The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

14 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I was going to say, you know better then to say that male country singers need range 😛 (and Luke's limited range is bigger then Aldean's, or Eric Church..although Church is good in other ways) 

In the same breath, I used Luke as an example of why they can get by without range. Jake Hoot did too. They just have to be careful when picking songs. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

In the same breath, I used Luke as an example of why they can get by without range. Jake Hoot did too. 

Range really doesn't matter (for me) as long as they can deliver the meaning and the emotions of the song

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Church's tone just clicks with me. Sometimes that's all you need when it comes to an audience, despite limited range. That's the case with a lot of the country guys on the show.

In fact I would argue that, with male country singers especially, tone is significantly more important then range 

@TeamAudra yes I know, and agreed 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ammonium said:

Range really doesn't matter (for me) as long as they can deliver the meaning and the emotions of the song

It doesn’t matter much to me either, but it can be controversial in a singing competition when someone doesn’t show more than an octave of range. The male country singers tend to get away with it, though. Chris Kroeze did. 

In KO genre doesn't matter as much because they're singing two different songs anyways. Its more about what the coach wants their live team to look like. Blake for instance tends to prefer to have contestants in different lanes, so if he has two contestants in the same lane, he'll pair them to leave only the "stronger". If Ariana wants multiple pop female girls on her lives team, she won't pair them against each other. Kelly is one who doesn't always pair by genre/type. 

39 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I was going to say, you know better then to say that male country singers need range 😛 (and Luke's limited range is bigger then Aldean's, or Eric Church..although Church is good in other ways) 

To be fair, some females get by without it too, like Kacey. She finished in 7th place on a singing show, but she’s winning in the actual music industry. 

Edited by TeamAudra

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

In KO genre doesn't matter as much because they're singing two different songs anyways. Its more about what the coach wants their live team to look like. Blake for instance tends to prefer to have contestants in different lanes, so if he has two contestants in the same lane, he'll pair them to leave only the "stronger". If Ariana wants multiple pop female girls on her lives team, she won't pair them against each other. Kelly is one who doesn't always pair by genre/type. 

Kelly has had some bizarre KO pairings before. I expect it to be this way again. It could very well be GNT vs Gymani or something.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Kelly has had some bizarre KO pairings before. I expect it to be this way again. It could very well be GNT vs Gymani or something.

If she does GNT versus Gymani, someone needs to talk to the producers and figure out what the hell they’re thinking trying that nonsense (both acts are ones I expect to make the lives, so I’m really hoping that match doesn’t happen)

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Manny is a wildcard, since there’s only one other solo male artist on Ariana’s team and we don’t know how she’s going to handle her steals yet

Idk she apparently cried after every battle elimination, I don't see her favoring him over her OGs

37 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

To be fair, some females get by without it too, like Kacey. She finished in 7th place on a singing show, but she’s winning in the actual music industry. 

I remember when Katy Perry and Kacey did a duet of "Firework" for CMT Crossroads and she was supposed to sing the last chorus while Katy did the low harmony. Instead, she just stopped singing while Katy sang the low harmony by herself. Props to her for knowing when to back off though.

Edited by FloorWax

Just now, AliXRose said:

Idk she apparently cried after every battle elimination, I don't see her favoring him over her OGs

I don’t see him making it beyond KOs, but without any sort of track record to base Ari’s strategy off of (while Blake has that with his battle steals generally being KO fodder), I ranked him higher than Jonathan even though I think Jonathan has better odds of getting stolen.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

If there’s a potential snowflake killer on Team Blake, it’s not Carson. It’s this guy. Dammit! :P

Is this Peedy? I literally thought "Peedy" was a middle aged man (a la Pete) just by the name and his opponents.....this was a surprise to say the least lol

• Haha 4