Bad performances that you actually enjoyed?

Dai

Ian Flanigan´s performance of "Angel" was not really bad per se, but he did have a number of pitch issues there and was definitely his weakest. That being said, his tone is undeniable, and the studio of it is gorgeous. I find myself listening to it often.

Edited by Misirlou

These are some of the bad performances on The Voice that I surprisingly enjoyed.

Morgan Frazier - Lips of an Angel

- this was a bus song but I liked her version of this song though it was not a good performance

Kim Cherry - Poison

- this was not good for the show but she is certainly not pitchy here

Gyth Rigdon - God Bless the USA

- overall this was his worst performance but I enjoyed the studio version of this performance.

Cassadee Pope - Payphone

- this might be her worst performance but I liked her tone. I can understand the pitch issues here because this song is difficult to cover and no one has ever dared cover this song again after her.

Chloe Kohanski - Wish I Didn't Love You

- unpopular opinion but I liked it when her voice cracked during the performance. 

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I think this thread is perfect for Brynn Stans. Just sayin' :P

the point of this was what exactly? to put down a hard-working teen girl who is trying to pursue a dream? it's really pathetic, i actually feel sorry for you and the fact that you used that as a discussion starter makes it even worse, no one was even talking about her. i hope at least you filled your hater little heart with a little joy 

• Confused 5

1 minute ago, teamjulia said:

the point of this was what exactly? to put down a hard-working teen girl who is trying to pursue a dream? it's really pathetic, i actually feel sorry for you and the fact that you used that as a discussion starter makes it even worse, no one was even talking about her. i hope at least you filled your hater little heart with a little joy 

Lol I do acknowledge she's a hard-working teen(Post-show). But some of her On-show performances were BIG TRAINWRECKS imo.

There are many people who go way too far with country singers by saying some serious rude things(GTFO, Pure Utter Garbage, Trash etc...) But I have never seen you condemning them. Why you're only picking me lol. 😂

59 minutes ago, teamjulia said:

This user isn't putting down Brynn, just saying that she had some bad performances, which can be true for many established artists as well. Everyone has the right to express their opinions on something. Calling a person's performance bad is very different from attacking the person themselves (THAT would be hating). If no one was allowed to express negative opinions, no one would get better. And also, why would Brynn care if people think badly of her performance on the Voice? She's moved on past the show and is pursuing her career outside of it.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, teamjulia said:

Can't wait to see you react to the S20's live episodes threads when the show starts. You might have to block the entire forum :haha:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I think this thread is perfect for Brynn Stans. Just sayin' :P

Hey, I didn’t think “Fix You” and “Skyfall” were bad. :unsure: I actually really enjoyed “Unstoppable” and “Walk My Way” despite the pitchiness. 🤷‍♂️ “What the World Needs Now Is Love” wasn’t terrible either. 

Edited by Bk1234

1 hour ago, teamjulia said:

Hey, I just have some advice from you, and this is coming from a Brynn stan. 🙂 You can't take every negative comment towards a contestants' performance as a personal attack to them. If you do, you're going to have to have an argument with practically every user on here (especially when the S20 live performances start like @Daillon mentioned.) This is a competition show, so contestants are open to constructive criticism (after all, if the judges won't do it, someone has to. :haha:) I have some controversial favorites on here and I've learned to kind of reel it back if it's constructive criticism. I do kind of get your hostility though. Some users on here take the criticism and attack the contestant personally, which is where I draw the line. :/ For example, Carter got some very personal hate after winning and throughout his run, and that's not cool. :no: I do think @Jordan Smith Fan could have worded it better to make it less of a mock, but to take it as a personal attack on the contestant is just wrong. 

2 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Lol I do acknowledge she's a hard-working teen(Post-show).

That's a little rude though imo. I'm sure she worked very hard during her run on the show. :yes:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, teamjulia said:

Criticism  Attacking the contestants.

While I do agree that sometimes a few people here go too far with certain comments, this thread is used to discuss the performances of the contestants, and obviously not everyone is going to like everything. That´s why opinions exist. 

I´m myself am not a Brynn fan, and I agree that most of her performances on the show were pitchy, but that is in no way a personal attack to her. She won because people liked her, so my differing opinion of that is not going to end her career or anything. I wish her the best.

If you think there´s attacks here, go to Mjsblog and watch the discussions over there, a lot of the commenters cross the line much more frecuently than here.

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Hey, I didn’t think “Fix You” and “Skyfall” were bad. :unsure: I actually really enjoyed “Unstoppable” and “Walk My Way” despite the pitchiness. 🤷‍♂️ “What the World Needs Now Is Love” wasn’t terrible either. 

I think Skyfall was good. I'm not saying all of her performances were trainwrecks. I'm saying some of her performances were.

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This was a bad performance? :haha: I loved her finale performances. :wub: 

I liked it as well but I can see where they are coming from. Her voice was clearly shot (starting with her semis performance). Probably the reason why I thought Addison would win.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I think Skyfall was good. I'm not saying all of her performances were trainwrecks. I'm saying some of her performances were.

I thought none of them were trainwrecks. :P

21 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I liked it as well but I can see where they are coming from. Her voice was clearly shot (starting with her semis performance). Probably the reason why I thought Addison would win.

I thought Addison deserved to win after finale night, but Chloe was still solid and deserving of the win.

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The finale was Chloe´s weakest night in my opinion, and I´m sure I´m not alone in this. She already had done what she needed to do to win, so it didn´t matter.

I thought “Thank You” was her weakest performance. 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I thought none of them were trainwrecks. :P

I thought Addison deserved to win after finale night, but Chloe was still solid and deserving of the win.

I thought “Thank You” was her weakest performance. 🤷‍♂️ 

She basically had two good performances. :P But those two were very, very good. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1