The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

12 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It's interesting to be one of the "sources". Even for me, sometimes when I hear it back on TV it's different then my initial impression, sometimes better, sometimes worse. Keep in mind that in the tapings a) none of us (at least not me) are trained vocal critics b) the tapings are looooooonnng c) you can't re-listen, so the opinions are very much snapshots d) you're hearing a number of different people sing and mostly e) the sources are people, and therefore are of course bringing their own biases. 

Yeah, just one listen in a long taping can be easily forgotten. Not to mention several performances can grow on a person with more listenings, so perhaps the initial impression can change.

For instance, (if you remember), did Jose/Awari on last week´s episode hit you different than your first impression on the taping, for better or worse, or it just stayed the same to you?

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

Literally, the only advantage the winner of the 4WKO will have is having an extra performance, which is not always a good thing if they happen to flop. Sometimes, is better to left in a high note.

Ryan pretty much destroyed his reputation with his stupidity, but if we´re strictly talking vocally, he did leave on a high note.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Ryan pretty much destroyed his reputation with his stupidity, but if we´re strictly talking vocally, he did leave on a high note.

Random but I’m surprised he didn’t audition for Idol :haha: 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So, last season, the perceived winner's song choice came to reality, with Ryan having his "time to say goodbye." So, does that mean that the sun will turn into a black hole on the day of Playoffs?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, just one listen in a long taping can be easily forgotten. Not to mention several performances can grow on a person with more listenings, so perhaps the initial impression can change.

For instance, (if you remember), did Jose/Awari on last week´s episode hit you different than your first impression on the taping, for better or worse, or it just stayed the same to you?

So here were my initial thoughts: Awari vs Jose – you say – Jose probably has more range, but he was runtastic. Awari was more solid. John gives slight edge to Awari. Blake gives slighj edge to Jose, because he thinks from a coaching perspective it would be easier to dial back Jose’s runs Nick choose Jose

on reflection - I probably liked Jose a little more then I did when I first heard it...but I still preferred Awari. But, my personal bias, I'm not generally a huge fan of lots of runs.

• Thanks 1

Just noticed Rio is the only contestant who defeated a 4 way KO member that didn´t make lives. Dana, Corey and Cam did. Being at the second taping with the steals gone might have something do with it, and her opponent of course.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Just noticed Rio is the only contestant who defeated a 4 way KO member that didn´t make lives. Dana, Corey and Cam did. Being at the second taping with the steals gone might have something do with it, and her opponent of course.

And her song choice. I mean, who thought that was a good idea? Luckily, they’re bringing her back for the 10th anniversary wildcard.

I'm starting to think that we were so delusional about Savanna and Carolina, and that Emma will a 100% win this thing lmao

Devan is still DOA imo even if he kill it. I though for a while (back then S18) that there was a Team Nick advantage and that they would crush any IS vote, but the truth is Michael W only won because everyone else flopped, he couldn't win over Joanna who had at least an equal performance (well I though she actually crushed him but that's an opinion)

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If your purpose is not to go far and just learn and have more experience, then being thrown into the 4-way is better than losing the KO, at least you have to work one more time with your coach on a playoffs song

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Honestly, I thought she was fodder, but her tone is amazing and perfect for the show (I mean, it's different).
Issues is a meh song, I would have preferred another song for her

Edited by pauwis

3 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

If your purpose is not to go far and just learn and have more experience, then being thrown into the 4-way is better than losing the KO, at least you have to work one more time with your coach on a playoffs song

Yeah, at least the contestants on the 4 way, win or lose, still have one more week of work, and a studio recording in case they do have to perform on the playoffs.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Thats Good Jada Pinkett Smith GIF by Red Table Talk

15 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I would agree but with the whole pandemic in mind, the safety protocols they have to endure only to step 5 seconds on stage... (Larriah, Julia) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I would agree but with the whole pandemic in mind, the safety protocols they have to endure only to step 5 seconds on stage... (Larriah, Julia) 

They also get a pair of custom fit in-ears, which aren’t cheap. 

The pandemic adds an extra layer of complication, but the answer probably depends on individual circumstance. For instance the flip side for Larriah, getting to do virtual school from a hotel in LA, with several other music loving teens. 

• Like 1

Interesting... I looked on Wikipedia and see who turned the most and who didn't turn the most..

Blake didn’t turn for 20 contestants/artists.

Kelly didn’t turn for 17 contestants/artists.

John didn’t turn for 16 contestants/artists.

Nick didn’t turn for 14 contestants/artists.

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Like 1

Another reason why Kenzie being montaged sounds not that likely to happen : He was the first contestant shown to the audience. The last time they ever montaged the first contestant presented was on S6 (Christina Grimmie´s first battle). Since then, they have not montaged them neither for battles or KOs.

• Like 1