The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Omg I'm illiterate, sorry for the mess I just tried to respond and delete a comment I had quoted earlier, accidentally hit submit, hence the blank comment, which I can't figure out how to delete 😭 

Anyways just wanted to say David did an amazing job with the Selena song. He's very smart so however far he makes it in lives, I think he's got his foot in the door of the industry and I have hopes that his talent will help him establish a solid career at the very least. 

Ryleigh was good but my issue with her choice is she didn't make me forget Miley's version, which is sort of my baseline for covers. Her version of Anyone by Demi felt like her own song. I didn't feel that with this performance. 

Edited by OneDayACat

Alright, took the usual trip to FB land:

• They prefer Samuel by a long shot. Most comments are praising him. A few comments expressing sadness that Brittany went home or choosing her but they are outweighted by the Samuel praise.
  • Mostly praise for the 3 girls (TCS and Hailey), but in terms of who won its slightly divided, I see Hailey being praised more, but there some comments expressing dissappointment that TCS went home. Others are mad that they lost due to song choice. (A Christian song)
  • Praise for both Ryleigh and David for the most part. Many comments saying they are happy David got stolen. Overall I see him being praised a bit more. 

Edited by Misirlou

6 hours ago, Mohammad said:

If Jeremy delivers a really great KO or a KO with a moment , and delivers in the lives really well , do you think he can go all the way and possibly win the show ?

lul no. At this point, thinking GNT aren't Kelly's frontrunners is just unrealistic. I'd say any contestant not named Tom is just fighting for the second PV or CS right now. 

• Like 1

GNT has been given a stellar treatment, to the point that its clear they are TCO of the season.

Does that mean that they'll win? Not neccesarily. They have to do their part as well (Not that they havent done it so far, because they have had one of the most flawless pre lives runs ever), but they need to keep it up for lives. POs in particular is crucial, since they need to prove they won't end up as other groups in the past.

That being said, given their treatment, they are gonna get great song choices, and we know every individual member can sing, so someone holding them back won't be a problem for them.

It should be interesting to see how everything plays out. As of now, I don't think anyone on Team Kelly is gonna get past them. They just need to do good on the playoffs and I'll be calling them finalists.

• Like 2

The promo for Monday is on Taylor Denapoli's (Bella's sister) IG story.

Samara, Bella, Manny, Shadale and Peedy shown.

Plus John dancing around because of the steal (which obviously was for Paris)

It appears Shadale is going for a big note there and Peedy is staying on the showman lane. (Singling out these two since we dont know their songs)

https://www.instagram.com/stories/taylordenapoli/2693387963809490252/

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

GNT has been given a stellar treatment, to the point that its clear they are TCO of the season.

Does that mean that they'll win? Not neccesarily. They have to do their part as well (Not that they havent done it so far, because they have had one of the most flawless pre lives runs ever), but they need to keep it up for lives. POs in particular is crucial, since they need to prove they won't end up as other groups in the past.

That being said, given their treatment, they are gonna get great song choices, and we know every individual member can sing, so someone holding them back won't be a problem for them.

It should be interesting to see how everything plays out. As of now, I don't think anyone on Team Kelly is gonna get past them. They just need to do good on the playoffs and I'll be calling them finalists.

They have successfully navigated the battle/kO rounds too (these are the rounds where the "voice vs voices" stigma hurts the most) and from now on they are gonna face less criticism in that regard. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Aside from Cassadee Pope, was there a winner who wasn't stellar/well received in the KOs?

I don’t think so. Sundance was probably the winner whose Knockout I remember the least, but it was still good from what I can remember. He didn’t become a frontrunner until the Lives though

24 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

we probably will find out about the voting thing on sunday during the pairing video

I don’t think so to be honest. I think it’s the type of twist that they will want viewers to tune in to see what it is

• Like 2

Can't wait for Monday already. Aside from having people whose KO I wanna hear, to finally know with what twist are we dealing here.

Everything points to a comeback, 1 artist per coach and the public votes via the app. No clue if they will perform again or its just based on their body of work though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Can't wait for Monday already. Aside from having people whose KO I wanna hear, to finally know with what twist are we dealing here.

Everything points to a comeback, 1 artist per coach and the public votes via the app. No clue if they will perform again or its just based on their body of work though.

i mean if they perform again, we might get more montages or short clipped

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Aside from Cassadee Pope, was there a winner who wasn't stellar/well received in the KOs?

The closest are Danielle and Sawyer, i think. Sawyer's performance was kinda overshadowed by Mia's, but he still got good reception from what i can remember. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The closest are Danielle and Sawyer, i think. Sawyer's performance was kinda overshadowed by Mia's, but he still got good reception from what i can remember. 

Sawyer pretty much won as soon as he finished his acapella intro in the blinds. While I agree Mia was better in the KOs, he pretty much just had to show up from there on lol. Same for Jordan, KOs was pretty much another round for them. 

• Like 1

When I think of KO "moments" that gave the light on the possible winner, I think Jake Hoot, Chloe MK, Carter, Brynn (even though I didnt like her run her KO was phenomenal)  I won't mention Todd T or Cam, because while they killed it, I (foolishly) wasn't convinced they were gonna win then. With the others at least I had a feeling it might end well for them.

This season, I dont know about y'all, but GNT made me feel that.

• Like 2

Also, not sure if Sundance had a "moment" in KOs either.  It was a good performance, but not on the level of the people I mentioned above.

From what I recall, his turning point was when he flipped the Alicia song, but I could be wrong.

Those who watched the season live and checked SM, how was his KO recieved?