The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

20 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

Am I remembering correctly that Hailey Mia sang Arcade in the original key? The original singer is a baritone and the songs starts low even for a grown man.

There is absolutely no way she sang it in the original key. Maybe transposed up an octave or something.

9 minutes ago, Dov said:

There is absolutely no way she sang it in the original key. Maybe transposed up an octave or something.

I doubt she did and I do think that she sang the lower parts an octave higher but if she did sing it like the original and went low and high then she is a huge threat and that’s pretty impressive, it would make me more interested in her than I already am. 

Edited by Mohammad

1 hour ago, Mohammad said:

I doubt she did and I do think that she sang the lower parts an octave higher but if she did sing it like the original and went low and high then she is a huge threat and that’s pretty impressive, it would make me more interested in her than I already am. 

I just listened to the first part of the song and heard an A2, which would be really impressive for any female let alone a 13 year old! I agree it’s probably 1 octave higher. A3 to G3 seems to be about the low end of the range for many female contestants I’ve tracked, including Brynn and Chevel. That’s about how low Maelyn went too, but I won’t say she can’t go lower. Alisan went down a little lower than that, but I can’t recall which song it was. Kyla might be able to hit the A2. 

1 hour ago, colemanftw said:

Am I remembering correctly that Hailey Mia sang Arcade in the original key? The original singer is a baritone and the songs starts low even for a grown man.

Looked back at my source's comments on that one and they said that she sang in a key "very close to" the original but that it allowed her to hit really high notes.

Do what you want with that info. :thumbs:

If she went that low, then props, but it would be really strange for a female that young to have that kind of low register. Corey struggled with that beginning when he sang that song last season. It would take someone like Mendeleyev to hit it properly. 

I checked and this is what was said apparently:

-Hailey was in the same key as original or very close and hit high notes. This is my same source as taping 2 blinds and they said this was 100% better than her blind

I´m gonna assume she sang it in the same key (A minor), but she did the low parts an octave higher.

Edited by Misirlou

Also, from checking the comments I came across this one:

-Cunninghams were strong in the harmonies but too manyindividual parts/not a lot of harmonies

Seems like they struggled individually, and TPTB arranged them to have more individual parts than harmonies. Wonder how GNT´s KO song and arrangement turned out to be, although I´m convinced that all three can hold their own individually.

26 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If she went that low, then props, but it would be really strange for a female that young to have that kind of low register. Corey struggled with that beginning when he sang that song last season. It would take someone like Mendeleyev to hit it properly. 

If you listen to her cover of “Falling” on IG the lowest she hits is a G3 and it sounds like it’s pretty much the bottom of her comfortable range. If she was able to go down to an A2 from that my jaw would literally hit the floor.

18 hours ago, Misirlou said:

On second thoughts, I think the only battle so far I suspect could be montaged is the LiBianca vs Tommy one, because apparently he struggled with the song (Totally out of his lane, btw) and Blake didn´t like him on that battle, so they might as well avoid those comments and the mis-pairing. 

I suspect that the "Cardigan" Battle could be montaged, too, since Taylor rarely gives the show the rights to air any of her songs.  Pity, since it's one of my favorite songs of hers.

10 minutes ago, Dov said:

If you listen to her cover of “Falling” on IG the lowest she hits is a G3 and it sounds like it’s pretty much the bottom of her comfortable range. If she was able to go down to an A2 from that my jaw would literally hit the floor.

Hailey Mia in general is outstanding for her age and amazing in general, her technique is great she can go high and low and her tone is just WOW. She might just move up to my top 5 favorites when I see her on the show.

56 minutes ago, Dov said:

I suspect E5-F5 is close to the top of her range in her chest voice. Maybe she can go higher with some coaching and practice. She hit D5-flat pretty easily here. https://www.instagram.com/p/CEF_jM7jlG4/?utm_medium=copy_link

EDIT: It’s probably important to point out that was a year ago...so she was apparently 12. 😂 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mohammad said:

Hailey Mia in general is outstanding for her age and amazing in general, her technique is great she can go high and low and her tone is just WOW. She might just move up to my top 5 favorites when I see her on the show.

The more I listen to her covers the more I have to agree. Her tone is really something special.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Out all the 7 confirmed four chair turns this season (and I'm sure we have at least one more), 4 have lost a round, and 2 out of those 4 were eliminated.

I'm sure there are more than 8 4-CTs

Lol I thought it was only Carson but I remembered Aaron was eliminated in the Battles and people seems not to talk about him.

7 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I'm sure there are more than 8 4-CTs

Lol I thought it was only Carson but I remembered Aaron was eliminated in the Battles and people seems not to talk about him.

I don´t think people really expected him to go far, especially considering he was on Team Kelly, dubbed the strongest one at the time.

I definitely expected him to at least make the KOs, and maybe get stolen, but he got the early boot.

My rankings of the teams from strongest to weakest vocally and voting wise , I am basing this off of the whole team in general not a specific artist.

Strongest to weakest vocally :

1.Team Kelly

2.Team Ariana

3.Team Blake

4.Team John

Strongest to weakest voting wise

1. Team Blake

2. Team Kelly

3. Team Ariana

4. Team John

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I suspect E5-F5 is close to the top of her range in her chest voice. Maybe she can go higher with some coaching and practice

That's all she needs, tbh. Still high enough to impress the audience and not to turn anyone off with 'yelling' or whatever. She needs better songs, tho. Arcade and you broke me first aren't going to cut it. There are many songs, I'm sure she'd at least like to sing that minivan would eat up.