Bad performances that you actually enjoyed?

Dai

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Oh, I disagree then as I loved “The Chain,” “Landslide,” “Total Eclipse of the Heart,” and “Call Me.” Overall, I preferred Addison’s run though. 🙂

The two I was referring to are in your list. 

I preferred Addison too, but I have to admit, I’ve grown less fond of her run over the past few years. She might be the most overrated contestant ever, and it pains me to say that. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I preferred Addison too, but I have to admit, I’ve grown less fond of her run over the past few years. She might be the most overrated contestant ever, and it pains me to say that. 

Ok, that’s good at least. :thumbs: Oh really that’s ironic as I feel that Addison’s run is one that never gets old for me. 😅 I am always captivated by her performances, regardless of how many times I’ve watched them. 

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

This was a bad performance? :haha: I loved her finale performances. :wub: 

I love all of her performances especially this song but it appeared like her voice had worn out during the performance. Maybe because of the week after week rehearsals for five straight live shows with semifinals and finale having multiple performances. I still enjoyed that original sing though and I consider her as my favorite Voice winner.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I thought “Thank You” was her weakest performance. 🤷‍♂️ 

It wasn´t her best, but I found it better than her finale. Her voice was clearly shot there.

I loved to see her win based on her incredible KO, Top 11 and Top 10 performances, but honestly I´d  go as far to say she had the weakest night out of the 4 on the finale. Yes, I´m counting Red in.

Just now, Dalton Eduardo said:

I love all of her performances especially this song but it appeared like her voice had worn out during the performance. Maybe because of the week after week rehearsals for five straight live shows with semifinals and finale having multiple performances. I still enjoyed that original sing though and I consider her as my favorite Voice winner.

That’s true, but I personally didn’t mind or notice the change. 😅 She’s definitely one of my favorite Voice US winners though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

It wasn´t her best, but I found it better than her finale. Her voice was clearly shot there.

I loved to see her win based on her incredible KO, Top 11 and Top 10 performances, but honestly I´d  go as far to say she had the weakest night out of the 4 on the finale. Yes, I´m counting Red in.

I guess we’ll have to just agree to disagree on that. 😅 

I would say she was better than Red, but maybe that was just from my disappointment at Noah not making the finale.

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

This has happened to me as well (I wouldn’t go as far as to call her the most overrated tho) not only with Addison but with S13 as a whole. 

Looking back at it it’s just not as good as I thought it was. It’s still the best season since TV went double digits though.

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ok, that’s good at least. :thumbs: Oh really that’s ironic as I feel that Addison’s run is one that never gets old for me. 😅 I am always captivated by her performances, regardless of how many times I’ve watched them. 

It doesn’t help that she delayed releasing an album for two years, without explanation, then over a year ago, raised $30K from her fans to record an album, and hasn’t given so much as an update on what’s going on with that. I’ve lost a lot of respect for her, because of it. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

It doesn’t help that she delayed releasing an album for two years, without explanation, then over a year ago, raised $30K from her fans to record an album, and hasn’t given so much as an update on what’s going on with that. I’ve lost a lot of respect for her, because of it. 

Yeah, I honestly feel bad for the people who donated. As of right now, it looks like it just went to waste. :no:

Well, getting a little bit back on topic, Noah Mac´s "Ordinary World" comes to mind. It was by far his weakest showing (not counting his IS), but I have to commend his creativity, especially considering the circustances he was in. He had to learn the song and create an arrangement in 2 hours.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Well, getting a little bit back on topic, Noah Mac´s "Ordinary World" comes to mind. It was by far his weakest showing (not counting his IS), but I have to commend his creativity, especially considering the circustances he was in. He had to learn the song and create an arrangement in 2 hours.

I didn’t mind the performance. :unsure:

I do think Landslide and TEOTH were Chloe's best but these two weren't her only two good performances. I like Addison a bit more than Chloe(but that's subjective). Chloe had a rough finale but Addison's HAK was not good as well. 

Btw Chloe was the winner before the finale that's why Tennessee Rain failed to give Addison the win(even if it was the performance of the night).

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I do think Landslide and TEOTH were Chloe's best but these two weren't her only two good performances. I like Addison a bit more than Chloe(but that's subjective). Chloe had a rough finale but Addison's HAK was not good as well. 

Btw Chloe was the winner before the finale that's why Tennessee Rain failed to give Addison the win(even if it was the performance of the night).

I actually really liked “Humble and Kind,” so Addison was definitely my pick to win after that and “Tennessee Rain.” 😁

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Omg!!! I thought you were referring to Brynn. lololololol

Brynn had some rough spots, but her battle and KO were very good, and a few of the live performances were fine too. She was as least as consistent as two of the other finalists, and the one who so many thought should have won was also beaten by Britton. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Brynn had some rough spots, but her battle and KO were very good, and a few of the live performances were fine too. She was as least as consistent as two of the other finalists, and the one who so many thought should have won was also beaten by Britton. 

Her Battle, KO, and Finale night all were great performances. But other than that she had some bad performances too. Kyla was a bit inconsistent too but she was at least less inconsistent than Brynn. Just sayin'. 🤭

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Her Battle, KO, and Finale night all were great performances. But other than that she had some bad performances too. Kyla was a bit inconsistent too but she was at least less inconsistent than Brynn. Just sayin'. 🤭

“Fix You” was also really good imo. 😌

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

And....?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Even as an Addison stan and truly believing she should have won. I thought Chloe did an excellent job in her overall run besides vocally in "Thank You" and "Betta Davis Eyes" which were still bops that I repeat on some occasion. Her tone was really cool and produce a new-wave/rocker vibe with "The Chain" "Total Eclipse" "Call Me"(This got me on my feet tbh, like Chloe you get em sis) I also really loved her original "Wish I Didn't Love You" idk why some others didn't like it.

And of course like mentioned, she produced 2 iconic performances in her run that no one could compete in their rounds "Landslide" and "Total Eclipse" stole the nights IMO. 

Despite Chloe's flaws, you can see why she won and even with minivan not taking kindly to her, she had enough of the old-aged people who liked her takes on the classics she sang.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Even as an Addison stan and truly believing she should have won. I thought Chloe did an excellent job in her overall run besides vocally in "Thank You" and "Betta Davis Eyes" which were still bops that I repeat on some occasion. Her tone was really cool and produce a new-wave/rocker vibe with "The Chain" "Total Eclipse" "Call Me"(This got me on my feet tbh, like Chloe you get em sis) I also really loved her original "Wish I Didn't Love You" idk why some others didn't like it.

And of course like mentioned, she produced 2 iconic performances in her run that no one could compete in their rounds "Landslide" and "Total Eclipse" stole the nights IMO. 

Despite Chloe's flaws, you can see why she won and even with minivan not taking kindly to her, she had enough of the old-aged people who liked her takes on the classics she sang.

you pretty much said it for me. although im a diehard addison fan, i can't deny that chloe had some amazing performances. i haven't listened to most of them that much, but landslide speaks for itself imo

funny that brynn was being discussed, as i was thinking just today about how i loved her performance of "unstoppable" even though everyone dislikes it lmao. i in general don't have a very good ear for pitch so that might be part of it, so i wouldn't call it bad but i think that the general consensus is that it was.

32 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

you pretty much said it for me. although im a diehard addison fan, i can't deny that chloe had some amazing performances. i haven't listened to most of them that much, but landslide speaks for itself imo

funny that brynn was being discussed, as i was thinking just today about how i loved her performance of "unstoppable" even though everyone dislikes it lmao. i in general don't have a very good ear for pitch so that might be part of it, so i wouldn't call it bad but i think that the general consensus is that it was.

The first 3/4 of the performance was fine. It’s just that she went for some unnecessary big notes at the end, and it got away from her a little. She described how they were all rushed out there to get 24 performances plus results crammed into 2 hours. Not a good formula for a successful first live show. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

The first 3/4 of the performance was fine. It’s just that she went for some unnecessary big notes at the end, and it got away from her a little. She described how they were all rushed out there to get 24 performances plus results crammed into 2 hours. Not a good formula for a successful first live show. 

yup, just relistened to it, and the two notes where she incrementally goes up in her range sounded not as pitch perfect as the other parts. however, i definitely wouldn't say it was that bad.