41 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Tamara Jade (Team Legend)
    • Marisa Corvo (Team Kelly)
    • Taryn Papa (Team Blake)
    • Kelsie Watts (Team Kelly)
    • Casme (Team Legend)
    • DesZ (Team Kelly)

I don't think Desz's best asset is belting tbh, I mean I love how controlled she is, but the best thing about her is her rich tone and runs. 

Anyways, in terms of belting, kudos to Kelsie, she surprised me. I super love that last whistle note at the end, ugh what a slayage.

Taryn comes next to me because I love that power behind her belts, but she have been banzilla'd so I cannot hear properly her belt (just please do not let it happen again TBTP on the future rounds). I also notice some pitch issues when she goes high (not sure if it is the right term, but what I am telling is that her belts aren't that polished during her BA)

• Like 5

As @anonymouskid_35 said Desz is not one of he best belters this season. She is just like Toneisha who don't belt tha high only uses a bit range in some parts.. Anyways I picked Marisa because I really loved how she connects even in belting range. Taryn on the other hand is a better vocalist but she didn't show her true range in her audition so I had to pick Marisa as I was Judging based on what they've done on the show.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Given the title of the thread, shouldn't you include the male belters too? 

But anyway, voted for Taryn, but I really like Kelsie too :wub:

This is IDF, so of course they're gonna ignore/disparage the male singers as much as they can. 🙄

Belting is not a style of singing per se, it's singing at the very top of your chest voice without breaking, so literally everyone in the cast is a belter at one point. But to answer the question, I definitely would vote for Kelsie, I enjoyed her belting the most out of the choices. 

As for the guys, it's an obvious answer but I love Sid's belting, it's surprisingly powerful and cuts through so nicely.

• Like 2

Taryn is probably the best belter from this list, but Kelsie, Sid and DeSz are also really good. The poll asked for a favorite so I voted for DeSz bc her audition is my favorite from all the options.

Edited by Daillon

3 hours ago, antikid said:

I meant to name it favorite female powerhouse but just wanted to make it shorter and that way excluded males. My apologies

Also most people on here like Sid the best so that's why I thought this was a more interesting discussion

LOL, no need to apologize. My comment was made at the expense of IDF's female bias in general, I'm not singling you out or anything. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Clearly Taryn. The big note at the end of the battle was an F6, btw. 

Yep it was an F6 and the impressive thing about it was that she even added vibrato to it. I think now I would also go with Taryn I went with Marisa before because I was just basing it off of auditions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yep it was an F6 and the impressive thing about it was that she even added vibrato to it. I think now I would also go with Taryn I went with Marisa before because I was just basing it off of auditions.

I looked back through her fan thread. I had her range pegged at F3-F6 a couple months ago, just based off videos online and social media, and that’s exactly her range in the battle. Maybe she can go a little lower and higher? Probably. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I looked back through her fan thread. I had her range pegged at F3-F6 a couple months ago, just based off videos online and social media, and that’s exactly her range in the battle. Maybe she can go a little lower and higher? Probably. 

I do think she can go a bit higher and lower than that.

Btw now I think she has the best chance of advancing in the 4-way KO. I mean a very strong country vocalist who can not only sing nicely and pleasantly in the 4th octave but can also destroy those high pitched 6th octave notes and on top of that she is on TEAM BLAKE.

• Like 1