The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Interesting... I looked on Wikipedia and see who turned the most and who didn't turn the most..

Blake didn’t turn for 20 contestants/artists.

Kelly didn’t turn for 17 contestants/artists.

John didn’t turn for 16 contestants/artists.

Nick didn’t turn for 14 contestants/artists.

Blake being the pickiest? That's new.....(to be fair he did fill up 9 before Nick even had 6 artists and yet he turned for Raine, Zae and Denisha).. Also I realized that Nick's first 3 contestants made up his post-KO team, along with Jose - his fifth contestant even though Lindsay was robbed

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

I would agree but with the whole pandemic in mind, the safety protocols they have to endure only to step 5 seconds on stage... (Larriah, Julia) 

And Ryan... oh wait, he didn't endure any safety protocols :haha:

• Haha 3

Also on Zae´s IG story (apart from that peculiar request lol), he filmed a video and Deion can be heard performing "Shallow" in his blind. He sounded identical to what was aired by the way in that snippet. No tuning or touches seems like. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also on Zae´s IG story (apart from that peculiar request lol), he filmed a video and Deion can be heard performing "Shallow" in his blind. He sounded identical to what was aired by the way in that snippet. No tuning or touches seems like. 

I find Ciana just sitting there unbothered so funny lmao, I'd think that they'd be listening or getting prepared or something, but TBF if I were in that situation, I would probably be trying to pass the time by using my phone too lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

Blake being the pickiest? That's new.....(to be fair he did fill up 9 before Nick even had 6 artists and yet he turned for Raine, Zae and Denisha).. Also I realized that Nick's first 3 contestants made up his post-KO team, along with Jose - his fifth contestant even though Lindsay was robbed

yeah, I don't think Blake was trying to be picky per se...but the season was also very r&b heavy, which he doesn't turn for as often + promise to Cam. John actually filled first, and then Blake right after, so there were 5 or so contestants they couldn't turn for. 

Halley posted something about making sure to tune in on Monday. If it was another contestant, I wouldn't have paid much mind to it, but Halley barely posts, (she didn't even post anything in the few days leading up to the battles premiere) so hopefully this means we get to see Gihanna vs Halley on the next episode!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNN1ThpM2kx/?igshid=1pgpxj8o2i8jm

Edited by FloorWax
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Halley posted something about making sure to tune in on Monday. If it was another contestant, I wouldn't have paid much mind to it, but Halley barely posts, (she didn't even post anything in the few days leading up to the battles premiere) so hopefully this means we get to see Gihanna vs Halley on the next episode!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNN1ThpM2kx/?igshid=1pgpxj8o2i8jm

Yeah we’re definitely seeing Gihanna/Halley Monday. Gihanna used the same language she did for her blind airdate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Regarding the 4-way KO, I agree with @Daillon that the audience isn't as shallow as we think, and they still have the capacity to reward a great performance. However, it's not like that country bias is going away, so I'm placing equal chances for Emma and Savanna to take it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Current guess for Monday:

K: Corey vs Savanna (save)

K: Gihanna vs Halley

J: Zania vs Durell

N: Zae vs Lindsay

B: Keegan vs Jordan (steal)

B: Cam vs Emma (save)

Yeah this is pretty much locked in. The only alternative is Zae/Lindsay being replaced by Rachel/Bradley, but if the coaches supposedly expressed they were disappointed in having no steals left, then they might save that for the last episode instead (even though it'd still make it seem like Blake had a steal at the time).

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah this is pretty much locked in. The only alternative is Zae/Lindsay being replaced by Rachel/Bradley, but if the coaches supposedly expressed they were disappointed in having no steals left, then they might save that for the last episode instead (even though it'd still make it seem like Blake had a steal at the time).

Yeah. I´m also pretty much pinpointing Anna/Ainae and Ciana/Denisha as the montages (unless they are featured on Monday´s promo). If Gihanna really got good reviews during her battle (comparisons to Beyoncé), and they are airing that, they might want to give her a push as well.

33 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So, next week we´ll probably have:

K: Kenzie vs JD

J: Carolina vs Rio (save)
N: Bradley vs Rachel

B: Pete vs Savanna

J: Ciana vs Denisha (montage)
J: Victor vs Deion (montage)

K: Anna vs Ainae 

N: Raine vs Andrew (steal)

If there are 3 Team Legend battles on the last episode, then it's possible for them to only air one of those battles (i.e. Rio/Carolina) while montage the other two, kinda like this back-to-back Team Kelly montage from S17:

Edited by disney1024
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

If there are 3 Team Legend battles on the last episode, then it's possible for them to only air one of those battles (i.e. Rio/Carolina) while montage the other two, kinda like this back-to-back Team Kelly montage from S17:

The difference is that that season there were other montages. If they would’ve only needed to montage 2 battles, I doubt it would’ve been these two.

ps this video still hurts, not my two favs getting eliminated in a less than a minute video like girl 💀 

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, David68 said:

Has anybody noted Misirlou's passing of Bk and Disney in post amount? As well as QueenCami's passing of jus.vshn.

Me and BK were busy in March with the The Voice All-Stars season (starts next Tuesday; see the link in my signature 😜) so we were both posting relatively less on this thread. I think that gave @Misirlou plenty of time to catch up and surpass us in the # of posts. 🧐

Also, yes, I'll take any opportunity I get to promote/advertise the Voice All-Stars season. 😜

Edited by disney1024
  • Haha 4

For the record, being featured in a promo, even a long promo on Youtube, doesn't guarantee you avoid a montage. It just means you air. Montaged/shortclipped contestants have been shown in the commercials, even more than people who get shown in full. Throwback to season 11 when they played 3 seconds of Sophia Urista's KO performance with audio and everything... and it turned out to be pretty much just those 3 seconds that we'd get.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

For the record, being featured in a promo, even a long promo on Youtube, doesn't guarantee you avoid a montage. It just means you air. Montaged/shortclipped contestants have been showed in the commercials, even more than people who get shown in full. Throwback to season 11 when they played 3 seconds of Sophia Urista's KO performance with audio and everything... and it turned out to be pretty much just those 3 seconds that we'd get.

Also the thing is, given the innacurate order of the pairings lineup video last week, we might not know who will be montaged until the actual episode airs.

• Like 2