The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

37 minutes ago, Dany said:

Well from Deadline interview 

So what other change they can make to eventize TV  :muwahaha:

Crossovers with Law & Order where the contestants get to play suspects. The further you go on The Voice, the bigger the role. 🤔

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

wow.... big change i guess

i dont know how i feel about it, given that i'd love to get to konw the contestants better on the show and i dont like the current season format, but i also liked having two seasons per year

At least it probably won’t conflict with S20 of Idol lol. :haha:

Edited by Bk1234

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

We`ll see. It`d be the smartest decision to air the show in the fall then.

That's pretty much why I think they're going down to one per year -- so as not to compete with AI in the spring.

I don’t think it’s because of idol, the spring seasons have felt like an afterthought for the last few seasons. 

With having mondays/tuesdays in the fall we’ll be back to a regular season for season 21, which is great. And I do think it will keep the show fresh, 40 shows a year is a lot.

But I’m definitely going to suffer withdrawal in the spring 

• Like 2

WOW WOW.

I do think this is good move! I’m sure we’re getting a longer season now that we won’t have spring seasons. So it’ll now be moving like American Idol  has been (with one cycle) it’s going to be interesting!!

Glad to see that they are sure the voice will be round for a long time.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I don't mind 1 season a year if it means more performances.

But also let's go back to S8 or even S5 format. I want all the performances and to enjoy my faves as much as possible.

I’d like to go back to S5’s format, personally. 

• Like 3

Off Topic but NBC has a new song competition show 

https://deadline.com/2021/05/american-song-contest-u-s-version-of-eurovision-nbc-1234756361/

The U.S. version will feature live original musical performances, representing all 50 states, five U.S. territories and our nation’s capital, competing to win the country’s vote for the Best Original Song.

It will include solo artists, duos, DJs and bands from a variety of styles and genres.

The live competition consists of three rounds as the acts compete in a series of Qualifying Rounds, followed by the Semi Finals and the ultimate Grand Final where one state or territory will emerge victorious.

It is expected to air midseason or summer on NBC.

It's based on Eurovision Song Contest

EDIT: I started a thread in the TV show subforum

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I just realized in the tvline article, it said this...

The Voice will only air one cycle next season, in the fall.

Yup! And I think this is for the good. I hope this is for every year and not just this one.

Whats the likelihood of this being a one season thing?

• Like 1