HunterGirl – “I See the Light” from Tangled

Jay Copeland – “Remember Me” from Coco

Lady K – “How Far I’ll Go” from Moana

Leah Marlene – “When She Loved Me” from Toy Story 2

Mike Parker – “You’ll Be in My Heart” from Tarzan

Nicolina Bozzo – “Poor Unfortunate Souls” from The Little Mermaid

Noah Thompson – “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from Toy Story

the muses yes GIF

TASTE. I was hoping he would pick that one! The only good choice besides Nicolina. Everyone else wants us to sob. lol

The only songs i know is "When She Loved Me", "How Far I'll Go", "Remember Me", and "You've Got A Friend" and "I've Seen The Light" 💀 i'll listen to the rest now i guess lol

Edited by erik g

1 minute ago, erik g said:

The only songs i know is "When She Loved Me", "How Far I'll Go", "Remember Me", and "You've Got A Friend" 💀 i'll listen to the rest now i guess lol

LISTEN TO HERCULES ENTIRE OST. :omg:

Screw new movies I'm a 1990's kid I have taste. lol jk

• Haha 1

ok i've listen to a little of all the songs

YES

Fritz and Leah

I think this will be good

Lady K and Emyrson 

I think this will be good but boring

Noah

This could go good or bad 

Christian, Nicolina

eh

Mike

You'll probably hit most of the right notes but i dont think this song fits your tone

Jay and Huntergirl

• Like 1

“You’ve Got A Friend In Me” is the perfect choice for Noah. It’s been done to death but I think he will have the best cover of it. 

“When She Loved Me” will be a beautiful moment for Leah. I wanted Maddie to sing this on her season! 

Emyrson will be in trouble this week, I think. Onward isn’t one of the most popular Disney movies if I’m not mistaken. 

I wanted Nicolina to sing “Part Of Your World.” 

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Like 1

“When She Loved Me” will be a beautiful moment for Leah. I wanted Maddie to sing this on her season! 

I really love Leah and think she will do a good job with the song, but was really hoping she would sing something different since Casey did such a good job covering it just last season.

I think that Nicolina, HunterGirl and Emyrson made the best song choices for this week. And I don't think Lady K's choice is too bad, either. We'll see what happens, though. And thank you m1key for posting the song choices. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1

How many of these are repeats? And why did no one choose a song from Encanto?

I believe 8 of them are repeats, with several of the songs having just been covered last season. And I don't know why no one chose a song from Encanto. I certainly think a contestant would have been wise to.

Edited by Winterfan

I love Mandy Moore but my Girl Hunter should crush this song, now let's switch Leah and Mike's song's and they both could have a moment. Love that Noah picked a song that sounds country.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Jay singing "Remember Me"... The exact number of runs this song needs is ZERO, so I am afraid.

That's not the only reason why his song choice worries me.  "Remember Me" is an example of the need to properly interpret a song.  The songwriter intended it to be a loving ballad addressed to his daughter, but the villain twisted it into a bombastic song about romance in general, not for a specific person.  Jay needs to understand the context of the song, and if he doesn't, then he's doomed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

That's not the only reason why his song choice worries me.  "Remember Me" is an example of the need to properly interpret a song.  The songwriter intended it to be a loving ballad addressed to his daughter, but the villain twisted it into a bombastic song about romance in general, not for a specific person.  Jay needs to understand the context of the song, and if he doesn't, then he's doomed.

This may be an unpopular opinion but i loved Michelle's performance of that song :ph34rwave: 

I don't know your opinión about it, but i personally think Michelle conveyed the message pretty well. Día de Muertos it's a happy celebration, we celebrate the memories of the people that are no longer with us, with the hope of watching them again one day. I feel Michelle's interpretación was like from the perspective of a dead person in the afterlife talking to their alive relatives, telling them "I'm fine and i'll wait for you, but meanwhile, enjoy your life and be happy". 

This is my perspective, i'm saying this a Mexican. Of course, people can have different opinions. But also, take in account that Michelle is actually Latina, so that probably helped her to connect with the song.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Jay singing "Remember Me"... The exact number of runs this song needs is ZERO, so I am afraid.

If Jay can sing it like he sang Lilac Wine (still theatrical, but a lot more classy) I think it could be good.