@jarmon - 12/20

@hayden98 - 15/20

@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@sublymonal - 19/20

@totes4totes - 19/20

@Elliott - 20/20

Zoey

Perfection! He absolutely killed this song and deserved his win. He won’t crack the top ten but that won’t stop me trying to bump up his performances overall.

Wally

What I enjoyed about some of Caleb's run was when and how he took some unexpected risks and would nail those songs, this performance of "Skyfall" being one of them. Who would have expected Caleb to tackle a big Adele song like this? And have it be one of his best performances? So insane. But yeah I do love this performance - as he brought the emotional connection, the big vocals, vocal range and challenged himself but made the song his own. I do like how softly he sings the start of the song in such a haunting vulnerable way. I love how he sings the chorus and powers through it, especially where he hits that big "skkyyyfaalllll" note towards the end! :omg: This is my 2nd favorite performance of Caleb's (after "Dazed & Confused"), and helped me to like him, so I am glad this made it through the voting round with a lot of votes!

Alex

Caleb felt a bit like a phony for me until this performance. This is the week where I started paying attention to Caleb and Jena as serious threats in the competition, and when they became my faves. This song choice was genius and he sung it brilliantly. Bravo!

Derek

unfortunately I thought this was awful. Kind of flat the whole time and also boring.

Andrew

I will say that this was an unexpected song choice from him and he sang it well but. He’s a sh*tty person so.

Megan

LOL NO.

9. Jessica Meuse "Jolene"

NVd09Va.png

9.43/20

Watch Here

@totes4totes - 1/20

@Steven_ - 4/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 4/20

@jarmon - 4/20

@QueenKalie - 5/20

@taylorkat - 5/20

@*Chris - 7/20

@goofycilla90 - 9/20

@FrogLenzen - 9/20

@*Diana - 9/20

@Crisis - 10/20

@Elliott - 11/20

@sublymonal - 11/20

@hayden98 - 11/20

@Solaris - 12/20

@*Amanda - 12/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 13/20

@Zoey - 13/20

@Alex95 - 14/20

@1234567890 - 16/20

@*Wallace - 18/20

Megan

I hope and anticipate that I am the only #1 for this.

Derek

imo this song doesn't work with this type of rock arrangement but it wasn't awful

Alex

I didn't expect to be one of the lower ones for this. I thought this performance was good, but not great. Can't say I agree with it in the top 10, but I'm not angry about it.

Wally

This isn't a Jessica performance I really remember that well. It's cool. It's good. But it doesn't really do much for me. It is kinda cool how she did this rock version of "Jolene" to make it suit her. Interesting arrangement but I can see it being polarizing to people. She sang it well. I do find myself kinda.... drifting off in the middle of this? I don't know but I guess I just want more dynamics from her in the middle? It was good.

8. Jena Irene "Unbreakable Me"

jHGjolE.png

9.38/20

Watch Here

@sublymonal - 3/20

@QueenKalie - 4/20

@goofycilla90 - 4/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 5/20

@1234567890 - 5/20

@FrogLenzen - 5/20

@Alex95 - 6/20

@Elliott - 7/20

@Solaris - 7/20

@jarmon - 7/20

@*Amanda - 8/20

@taylorkat - 11/20

@*Diana - 11/20

@totes4totes - 11/20

@*Chris - 12/20

@*Wallace - 12/20

@hayden98 - 13/20

@Crisis - 15/20

@Zoey - 16/20

@Steven_ - 17/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 18/20

Andrew

Such a killer performance of an original that got her into the finals and led to her joining Clay Aiken in the “only wildcard contestants to make the finale” club.

Derek

imperfect but interesting and had levels.

Alex

I'm Jena's gay ass brother losing his mind in the audience. But in all seriousness, this is a fantastic performance, she easily earned her spot as a finalist with this. I love Queena's underdog story and this was the start of many great things to come. The performance felt ridiculously short though...definitely held it back a bit for me.

Wally

I think "Unbreakable Me" was a game changing performance from Jena. Before then, she gave an underwhelming performance that didn't get her into the Top 5 Girls vote. But then she delivered this performance on the wildcard and made it through. This was Jena's original song, so she clearly connected perfectly well with what she was singing here. She played and sang the song beautifully and with a lot of passion. I do love how she belts out the song in parts, as well as singing those lower notes. It is annoying how short this was and I forgot about that too because I wanted so much more. :haha: We were robbed here! But at least Jena got to advance through after this, as she deserved to!

7. Jessica Meuse "The Crow & The Butterfly"

bJXCu4s.png

9.2/20

Watch Here

@*Chris - 2/20

@*Diana - 2/20

@totes4totes - 2/20

@Crisis - 3/20

@taylorkat - 3/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@Steven_ - 5/20

@Elliott - 6/20

@*Wallace - 6/20

@sublymonal - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 7/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 8/20

@Alex95 - 9/20

@Solaris - 10/20

@Zoey - 11/20

@jarmon - 13/20

@QueenKalie - 19/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 19/20

@goofycilla90 - 19/20

@1234567890 - 19/20

@hayden98 - 19/20

Wally

"The Crow & The Butterfly" is definitely my favorite performance from Jessica. And the funny thing about this was how I loved this performance when I didn't really like or care for her on the earlier part of the season. I did grow to like her a few weeks after, but also I maybe could have grown to love this performance overtime. I never heard this song before she sang it either. But I just love how she sang and performed this? I don't know but something just clicked for me. This was the main Jessica performance I was hoping the Jess stans would push through to the finals, so thanks to the duo who did so - which I think was Chris & Crisis? I do love the dark & haunting quality of the song, which really suits Jessica. She sounded great and gave some of her strongest vocals. She had that haunting quality in the opening verse. But I was kinda obsessed with the chorus of the song and how she sang it. She sang with so much angst, range and power there. :omg: That was probably my favorite singing ever from Jessica, well actually it was. Then I love how she sang the rest of the song. Since I think a Jessica performance will win, I am pulling for this one to win even though I think a different performance will win.

Derek

solid

Alex

I feel similar about this as I do "Unbreakable Me". It's a pretty flawless performance, in fact once upon a time it was my favorite Jess performance. But damn was that short! It barely felt a minute long...? Idk just as she was getting into it...it ended. Not Jess' fault at all, but obviously when I'm comparing performances, that bumps it down a bit. Still love this and wish Jess did more like this.

6. Jessica Meuse "Summertime Sadness"

5vv3sPd.png

9.0/20

Watch Here (21:02)

@Crisis - 2/20

@Weedy_Speedy - 2/20

@Steven_ - 3/20

@*Chris - 4/20

@Zoey - 4/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@jarmon - 5/20

@taylorkat - 6/20

@Solaris - 6/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@totes4totes - 8/20

@hayden98 - 8/20

@Elliott - 9/20

@JORDAN_FAN - 10/20

@sublymonal - 10/20

@QueenKalie - 12/20

@goofycilla90 - 15/20

@1234567890 - 17/20

@*Wallace - 17/20

@Alex95 - 18/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Wally

Jessica singing Lana Del Rey? It's a no from me, dawg. Lmao kidding... at least she sang one of the two Lana songs I like so yay for that, at least. :haha: This is another performance I didn't really pay much attention to from Jessica, but I do like it. It was kinda of a different side of her. She went for a more sultry side with how she delivered the performance.  She sang it well, connected well and it's a cool performance. It doesn't do a whole lot for me, but it's cool and I liked this.

Alex

Lol glad my fellow commenters are on my side here. I was shocked at how well this did, beating Crow & Butterfly?! Come on now! I didn't really like Jess' voice on this at all, specifically the bridge was awful. I like how Jess moved on the stage here and she looked very hot, especially since her stage presence can sometimes be lacking. But I'm so glad this missed out on top five.

Derek

this is my nightmare. why is she mimicking Lana's tone so much

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 13 - 10-6 Posted)

- Ooh I'm not too surprised that Caleb's Skyfall only managed to come in at 10th. I was hoping for 8th at the highest but figured he couldn't really compete with the Jess and Jena performances. :haha: Great performance and no regrets with my ranking.

- Not surprised with Jessica's Jolene ranking so well but well done to it.

- Good spot for Jena's Unbreakable Me to come in at. omg crying at Alex's opening comment. :haha:

- LMAO NOT MY FAVORITE Jessica performance showing up at #7 and missing the Top 5. :dead: I am such a flop this season! :wub: Loved this and was hoping this could have been a contender for a Jess performance but oh well. :haha:

- omgg "Summertime Sadness" out here beating out "The Crow & the Butterfly"? I don't get it,y'all. Lmaoo at me being the highest ranker of those that posted their comments here. Was NOT expecting that at all. :haha:

Oooh ok so 3 Jena performances vs. 2 Jessica performances? Did not expect this but I'm good with this. 😮

14 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

@FrogLenzen’s comments crack me up so much because I wonder if Derek ever likes an Idol performance. :dead:

11 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

True. :haha: Maybe he liked the earlier seasons and I just forgot? :dead:

He's a Haley Reinhart stan though. 😛 

...... And that's all I got from him. :haha: 

13 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I am an S13 truther! It is good! S14 is gonna be the real struggle (and then the ABC seasons lol…I may just sit out as a player and just host I still haven’t decided :dead:)

Aww understandable there. :haha: Ooof I got to think what I'm gonna do with the ABC seasons too. :haha: 

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

My 1-5 are all left. 💅💅💅

Leave it to be Season 13 where you completely get your way. :dead: Congrats though!