The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

36 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Wendy needs to be the winner. 

I think it would be bad for Wendy to win. It wouldn't be a good move due to the contract.  For someone trying to revive her music career (at her age, no less), she probably wouldn't want that.

Just now, TeamAudra said:

There probably is no right or wrong answer here, but for those who think GNT is the frontrunner, why do you think Wendy isn’t at least “co-frontrunner?” I have to go but I’ll check back on this later. 

For me, because she didn't really make any mark on the competition until this round.  If you noticed her stats from the first two rounds, she was getting hammered until now.  And even that only stopped because, as you put it, Blake put out the "bat signal" for her after her Knockout.  Something he did not do before now.

Girl Named Tom, OTOH, has crushed it every round.

38 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

GNT is a bit too overrated to me. They’re good with the harmonies but they’re a bit too sleepy for me. Hoping to hop on board with them during their live perfomances.

I keep wondering if they will mess with their formula at all.  It would be pretty brave and a little scary seeing as they've done so well with the choices they've made.

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

There probably is no right or wrong answer here, but for those who think GNT is the frontrunner, why do you think Wendy isn’t at least “co-frontrunner?” I have to go but I’ll check back on this later. 

Guessing because Blake just won, and GNT's views on FB are high.

But if Minivan is split between Holly and GNT with the KO, I don't see a clear frontrunner spot for them(incoming backlash)

Blake always gets Top 2(Top 3 at the very minimum) So I don't see why Wendy can't take another win for him.

Live performances will be very telling though, who can actually sing when put on the spot? We'll see. Wendy is one to deliver the best(She's a clear professional with decades of experience, she ain't having a bad performance barring a nasty throat infection, but even then it shouldn't be an excuse)

We'll also see if Hailey can actually live up to the stage at a young age, if she exceeds, she can easily make Finale, but if not then I think she'll be in danger by Top 10 or even sooner.

Like you said, too many variables, answers will be coming shortly.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Do we think someone other than Blake can achieve "two in the finale" ?

That man and Pharrell are the only other coaches who've achieved it.  But I fear that that will be nigh on impossible for any other as long as Blake is still here.

Although looking at the quality of Blake's team this season, I think that Kelly could probably pull it off.   Maybe Ariana if the voters separate her from her team.  Blake has Wendy, and literally no one else, so that could make it easier.

21 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Do we think someone other than Blake can achieve "two in the finale" ? Right now I can't see both GNT and Hailey in the top 4.

Team Blake seems weaker than usual (voting-wise) so maybe. For now I’m going to say no though.

36 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I think it would be bad for Wendy to win. It wouldn't be a good move due to the contract.  For someone trying to revive her music career (at her age, no less), she probably wouldn't want that.

As much as I’d be over the moon if Wendy won (because it would be well deserved), I agree that given the current Republic Records contract associated with the title, she better hope she doesn’t place higher than second or has very good legal help to get her out of that contract.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rodney said:

For me, because she didn't really make any mark on the competition until this round.  If you noticed her stats from the first two rounds, she was getting hammered until now.  And even that only stopped because, as you put it, Blake put out the "bat signal" for her after her Knockout.  Something he did not do before now.

Girl Named Tom, OTOH, has crushed it every round.

You just described the journey of quite a few winners. And if we’re going to put such a premium on Facebook stats in the pre-lives, Wendy/Jonathan are leading GNT/Holly by a decent margin this week. 

43 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Guessing because Blake just won, and GNT's views on FB are high.

But if Minivan is split between Holly and GNT with the KO, I don't see a clear frontrunner spot for them(incoming backlash)

Blake always gets Top 2(Top 3 at the very minimum) So I don't see why Wendy can't take another win for him.

Live performances will be very telling though, who can actually sing when put on the spot? We'll see. Wendy is one to deliver the best(She's a clear professional with decades of experience, she ain't having a bad performance barring a nasty throat infection, but even then it shouldn't be an excuse)

We'll also see if Hailey can actually live up to the stage at a young age, if she exceeds, she can easily make Finale, but if not then I think she'll be in danger by Top 10 or even sooner.

Like you said, too many variables, answers will be coming shortly.

GNT’s Facebook views were high in the previous rounds, one in which they were leaked. History is littered with Voice contestants who were pimped hard in the early rounds and didn’t live up to that hype. Furthermore, since Blake has won 3x in a row, and Kelly achieved back to back wins, I don’t see any reason Blake can’t win this season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

GNT’s Facebook views were high in the previous rounds, one in which they were leaked. History is littered with Voice contestants who were pimped hard in the early rounds and didn’t live up to that hype. Furthermore, since Blake has won 3x in a row, and Kelly achieved back to back wins, I don’t see any reason Blake can’t win this season. 

I don't see a 'storyline' for Blake to win with Wendy they can sell, tbh. He just won with Cam, who is as different from him as Wendy, it's nothing we haven't seen in a while. I assume they're going to use Wendy to close the playoffs ensuring a good closer and then go all Katie Kadan on her with the song choices.

Just now, colemanftw said:

I don't see a 'storyline' for Blake to win with Wendy they can sell, tbh. He just won with Cam, who is as different from him as Wendy, it's nothing we haven't seen in a while. I assume they're going to use Wendy to close the playoffs ensuring a good closer and then go all Katie Kadan on her with the song choices.

The impending bus argument. OK. 

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

The trio has had good producer treatment and social media stats every round. They also seem to have local support.

While Wendy has numerous connections in the music industry, Martina McBride is the only one I've noticed posting about Wendy's journey on The Voice.

As others have said, Blake won last season with Cam. TPTB might feel it's time for Kelly to get another trophy, and they might also like for a group to win for the first time ever. Of course, they don't always end up with their desired outcome.

I'm guessing this round helped both of them to some degree, but there are still some negative comments about professional experience for Wendy and about group acts for GNT.

I think they are currently the top two, with GNT ahead. I don't expect either of them to falter in lives; however, another frontrunner could still emerge. Song assignment/choice, running order, etc. will also make a difference.

4 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Call me out if its wrong, its still early to make flop predictions

I’m still heartbroken by the whole "Anna Grace will emerge as Blake’s frontrunner and make the top 2" that you sold us last season so I have some trust issues 🥲 jk lmao

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

I’m still heartbroken by the whole "Anna Grace will emerge as Blake’s frontrunner and make the top 2" that you sold us last season so I have some trust issues 🥲 jk lmao

I love to make flop predictions, what can I say? Oh well, at least Cam won at least.

I also flopped with calling Avery to be Nick's frontrunner 💀

I promise, I'm more confident on Peedy's prediction though(watch he makes Top 2, RIP)

• Haha 2

Years ago, they used to try to shove the winner down our throats with early pimping, but it stopped working (Kennedy), so they they began to use more subtle tactics. If they want GNT to win, I’m a little surprised they’re doing it this way. I think the last time it worked was S12. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

Brynn, Chevel, Jake, and Todd have all gotten out of the contract. So can Wendy. Let’s be honest, they wouldn’t want her anyway. 

Besides, she might want the $100K 

• Like 1