When you root for a contestant, how important is their coach to you?

Dai

When you root for a contestant, how important is their coach to you?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• I only root for my favorite coach
    • It’s important, but l have to like the contestant
    • Not important, but I wouldn’t want to see a certain coach win 5 times in a row
    • I only care about the contestants

• Dai changed the title to When you root for a contestant, how important is their coach to you?

I wouldn't say it's that much important for me, but let's say that, for example, in Season 17, when Jake won, watching Kelly win as coach was the only thing that help me to not feel extremely dissapointed. So, yeah, that's it. Watching my favorite coaches win it's a guilty pleasure for me, no matter with which contestant they win.

That doesn't always happen, though. For example, i loved Alicia as a coach but i was extremely dissapointed when her contestant won over my snowflake (who, by the way, was in the team of a coach that i don't stan that much). So, it's a little complicated, it depends on my mood, honestly.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Per example, do you root for a Team Kelly’s contestant to win just because you want to see Kelly win, or you just support your actual favorite?

I have a tendency to like contestants on Kelly's team but my top snowflakes aren't necessarily always on her team. I tend to gravitate towards AA powerhouse divas (especially those singing soul music), indie pop singers, and pop artists in general, regardless of their team affiliation. That being said, watching my favorite coaches win is a guilty pleasure for me, no matter with which contestant they win. Although I wanted Katie to win S17, I was more than happy with Jake winning because (a) I actually liked Jake's run on the show and (b) my favourite coach won that season. 😅

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

For example, i loved Alicia as a coach but i was extremely disappointed when her contestant won over my snowflake (who, by the way, was in the team of a coach that i don't stan that much). 

This is not an invitation to start that dreadful debate. Please, I don't even want to see their names on this thread. That season was over 4 years ago. 🙄

Pass The Pride Just Stop GIF by Pepsi

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I wouldn't say it's that much important for me, but let's say that, for example, in S17, when Jake won, watching Kelly win as coach was the only thing that help me to not feel extremely disappointed. Watching my favorite coaches win it's a guilty pleasure for me, no matter with which contestant they win.

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

This is not an invitation to start that dreadful debate. Please, I don't even want to see their names on this thread. That season was over 4 years ago. 🙄

Pass The Pride Just Stop GIF by Pepsi

I didn't say any names though. And for a good reason 🙃

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Per example, do you root for a Team Kelly’s contestant to win just because you want to see Kelly win, or you just support your actual favorite?

If I ranked different finale scenarios in terms of personal satisfaction with the results, this is what it would be:

1. One of my top snowflakes win the season, regardless of their team affiliation. 😆
  2. If not one of my top snowflakes, one of my favourite coaches better win the season. That would make the results less disappointing. 😅
  3. If not my favourite coach, literally anyone but a generic country male artist on Team Blake 🥺
  4. Generic country male artist on Team Blake (please, for the love of God, no 😖)
Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

If I ranked different finale scenarios in terms of personal satisfaction with the results, this is what it would be:

1. One of my top snowflakes win the season, regardless of their team affiliation. 😆
  2. If not one of my top snowflakes, one of my favourite coaches better win the season. That would make the results less disappointing. 😅
  3. If not my favourite coach, literally anyone but a generic country male artist on Team Blake 🥺
  4. Generic country male artist on Team Blake (please, for the love of God, no 😖)

If I applied this formula to S18:

1. Thunderstorm or Toneisha winning S18 would've been ideal
  2. Kelly winning S18 with Micah would've been the next best thing.
  3. CammWess winning S18.
  4. Todd winning S18 😒

If I applied this formula to S19:

1. DeSz or Carter winning S19 would've been ideal (Kelly and Gwen are already my two favourite coaches from S19)
  2. John Holiday winning S19 would've been the next best thing.
  3. Jim/Ian winning S19 (Jim > Ian)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

TMV Answer: BLAKE IS THE BEST!!! HE IS A GOD AND WE ONLY SUPPORT WHO BLAKE SUPPORTS ON HIS TEAM!!! 😍🤠:spaz:

bow down adam levine GIF by The VoiceSheep Farm GIF by TLCPick Me Blake Shelton GIF by The Voice

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 3

I don't really care which coach they're with necessarily, but if the coach isn't known for, uh, coaching well or making good decisions then I might feel a bit nervous for the contestant's run just because I'm selfish and I want to hear more from them. However, if I really like them, I'll still follow their work post-the Voice anyway.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spurrious said:

The coach matters zero. 

Oh, I beg to differ.  The coach is very important.  They're the only reason I watch.  I don't even care two licks about the contestants after the season.  They're gone.  They're not coming back.  But the coaches are.  So I support them.