Bad performances that you actually enjoyed?

Dai

Mostly talking about performances which are objectively flawed vocally.

Here are mine:

Christiana Danielle’s Umbrella: This is a trainwreck (with an awful arrangement). But there’s one part which I really enjoy and had on repeat for a while (min 1:55), even if as a whole the performance is a disaster.

Darby Walker’s You Don’t Own Me: Fun fact: she dedicated this to her sister iirc :rofl:S11’s Top 11 week was tragic as someone pointed out in the Unpop thread, but this made the night more enjoyable to watch :haha: On a more serious note, her head voice is really nice.

Erin Martin’s Walk Like An Egyptian: Iconic :wub:

Edited by Daillon

Dave Fenley - Use Me: This guy had probably one of the biggest falls from frontrunner to straight out fodder, and this performance showed why. But at the same time, it was really entertaining, and I enjoyed his beatboxing. Name another country guy that would have taken a risk like this, and Dave deserved props for that.

Lauren Frihauf - "Come To My Window"

Anaya vs Chelle - "Scared to be Lonely"

Kat Hammock - "You're Still the One"

I loved all of these. I don't really know if they are objectively bad. But i remember Lauren's audition getting a lot of harsh criticism here. I personally loved her tone, it's very addictive to hear for me. Anaya and Chelle's battle was a mess, but i loved the power they both (specially Anaya) showcased. And with Kat, i was not in the forum at the time, but i think she was polarizing, i guess?? Idk,, but that particular performance, while loved by the YouTube audience, was very criticized harshly in Facebook and Twitter, but i personally, loved it. It give me chills and it's probably favorite live performance by her, along with "God Only Knows"

Another performance that i would add here is Jacquie Lee's Clarity

One of her worst performances, but i like that it somehow showcased the soft side of her voice. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Harmat said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4w46m_-_KMw

El buen amor de Britton Buchanan 

Probablemente mi actuación favorita que es vocalmente horrible. Realmente lo disfruté y lo volví a ver varias veces. 

SAME

S15: performances of Tyke James.
S14: blind of Alexa Capelli and Christiana Ain't No Sunshine 
S17: everything of Will and Stars of Marybeth

40 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Sí, no creo que Marybeth ni siquiera haya tenido un mal desempeño jajaja. 

bad performance no, messy performance yes, mostly at startup, the final was good FOR ME (it is said by someone who loved Marybeth from the blinds

Edited by pauwis

On 1/1/2021 at 12:20 PM, Daillon said:

Darby Walker’s You Don’t Own Me: Fun fact: she dedicated this to her sister iirc :rofl:S11’s Top 11 week was tragic as someone pointed out in the Unpop thread, but this made the night more enjoyable to watch :haha: On a more serious note, her head voice is really nice.

a comment on the YT video i found: "One of the worst performances ever possibly, sounds like a whale being slaughtered"

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

a comment on the YT video i found: "One of the worst performances ever possibly, sounds like a whale being slaughtered"

Can’t argue with that, but it’s one of those things where it’s so bad it’s actually good :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suddenly remembered Bria Kelly after talking about her on another thread, and after that, i thought that some of her performances definitely belongs on this thread too.

Poor girl, she couldn't never keep the level she reached on her excellent blind audition, but there is something about these performances that i really made me enjoy them (and unlike the ones in my other post, i admit these ones are actually really bad, especially the second one)