Angeles

Who Sang "Already Gone" Better?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Who Sang "Already Gone" Better?

• Grey (S5)
    • Corey Ward (S20)

23 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Unpopular : Grey :stealth:

Pretty much cause she did the Kelly version, which was both powerful and emotional, I loved it 💖🔥

Corey did great too

I am a diehard KC fan. But Kelly's version is a bit... too Ryan Tedder-ish for me. 

Beyonce Flirt GIF

I think Corey got this in the bag when it comes to the interpretation of the lyrics and Sleeping at Last version is marvelous when it comes to arrangement. 

• Like 1

I think that Grey gave a more vocal performance and Corey gave a more emotional performance. I prefer Grey's voice, but Corey interpreted the song well. I think I'm going to go with Grey, but this is so close!

I like that this poll is one in which the two are actually both incredible; some other ones are just one or two great ones and then some mediocre ones lol 

Both are actually pretty great, despite the radically different arrangements.

Grey is the better vocalist and her voice is probably more in line with what I normally listen to, but she was smiling her way through the song. I mean, she did the upbeat Kelly version but still. 

Corey interpreted the song much better, and created an emotional moment. His belts toward the end cut deep. I might have to lean towards him.

Edited by FloorWax

Christina Aguilera 🤪 jk. Christina thought of a really smart way to soar in that song ^^ lol

Adriana Louise from Season 3 (smart arrangement but poor execution imo) and Jean Kelly from Season 7 also sang the song

... but Queen Grey did the best for me, vocally. Corey won it for me emotionally. So, I can't choose :P 

• Like 1

Grey and it's not that close.  The reason peeps don't (successfully) do straight up Kelly covers is because 99% of singers can't.  Grey can and did.  TBH she is the only contestant on this show I can remember that went for a straight up cover of a belty Kelly song and didn't suck.  Peeps do what Corey did (stylize to fit a limited voice) everyday in the Nashville bars.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Grey and it's not that close.  The reason peeps don't (successfully) do straight up Kelly covers is because 99% of singers can't.  Grey can and did.  TBH she is the only contestant on this show I can remember that went for a straight up cover of a belty Kelly song and didn't suck.  Peeps do what Corey did (stylize to fit a limited voice) everyday in the Nashville bars.

I agree with what I bolded. But just because a lot more people can do what Corey can doesn’t mean it’s worse.

IMO it’s hard to compare these two performances, even if they sang the same song. They are really different.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I agree with what I bolded. But just because a lot more people can do what Corey can doesn’t mean it’s worse.

IMO it’s hard to compare these two performances, even if they sang the same song. They are really different.

Agree with the bolded.  Love what you love. 

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Absolutely, Corey's not also is a different version, but also has a different emphasis. Grey came off as more focused on the vocals, while Corey came off as more focused on the emotion.