5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Do you guys want a top 20? I was planning on sticking to this format till there's just one left lol. But obviously this is a new kind of game so I'm fine with what you guys want.

Lmaoo that's what I was thinking what was going to happen. But people keep changing the rules. :dead: 

I prefer and fine with keeping this format you had planned as it makes and continues to make things really messy and competitive. :haha: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Do you guys want a top 20? I was planning on sticking to this format till there's just one left lol. But obviously this is a new kind of game so I'm fine with what you guys want.

I'd like for there to still be a "final ranking". Of whatever number you decide.  But I am fine with this format going to just 1 left too!

Edited by Solaris

9 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Maybe a Top 10. With this format, it's been fun to just cut whoever we want so getting to Final 1 would've been iconic on its own but if you had to do a final ranking, maybe a Top 10 or 15 but not 20.

It seems like people do like the format so maybe in the future if we play it again we can rework some things, decide what works and what doesn't. But this is the first time doing it, I think it's best to stay simple, so I think we'll all just keep cutting till there's one dancer left and that's our winner.

• Like 5

636123428387605135-145115-4580.jpg?width

Calvin Johnson, Jr.

I was going to cut Maureen McCormick or Terra Jolé but I'd have to look things up for those write-ups and I can do a Megatron Write-up off the top of my head. Calvin Johnson, Jr. AKA Megatron is one of the greatest football players to ever play the game and will go down with Larry Fitzgerald as probably the top two most talented Wide Receivers to never get a Super Bowl Ring because of how they stayed with franchises who didn't deserve them. (I was going to stand up for my hometown Arizona Cardinals for a second but then I remembered that somehow Kliff Kingsbury is still the head coach). Calvin Johnson, Jr. played for the dreadful Detroit Lions and is famously one of the two ALL-TIME talents that have retired from the sport rather than continue to play football for the Lions after the Lions refused to trade them (the other being one of the Running Back GOATs Barry Sanders). Despite a relatively short career for somebody of his talent and fame and despite the lack of postseason success, Calvin Johnson, Jr. was elected to the NFL Hall of Fame on his first ballot.

He was on a season of DWTS. He was paired with Lindsay. He was fine. He finished 3rd.

Kellie Pickler

rs_600x600-130521222038-600.dwts.ls.52113.jpg?fit=around%7C600:600&output-quality=90&crop=600:600;center,top

Consider this my one-day petty move in response to your Kenya Moore cut, @*Wallace. :kissbye: Lmao just kidding but to be honest, Kellie's been on my radar for a little while anyway. She got the win for Season 16 in the game here, which is nice and redeems her from just missing out on the mirrorb- wait what was that? Apparently the ABC website is down? We're removing all online votes? Oh. Ok.

All that being said Kellie was kinda a clear winner from the jump - country singer, likeable personality, partnered with Derek Hough? All the ingredients were there. I liked Kellie on her season. The cast was full of duds so it was easy to root for that whole top 4 when everyone else just was not that good. I think Kellie was a good dancer, but I feel like she did get overhyped by the judges (ending up with a higher average than Zendaya!! I mean! There was only one point in it but still). I was happy for her winning but this was one of those seasons where I was very clearly on one team so any result that didn't end in a Zendaya win was gonna feel kinda disappointing to me.

I was thinking back on Kellie's routines and I will say, her Jazz does kinda stand out to me. Mostly because I like everyone was mortified to find out Jazz was becoming a main style on this season, but Kellie and Jacoby both made me feel a little more at ease with it. So here it is one more time.

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, *Wallace said:

But yeah Kenya always dreamed of doing DWTS since it's start..... 30 years ago. I think that was what she said it a tweet/instagram post or something. :giggle:

Kenya has been watching DWTS since 1991 and manifested her spot on the show! Truly an inspiring story ❤️

• Haha 4

x1080
Laila Ali

This is payback for Wally taking aim at me when I haven’t played a DWTS rankdown previously so don’t know who everyone’s favourites are. 🥲 Also because I haven’t had one message asking me not to cut anyone so everyone’s fair game. I can go back and forth for the rest of the game.. I don’t really have any favourites left so I’m just cutting randomly at this point. :haha:

Laila Ali is a retired professional boxer and also the daughter of Muhammad Ali. Laila was partnered with Maks and eventually placed third out of eleven couples. Laila and Maks were a really strong pairing and it’s fair to say that Maks was able to get the best out of his partner. Sports women are very hit and miss on dancing shows but Laila was one of the highlights of the season. It was a nice surprise to see an elegant and regal side to a professional boxer and she competed with class. Laila and Maks were able to top the leaderboard five times throughout their journey but my overall favourite of dance was their Quickstep. She was able to play a character but nail the footwork at the same time which many struggle with. This is a good placement for Laila but she probably could’ve been higher! Quite possibly my winner of her season.