The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, Voicelover222 said:

TJR vs Peedy. I smell a robbery. Can’t wait to see the performance. Something doesn’t add up for me with this pairing…

I mean... you saw how Taryn obliterated Worth The Wait. Definitely plausible. Trios are risky.

14 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Didn't she do a concert or something? I think that listening to Ariana sing live for free is different than voting for a contestant w/o any real incentive. I see what you mean, though, and, like I said before, I could be wrong.

It wasn't a concert in the way you think. It isn't her singing live or anything. It's just an animated Ariana lipsyncing to a medley of her songs. You're basically just having an in-game watch party of something that will be uploaded to YT later anyway.

Edited by FloorWax

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

It wasn't a concert in the way you think. It isn't her singing live or anything. It's just an animated Ariana lipsyncing to a medley of her songs. You're basically just having an in-game watch party of something that will be uploaded to YT later anyway.

Yeah literally this.🤣

12 hours ago, Misirlou said:

She sang one country song in the KOs. But she was purely pop on the show otherwise.

I NEVER REALIZED THAT SHE SANG RASCAL FLATTS AND SLAYYYYED!!! I love when country songs can be turned into pop (vise verses as well lol). 

Holly can do the same thing with country!

I also cannot believe that one of y’all though Brynn was Country! 😂

Edited by Voice

4 hours ago, Voicelover222 said:

TJR vs Peedy. I smell a robbery. Can’t wait to see the performance. Something doesn’t add up for me with this pairing…

I like TJR but lets wait until the battle comes out.  Peedy has a musical theatre background and likely more power that we think.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Peedy has a musical theatre background and likely more power that we think.

His Stapleton cover on Instagram was so good! If he managed to beat a trio, I feel like he's really a strong competitor (since you can easily get drowned by the harmonies of a group, unless you have a voice that cuts through/stands out). It'd be sad to lose either him or Carson, but I feel like only one will move forward to the lives 🥲

Edited by sydneysam
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

His Stapleton cover on Instagram was so good! If he managed to beat a trio, I feel like he's really a strong competitor (since you can easily get drowned by the harmonies of a group, unless you have a voice that cuts through/stands out). It'd be sad to lose either him or Carson, but I feel like only one will move forward to the lives 🥲

Might be a bit unpopular but I hope both move on somehow.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

If they’re paired together and in the first taping, I could see that ending in a steal.

I think the producers will make sure they are in the last taping so that doesn’t happen. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe, but don’t forget who he paired Kyla with. 

Yep. A steal.

They are always in a precarious position with him. One of his OG members might have to flop hard for his steal to gain the win. (Funsho vs Katrina Cain on S15).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Yep. A steal.

They are always in a precarious position with him. One of his OG members might have to flop hard for his steal to gain the win. (Funsho vs Katrina Cain on S15).

The Fate of Blake's battle steals the past few seasons:

S20: Andrew Marshall - Lost KO, stolen by Nick

S19: James Pyle - Lost KO, no steal

S18: Cedrice - Lost KO, stolen by Kelly

S17: Lauren Hall - Lost KO, no steal

Jonathan has an uphill battle for sure.

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yep. A steal.

Not just a steal. A complete mismatch of genre, style, age, experience, and vocal ability. I won’t rule anything out. 

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Yeah, Blake almost never values his steals. He has to really really like them for them to have a chance at his Top 3. He almost always uses them as fodder

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Yeah, Blake almost never values his steals. He has to really really like them for them to have a chance at his Top 3. He almost always uses them as fodder

I feel like the only one that he kept and wanted for his team was Chloe

14 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

For sure. I hope for the best for him, but he is in a tight position, probably as tight as the saves.

To put things into perspective, here's the list of battle steals who managed to make it past the playoffs since S11.

CammWess (S18) - 4th Place

Joanna Serenko (S18) - Semifinals

Rod Stokes (S16) - Semifinals

Oliv Blu (S16) - Top 13

SandyRedd (S15) - Top 13

Jackie Foster (S14) - Semifinals

Kaleb Lee (S14) - Semifinals

Addison Agen (S13) - Runner-up

Noah Mac (S13) - Semifinals

Brennley Brown (S12) - Semifinals

Hunter Plake (S12) - Semifinals

Sa'Rayah (S11) - Top 12

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

To put things into perspective, here's the list of battle steals who managed to make it past the playoffs since S11.

CammWess (S18) - 4th Place

Joanna Serenko (S18) - Semifinals

Rod Stokes (S16) - Semifinals

Oliv Blu (S16) - Top 13

SandyRedd (S15) - Top 13

Jackie Foster (S14) - Semifinals

Kaleb Lee (S14) - Semifinals

Addison Agen (S13) - Runner-up

Noah Mac (S13) - Semifinals

Brennley Brown (S12) - Semifinals

Hunter Plake (S12) - Semifinals

Sa'Rayah (S11) - Top 12

What about Joana Martinez (S17) - Top 10

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

And Oliv

That's a special case. Oliv was the SIXTH person on his team post-playoffs that season. In any other season she would have 0 chance.

• Like 2