Bad performances that you actually enjoyed?

Dai

21 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Even as an Addison stan and truly believing she should have won. I thought Chloe did an excellent job in her overall run besides vocally in "Thank You" and "Betta Davis Eyes" which were still bops that I repeat on some occasion. Her tone was really cool and produce a new-wave/rocker vibe with "The Chain" "Total Eclipse" "Call Me"(This got me on my feet tbh, like Chloe you get em sis) I also really loved her original "Wish I Didn't Love You" idk why some others didn't like it.

And of course like mentioned, she produced 2 iconic performances in her run that no one could compete in their rounds "Landslide" and "Total Eclipse" stole the nights IMO. 

Despite Chloe's flaws, you can see why she won and even with minivan not taking kindly to her, she had enough of the old-aged people who liked her takes on the classics she sang.

I liked her original studio but her performance of it was probably her worst performance of the whole season

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Rowan Grace - i love you

The whole performance was really shaky, but there are some elements I really enjoy too, mostly her tone. totally not abusing my position as a rowan stan :P

Edited by Ottoxxx
  • Like 2

I sometimes have a soft spot for those no chair blind auditions with potential, but just clearly chose the wrong song. Like KoKo this past season, yeah it was messy, but I still found parts to enjoy about it.

Also on Hello Sunday’s performances, the 2 I didn’t like were the BA (This is Me) and POs (Hello). The rest I liked :ph34rwave:

EDIT: Oh, I also really enjoyed Shalyah's whole run (not all her performances were bad, but definitely quite a few problems from a technical standpoint, even I could hear it but I enjoyed them anyway)

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nytsch said:

Also on Hello Sunday’s performances, the 2 I didn’t like were the BA (This is Me) and POs (Hello). The rest I liked :ph34rwave:

EDIT: Oh, I also really enjoyed Shalyah's whole run (not all her performances were bad, but definitely quite a few problems from a technical standpoint, even I could hear it but I enjoyed them anyway)

yeah same vibes w/ Hello Sunday. agree that those two had pretty glaring problems iirc, but the others I enjoyed even though there were technical issues. i feel like the fact that there were pitch issues sometimes made people not notice / pay attention to how insane of a singer Myla is. and Chelsea was really great on the soft parts (problem is, the arrangements often had her doing stuff that was too big for her voice)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be specific, since I'm rewatching some S17 performances rn...

Hello Sunday - Stone Cold

From a technical standpoint I really think you can call this a bad performance, not just one with a few problems. I didn't like the parts where they sang together, but I did like the individual parts. I know there were a lot of problems in the solos too, but idk I was okay with it. I guess I like screechy vocals sometimes lol.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 12:53 PM, Gustavo527 said:

Lauren Frihauf - "Come To My Window"

Anaya vs Chelle - "Scared to be Lonely"

Kat Hammock - "You're Still the One"

I loved all of these. I don't really know if they are objectively bad. But i remember Lauren's audition getting a lot of harsh criticism here. I personally loved her tone, it's very addictive to hear for me. Anaya and Chelle's battle was a mess, but i loved the power they both (specially Anaya) showcased. And with Kat, i was not in the forum at the time, but i think she was polarizing, i guess?? Idk,, but that particular performance, while loved by the YouTube audience, was very criticized harshly in Facebook and Twitter, but i personally, loved it. It give me chills and it's probably favorite live performance by her, along with "God Only Knows"

Another performance that i would add here is Jacquie Lee's Clarity

One of her worst performances, but i like that it somehow showcased the soft side of her voice. 

Lauren Frihauf remains criminally underrated here!!! like this blind audition is probably one of my favorites of the recent seasons... she's SO good !!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I found this performance entertainingly bad (I don’t usually enjoy performances if I consider bad, but this was an exception for me). Definitely the video of this too, you’re going to get a laugh

I don't feel anything wrong with that performance... until when his voice turned into Toad lol :haha: I'm dyingggg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

I found this performance entertainingly bad (I don’t usually enjoy performances if I consider bad, but this was an exception for me). Definitely the video of this too, you’re going to get a laugh

i think this is good 👀 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

a let down after her excellent Playoffs week, but i still liked it 

Weak performance, but still somehow enjoyable. I wish she would have made it farther but she was clearly not ready. 

This was a very fun mess:haha:. (To be fair, whole Ryleigh's run on the show was a fun mess)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Btw, why is this thread abandoned? C'mon, there are performances from your favorites that belong here and you know it :giggle::P

“Bad performances the you actually enjoyed.”

I’m sure I could up with some bad performances from my favorites, but I didn’t actually enjoy them, and I don’t really want to call them out more that I already have. :haha:

Edited by TeamAudra

7 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

a let down after her excellent Playoffs week, but i still liked it 

Weak performance, but still somehow enjoyable. I wish she would have made it farther but she was clearly not ready. 

This was a very fun mess:haha:. (To be fair, whole Ryleigh's run on the show was a fun mess)

That wasn’t even a bad performance from Hailey. I think a couple times the band was too loud, or she didn’t have the mic close enough to her mouth, and in general, it was a boring song choice. But, she hit every note on pitch. There’s only so much she could do with it. 

The one of hers that I think isn’t as bad as people think is “Deja Vu.” It probably wasn’t the best choice for a competition, but it was an attempt to be current, and show that she can do that type of performance. Props to her for trying it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Bad performances the you actually enjoyed.”

I’m sure I could could up with some bad performances from my favorites, but I didn’t actually enjoy them, and I don’t really want to call them out more that I already have. :haha:

Yeah, but i have seen people claiming that they enjoy performances by their favs that were... Not that great. Nothing wrong with that, but there are times when I don't want to admit that a performance that i liked was bad. I wonder if that's the case with some people here.

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, but i have seen people claiming that they enjoy performances by their favs that were... Not that great. Nothing wrong with that, but there are times when I don't want to admit that a performance that i liked was bad. I wonder if that's the case with some people here.

That’s very true. 

My list of favorites over the years who didn’t have at least one bad performance is short (almost all teenagers, honestly). Granted, if they sing it well, and stay on pitch, I can’t call it “bad,” just because I don’t like the song choice, or their stage presence. Some people invent reasons to call a performance bad. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1