The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, pauwis said:

Two saves. I would have used them on other artists.
Prediction: I'll only agree with Kelly's save (hopefully I'm wrong

I think Devan was justifiable. Can't call it deserved per se for me until I see Bradley/Rachel and probably Zae/Lindsay, but I can understand why Nick did it. 

On the other hand, I wouldnt have saved Emma. She's got a pretty tone, but is very stiff on stage and overall super green. This probably has more to do with Cam outshining her so much, but still. Aaron is still my first pick. We'll see about Savanna C after her battle airs. (Apparently she was better than Emma).

I think I'll agree with Savanna given that I love her blind and depending how the battle goes.

Carolina is not my cup of tea at all, so not sure if I'll agree, but I'm open to a surprise.

• Like 1

Devan and Emma were both deserving of their save. Are there others that may have been more deserving? Sure, but the coaches saw something in them that warranted that save. That alone is enough to make them deserving of it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Devan and Emma were both deserving of their save. Are there others that may have been more deserving? Sure, but the coaches saw something in them that warranted that save. That alone is enough to make them deserving of it.

this up here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah. I personally wouldn´t have saved her, but I can see why someone would like to bring out the potential in there, because there definitely is.

However, I don´t think she should have been thrown into such a high pressure situation like the 4 way KO if nerves and stiffness are her issues. I´d say if you want to get her out her shell, pair her against a weaker opponent and keep coaching her.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

However, I don´t think she should have been thrown into such a high pressure situation like the 4 way KO if nerves and stiffness are her issues. I´d say if you want to get her out her shell, pair her against a weaker opponent and keep coaching her.

That’s the tricky thing though. I think Blake would’ve saved the loser of his first battle, regardless of who they were, as long as they were decent. Emma was good and got in that lucky early spot, so she got the save. I doubt Blake was thinking about how she would fare in the 4WKO when saving her. 

Edited by Bk1234

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Definitely. Larriah was very young but very strong too, but I don't get why they keep throwing the most nervous ones into the 4-way

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016

I’m conflicted about the 4WKO. The only thing I’m confident on is whoever wins it is fodder anyways.

I would say Savanna will win it because she had the best performance according to the sources iirc (and the best performance winning has been a trend in these 4WKOs, if we assume Ryan would have won) but Team Blake exists and I haven’t had any luck with my faves these last few seasons.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s the tricky thing though. I think Blake would’ve saved the loser of his first battle, regardless of who they were, as long as they were decent. Emma was good and got in that lucky early spot, so she got the save. I doubt Blake was thinking about how she would fare in the 4WKO when saving her. 

Yeah, I think that while Blake is careful with his steal, on the other hands he gives his save to the first person he hears. 

3 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Definitely. Larriah was very young but very strong too, but I don't get why they keep throwing the most nervous ones into the 4-way

Agreed. Not neccesarily the young ones though, because I think Carter for example would have come out of it fine, but rather the artists you can tell are more prone to nerves.

Of course nerves can jump out at any moment on anyone, it´s just a matter of choosing who do think is the "least likely" . I think Todd Michael Hall, with decades of experience and a huge range, was a perfect choice for the 4 way KO, and had he actually gotten a song in his lane (I´m still mad at TPTB for this), he could have very well won it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I would say Savanna will win it because she had the best performance according to the sources iirc (and the best performance winning has been a trend in these 4WKOs, if we assume Ryan would have won) but Team Blake exists and I haven’t had any luck with my faves these last few seasons.

I heard her audition wasn’t too well-received on Facebook though. Maybe Facebook will like her 4WKO performance better? 🤔 

• Like 1

Just now, Daillon said:

I would say Savanna will win it because she had the best performance according to the sources iirc

The best performance means nothing if the main demographic (who are complete losers btw) hates your tone and your voice. :duh:

Emma has the Team Blake advantage and I think Carolina did well with the Demi song. I think it will be either of those two. If Emma wins it, she's probably DOA in the POs unless she gets the country votes but no country female has done well on The Voice since Chevel. Carolina is a talented teenage pop singer (who doesn't sing in Spanish on the show) so she could be a threat to Team Legend if she wins the 4WKO. 🤔

• Like 1

Just now, disney1024 said:

The best performance means nothing if the main demographic (who are complete losers btw) hates your tone and your voice. :duh:

Emma has the Team Blake advantage and I think Carolina did well with the Demi song. I think it will be either of those two. If Emma wins it, she's probably DOA in the POs unless she gets the country votes but no country female has done well on The Voice since Chevel. Carolina is a talented teenage pop singer (who doesn't sing in Spanish on the show) so she could be a threat to Team Legend if she wins the 4WKO. 🤔

This is what I'm about to say. 😂

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I heard her audition wasn’t too well-received on Facebook though. Maybe Facebook will like her 4WKO performance better? 🤔 

It wasn't her audition that wasn't well-received. It was her tone and her voice. People on Minivan hated how much rasp her voice had and said that it was like she smoked too many cigarettes or something. I find it ironic, since they loved Ian Flanigan last season. :duh:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I don´t know honestly. Minivan is not a fan of her rasp, and if "Zombie" was raspy, imagine "Black Hole Sun". 

I hope I´m wrong though. Because while I´m trying not to overhype people now (Even though I loved her blind), I actually have high expectations for that performance, solely because of the song. 

Just now, disney1024 said:

It wasn't her audition that wasn't well-received. It was her tone and her voice. People on Minivan hated how much rasp her voice had and said that it was like she smoked too many cigarettes or something. I find it ironic, since they loved Ian Flanigan last season. :duh:

Well I think it only applies to Boys coz most of Minivan are girls iinm.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

People think hers is too forced, which I disagree honestly, but I can see where they are coming from with Ian because his appeared to be coming a bit more naturally. (I personally love his tone as well)

But that´s rock, people. Rasp is a part of it. Savanna has it. She´s the real deal.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 4

Just now, Misirlou said:

People think hers is too forced, which I disagree honestly, whereas I can see where they are coming from with Ian because his appeared to be coming a bit more naturally. (I personally love his tone as well)

But that´s rock, people. Rasp is a part of it. Savanna has it. She´s the real deal.

For a women's perspective rasp for a guy is hot while if it is a girl?? Idk

Just now, Misirlou said:

People think hers is too forced, which I disagree honestly, whereas I can see where they are coming from with Ian because his appeared to be coming a bit more naturally. (I personally love his tone as well)

I'm going to be honest: Savanna's tone is the only reason why I love her audition so much. She SLAYED that song! 😍

I don’t think the audience is as shallow as some of you seem to imply. No one would have guessed Sharane and Rayshun as PVs from Team Adam back in S14, but they had the best performances from their team and they were rewarded for them.

Plus, SM is not the most accurate source imo. It’s the only thing we have to speculate, but that doesn’t mean it’s accurate.

In conclusion, I wouldn’t count anyone out yet, not even Devan lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

It wasn't her audition that wasn't well-received. It was her tone and her voice. People on Minivan hated how much rasp her voice had and said that it was like she smoked too many cigarettes or something.

Yeah, that’s what I meant. I doubt she’s going to get rid of that rasp for her 4WKO performance, so she could be in trouble.

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

For a women's perspective rasp for a guy is hot while if it is a girl?? Idk

Ian sang monotonally, which is why nobody accused his rasp of being forced, whereas Savanna went hard with it, hence the criticism. Chloe´s rasp was actually liked by Minivan, but she didn´t go as hard with it in the entirety of the show as Savanna did in her audition.

Again, I don´t agree with said criticism for her. Rock is supposed to go hard, she has every right to be intense with the rasp.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

People think hers is too forced, which I disagree honestly, but I can see where they are coming from with Ian because his appeared to be coming a bit more naturally. (I personally love his tone as well)

Yeah, I see where they're coming from, but artificial or real, Savanna's rasp is really cool, I love it (and this is coming from someone who also liked Ian last season)

28 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yes! Just because there are other great artists doesn't mean that a steal/save isn't deserving. Plus, it could have been strategic if a coach didn't think any of their steals/saves would win so they decided to work with someone they thought could most benefit from extra time on the show.

• Like 2