Who was better in lives but worse in pre-lives

thevoiceisthetop

Just because I have an inordinate level of mistrust for TPTB....if a contestant sounds better in the lives than they do in the autotuned rounds....it's because TPTB wanted it that way.  

• Like 2

I loved all of Keisha Renee's performances, but I personally preferred her live performances (with the exception of It Matters to Me). Midnight Train to Georgia, All By Myself, and Love Can Build a Bridge were all better than her blind, battle, and KO imo.

(Just realized the playoffs weren't live that season, so Love Can Build a Bridge technically doesn't count but idc 😅)

Edited by ikwonic
  • Like 1

Forgot to mention Cassadee Pope. Her blind and KO were not good to say the least, especially her KO. But she absolutely turned it around in the lives, with "Stupid Boy", "I´m With You", and some other excellent performances. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

MaKenzie Thomas

Addison Agen

19 hours ago, Daillon said:

Kimberly

18 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Rose Short! She was incredible in the lives.

Omg GIF

We need to define "worse" in pre-lives lmaoo but I agree they were better each week

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

25 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Omg GIF

We need to define "worse" in pre-lives lmaoo but I agree they were better each week

Being better in the lives means by default that they were worse in the pre-lives :P

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AliXRose said:

Omg GIF

Rose was amazing from the start imo (though I know her Knockout was her breakout moment for most people), but her diverse song choices in the lives really allowed her to shine even more. Better in the lives // worse in the pre-lives doesn't mean that they were bad before, just that they were better after.

• Like 4

Maybe not "worse" but "underwhelming/inconsistent" is a more fitting term for some.

Like Gihanna wasn't terrible and outright garbage in the pre-lives, she was just underwhelming in her Blind and Battle(she slayed what she could tho)

KO was her best pre-lives, but of course her Live shows were all 10s.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

Anna Grace and her one live performance was better than all her prelive rounds (Though I still like her other performances)

Kimberly Nichole truly started to shine in the lives. Not that she wasn't very good pre lives. But I think it was song choice that helped a lot, also she showed off a lot more belting and power in the live rounds.

Kyla Jade also had her two best performances live in one night only and let it be, and a bunch of other bangers like walhfmw and since you've been gone that were better than any of her prelive performances (other than her knockout)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

Amber Carrington, Josh Kaufman, Koryn Hawthorne, Rose Short... ooh, could I make a case for Carter Rubin?

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Koryn yet. Another great example of someone who came out of their shell in the lives.

Chevel could also be included, even if she had her breakout performance in Knockouts. Especially since she improved during the Lives

I will also add Shawn Sounds because he had his best performances in the competition during Lives

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Another great example is Myracle Holloway. She went from being the least popular member of Team Gwen and predicted playoff fodder to making Top 11 and having a controversial elimination here

I thought her pre-lives were amazing

She was the least popular team Gwen member??? I’m glad this forum gained some taste

• Like 4

From what I remember, the general consensus of IDF for Team Gwen was Rose and Kyndal getting the PVs and either Joanna or Jake Haldenvang getting the save. Myracle was viewed as fodder by many, mainly because her KO got montaged. And man, the meltdowns when she got ovee Kyndal were what you'd expect when a country guy beats an IDF favorite. In the biggest of ironies, the same intense meltdowns happened when Shane Q beat her on the Instant Save.