsev

Juan Pablo Di Pace, Season 27, 5th Place, Partnered with Cheryl Burke

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

This isn’t as bad of a top 20 as a feared it would be. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

It's really not a bad top 20 lol. There's like 3-4 "legends" still around and everyone else is strong, underappreciated dancers who don't get their due, which for me was the point of this game lol

Agreed with all of this. :yes: I was definitely expecting this Top 20 to be a lot worse than what it was. :haha: 

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I have a new winner prediction from that group. 😮 Excited to be wrong :giggle:

I kinda have a new winner prediction too. But then I'm sure they will probably be cut tonight. :haha: 

Apolo Anton Ohno

Ty7F98.gif

Tough cut to make here. I feel like my rankdown past with Apolo would suggest I'm not a fan, however not at all the case I promise! After rewatching Season 4 a year or so ago I really enjoyed him and Julianne. They were such a perfect pairing for each other, kept things fresh and exciting. Him and Laila are my top two of the season both in terms of who I rooted for and in terms of dance ability (Joey is close behind but for me, Apolo and Laila >>> Joey when it came to best moments).

My reason for cutting Apolo is just that I'm kinda rooting for an underdog winner here. Apolo is the only contestant that made it to last year's endgame and has now made it to this one. Which is super impressive because we've all been cutting each other's faves left, right and center. And Apolo made it to #6 last year! It's a super impressive feat IMO, but I'm just gonna make this move now and root for some of the remaining underdogs.

Like I said, Apolo was great on Season 4. He came back on All-Stars and was great once again. Highlight from his journey for me is the Paso - already an insanely good performance the first time that had one minor slip. But the encore and the finale? Perfection. I'm a sucker for a Maks Mambo hence it not being my top routine of the season but it is very much up there.

So all in all.. nothing but love for Apolo and I hope people understand this cut. I just think his threat level is insane and like I've said, gonna have to pull for some of my sneak attack winners in the endgame.

• Sad 3

LAURIE HERNANDEZ

Laurie_Hernandez_(35055904373)_(cropped)

Laurie Hernandez is a Olympic gymnast who was on the twenty-second season of Dancing With the Stars, where she was partnered with Val Chmerkovskiy. In retrospect, Laurie is probably one of the most obvious winners the show has had. While she wasn’t my favourite that season, she and Val had some great routines and definitely let their mark on the Dancing With the Stars stage. Still, I never really got invested in her run on the show and she’d probably land in the 30s/40s for me if I was to do an overall ranking of the DWTS contestants (spoiler alert: I don’t plan on doing so.) At any rate, I’m lowkey impressed she made it to the Top 20 given all of the other big names were sacrificed days ago. At least she managed to win her season again in this rankdown.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

jodie-6163182f-0922-489a-abef-28d61c830d
Jodie Sweetin

Jodie Sweetin was cast and paired with Keo during the twenty second season of the show. Jodie is mostly known for her character Stephanie on Full House and the sequel Fuller House. Jodie and Keo started off the competition as strong as most of the other couples. They were able to get sevens and eights through the first few weeks which saw them get lost amongst the pack. It wasn’t until week five she came alive and was able to score her first nines. She was able to hold on to those and within two weeks she received her first perfect score. Unfortunately for Jodie, she was also eliminated straight after it. How has she gotten this far? I preferred Nyle, Paige, Ginger and Wanya to her so it’s a shame she’s the last one standing. Top twenty is good for her!

• Sad 1