The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, seak05 said:

There are actually fewer teenage pop singers this season then I was expecting. That said, you never know what people are going to do in the moment. Kelly can make some very compelling pitches, even vs Ariana 

There's cureently two acts at the moment if I'm correct: The Cunningham Sisters and Hailey Mia (although I havent checked her out enough to see if she's fully pop). The rest of the pop singers are in their 20s or more. 

Ariana currently has like 4 or 5 pop girls (including one TBA), a pop guy, an alternative rock guy and a folk/singer songwriter duo.

4 hours ago, ammonium said:

When it comes to semifinals, I think most of them (enough of them) will be familiar with the proccess. Yeah let's see.

Whatever finale format, only thing I expect is more lives. Then we can really measure contestants. 

it is not easy to sing live consecutively

I'm curious about how Ariana fans usually communicate and organize with each other. I know when Kelly first came on board as a coach I posted information on the voting rules and how to make an account on both her most active fan messageboard and her official Team Kelly FB group. The detail and length that I used in those posts for that season and everyone since is longer than is convenient to post on Twitter or Instagram which I imagine would be the more likely platforms her fans are on so I'm wondering how easy it would be for them to communicate how to maximize votes, etc. 

6 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

I'm curious about how Ariana fans usually communicate and organize with each other. I know when Kelly first came on board as a coach I posted information on the voting rules and how to make an account on both her most active fan messageboard and her official Team Kelly FB group. The detail and length that I used in those posts for that season and everyone since is longer than is convenient to post on Twitter or Instagram which I imagine would be the more likely platforms her fans are on so I'm wondering how easy it would be for them to communicate how to maximize votes, etc. 

the most communication will probably come from her Team Ariana page , the Ariana Grande Today page and some other pages that have a lot of followers and gets a lot of traction.  And for ig there are a lot of fan pages with over like 100K so over there would communicate on voting too

5 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

the most communication will probably come from her Team Ariana page , the Ariana Grande Today page and some other pages that have a lot of followers and gets a lot of traction.  And for ig there are a lot of fan pages with over like 100K so over there would communicate on voting too

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned often enough is that much of Ariana’s fanbase (I don’t know the percentage, but I’m sure it’s a lot) is outside of the US. 

I still believe the voting is decided by casual viewers, who have had the app on their phones for years. A few thousand people voting off a message board vs. millions of experienced viewers. 🤔 

Edited by TeamAudra

Just now, TeamAudra said:

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned often enough is that much of Ariana’s fanbase (I don’t know the percentage, but I’m sure it’s a lot) is outside of the US. 

I still believe the voting is decided by casual viewers, who have had the app on their phones for years. A few thousand people voting off a message board vs. millions of experiences viewers. 🤔 

This is also true. A good much of her fans are international so we’ll see if they will actually get a vpn to vote. Thiss is why I’m on the fence about her fans pulling through.  (Which I hope they do because I’m sick of minivan)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

This is also true. A good much of her fans are international so we’ll see if they will actually get a vpn to vote. Thiss is why I’m on the fence about her fans pulling through.  (Which I hope they do because I’m sick of minivan)

Is there really an "antagonist" this season that IDF fears Minivan will vote through over their favorites, though?

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Is there really an "antagonist" this season that IDF fears Minivan will vote through over their favorites, though?

Tbh only could think of Carson…. But no not really… my hate for minivan is more for them not supporting my faves…

6 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

It will take an enormous number to unseat minivan. I know it’s been mentioned here numerous times, but the median age of the show’s viewership is over 60 years old, predominantly female, and most of them love Blake. :P

Just now, TeamAudra said:

It will take an enormous number to unseat minivan. I know it’s been mentioned here numerous times, but the median age of the show’s viewership is over 60 years old, predominantly female, and most of them love Blake. :P

Yeah ik……which is why I hope Aris presence brings younger viewers to change the trajectory of the show….(which is needed !) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jus.willy said:

Tbh only could think of Carson…. But no not really… my hate for minivan is more for them not supporting my faves

This. Very few people that I can think of here actually hate the snowflake killers here. I'm not ashamed to say I hate minivan (not only because of them usually not supporting my faves but (and I don't want to generalize) many of them don't really support success coming from LGBTQ, black people (especially women), females, latinos, etc, and it's pretty exhausting at this point to know that anyone who fits the previous mold(s) has a really tough road/will likely not win the show because of minivan's preferences.)

If Ari does achieve bringing a younger audience here, I'm optimistic enough to think that what I previously said may change. Ofc, if Ari doesn't come back in future seasons we can expect going back to the minivan normal in the future lol. Also, I've seen arguments about Miley being unable to really bring any change to The Voice when she was a coach while being a major name with a huge fanbase, and while I do agree with that, I'm confident in the fact that if we compare Miley's status in S11 and Ari's now, Ari's is way more massive and has more potential to do what Miley ultimately couldn't.

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 5

It takes the right contestant. For example, if that 13 year old contestant of Ariana’s gains favor with minivan, and delivers, they might overlook the donut licking incident for a while. 

Oh, wait! After I typed that, I went and checked the spoilers, and see that the 13 year old girl was stolen by....Kelly! Oops. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It takes the right contestant. For example, if that 13 year old contestant of Ariana’s gains favor with minivan, and delivers, they might overlook the donut licking incident for a while. 

Oh, wait! After I typed that, I went and checked the spoilers, and see that the 13 year old girl was stolen by....Kelly! Oops. 

Awww you thought this was funny😭

The same 13 yea old girl can be dumped by Kelly in a KO with TCS and she can be stolen back by Ari

(but I agree with your first part)

Edited by jus.willy
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

This. Very few people that I can think of here actually hate the snowflake killers here. I'm not ashamed to say I hate minivan (not only because of them usually not supporting my faves but (and I don't want to generalize) many of them don't really support success coming from LGBTQ, black people (especially women), females, latinxs, etc, and it's pretty exhausting at this point to know that anyone who fits the previous mold(s) has a really tough road/will likely not win the show because of minivan's preferences.)

If Ari does achieve bringing a younger audience here, I'm optimistic enough to think that what I previously said may change. Ofc, if Ari doesn't come back in future seasons we can expect going back to the minivan normal in the future lol. Also, I've seen arguments about Miley being unable to really bring any change to The Voice when she was a coach while being a major name with a huge fanbase, and while I do agree with that, I'm confident in the fact that if we compare Miley's status in S11 and Ari's now, Ari's is way more massive and has more potential to do what Miley ultimately couldn't.

All of this

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Who's the thirteen-year-old?  I don't waste my time looking up these other people's pages and profiles like others do.  Who is she?

Just now, jus.willy said:

Awww you thought this was funny😭

The same 13 yea old girl can be dumped by Kelly in a KO with TCS and she can be stolen back by Ari

(but I agree with your first part)

I honestly didn’t recall that spoiler, so I went and checked it half way through my comment! Maybe the 13 year old doesn’t have what it takes at this stage (I haven’t even listened to her), but if there’s anything there at all, set her up with some fodder and a song right in her wheelhouse. 

Also, just realized that two (potential) snowflake killers that I think were discussed post blinds have already gone home (TJR and Clint). And while Team Blake is usually the biggest threat regarding snowflake killers, this season it's looking to be more diverse. I think the only possible snowflake killers that remain from what we know are Peedy and Carson, and we're yet to see how much damage they do (especially since they're in a team with Miss Wendy Moten lol)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I´m actually betting that Hailey M will be against TCS. Wouldn´t be the first time Kelly pairs her youngest people together. And I´m expecting a TCS win if that´s the case.

Agreed. And if she is really good in her KO there’s no way Ari isnt stealing her back 

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Also, just realized that two (potential) snowflake killers that I think were discussed post blinds have already gone home (TJR and Clint). And while Team Blake is usually the biggest threat regarding snowflake killers, this season it's looking to be more diverse. I think the only possible snowflake killers that remain from what we know are Peedy and Carson, and we're yet to see how much damage they do (especially since they're in a team with Miss Wendy Moten lol)

Clint was never a snowflake killer, honestly. TJR exited early than i expected them to but the trio thing was gonna hold them back anyway.

As for Peedy and Carson, I don´t think anyone is worried against what they could do against Wendy (although Minivan could find them more appealing, but I´m not so sure still), but about what they can do to favorites on other teams. Blake is probably not taking them both since they occupy a similar lane, but the winner of that possible KO match will still probably be considered a snowflake killer.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for Peedy and Carson, I don´t think anyone is worried against what they could do against Wendy (although Minivan could find them more appealing, but I´m not so sure still)

I am :stealth: If either one of them is a decent live singer and can keep a level of consistency, I will give them the edge over Wendy, regardless of how well she does. I don’t think they will win though (or anyone from Team Blake really)

• Like 1

Carson and Peedy are both to young, beardless, and cowboy hatless to be true snowflake killers. Carson is an excellent musician though, and if given songs that allow him to play fiddle, minivan will almost certainly stan. 

• Like 1