The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, snoopy2003 said:

Blake: "It be a shame if someone was given 'Lips Of An Angel' right now.... oh wait that's for Jordan. It be a shame if someone was given 'Baby Like A Backroad' In the Lives...."

1 minute ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

if i’m being honest Racheal definitely gave me MaryBeth vibes! Except Mary had a much better Blind lol... but Racheal is gonna be the next Marybeth tbh... or even better!

Marybeth can wipe her out lmao, we'll see her improvement though. If she's going to be a Marybeth, please be the reverse version of her where she gets better song choices and nerve control. If she gets worst from her Blind then RIP.

• Like 1

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

Marybeth can wipe her out lmao, we'll see her improvement though. If she's going to be a Marybeth, please be the reverse version of her where she gets better song choices and nerve control. If she gets worst from her Blind then RIP.

I mean plenty of sources said she improved big time and showed she can be a threat... so i might be right or might be wrong.

2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Man right i felt so bad for MaryBeth... Her song choices mostly didn’t help and i feel like Blake would’ve been better for her🥺

• Like 1

"And it seems Pete is getting bussed in the KO's. The song choice isn't it, if Blake keeps those songs up for him, Kenzie will take the win or at least pave the way for Cam to be his frontrunner(Which is probably what Blake wants)"

Responding to this here, since it appears to be a spoiler in the Voice Discussion thread, it´s definitely a weird song for Pete, but apparently he still powered through and moved on. So if it was a bus, I don´t know if it worked. We´ll see when Minivan´s reception comes. 

Everything could happen. As an Ian Flanigan fan last season, I acknowledge that he had the weakest KO of Team Blake, and yet he got the best song choice out of all of them in the POs and got the PV, so we´ll see. I have a feeling that if a bus is coming in the playoffs, it might be for Jordan.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

Just now, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Man right i felt so bad for MaryBeth... Her song choices mostly didn’t help and i feel like Blake would’ve been better for her🥺

Marybeth with Blake could have potentially been trouble for the Hoot. Although 2nd would have been her ceiling after his Semis and Finale rounds. But I would have hoped she could have won somehow.

25 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

if i’m being honest Racheal definitely gave me MaryBeth vibes! Except Mary had a much better Blind lol... but Racheal is gonna be the next Marybeth tbh... or even better!

Yeah, sort of. Marybeth is definitely the better vocalist, but that just comes with age and experience. I actually feel that Rachel has more of an idea of what genre she is best suited in than Marybeth did. For Marybeth, it felt like every live show performance was a trial/error situation. And then of course there was the issue of John picking these Pop songs that did nothing for her. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

I actually like that they didn't release a leak for this last episode. Could you imagine only getting to watch 3 new performances? I'm fine watching all of them for the first time when the episode airs.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

For Marybeth, it felt like every live show performance was a trial/error situation. And then of course there was the issue of John picking these Pop songs that did nothing for her. 

Marybeth wanted to go pop.   This seems to go rather conveniently forgotten by her fans.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Marybeth wanted to go pop.   This seems to go rather conveniently forgotten by her fans.

Yes, but there are many layers to pop, and the songs John chose for her ("Love Me Like You Do" being a prime example) did not allow her to shine. She did a cover of a Sam Smith song (I forgot which one) on Instagram and that suited her WAY better than any of the other pop songs she sang on the show.

7 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Taylor or Lady Gaga would SLAY. If its someone like Dolly Parton as well(lol she would never) then RIP to Blake's fanbase. 

When Lady Gaga joins and replaces Nick (let's just pretend it's possible for a moment), she and Kelly would do a KILLER duet. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yes, but there are many layers to pop, and the songs John chose for her ("Love Me Like You Do" being a prime example) did not allow her to shine. She did a cover of a Sam Smith song (I forgot which one) on Instagram and that suited her WAY better than any of the other pop songs she sang on the show.

It was a Sam Smith song? I thought it was a Spanish song. The same one that Carolina sang for her blind lol 😂

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I liked "Lose You to Love Me". It was one of her best performances imo. :ph34rwave:

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

When Lady Gaga joins and replaces Nick (let's just pretend it's possible for a moment), she and Kelly would do a KILLER duet. 

I just love how the S20 spoilers thread became a Meghan-bashing and Taylor/Gaga stan thread lol 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

I just love how the S20 spoilers thread became a Meghan-bashing and Taylor/Gaga stan thread lol 😂

at least its more on topic than the discussion of american idol we had about 100 pages ago lmao

Edited by QueenCami
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

Welcome!! Who are your favs?

I got a bunch this season!! Gihanna, Ryleigh, Carolina, Lindsay & Cam are a few. 'Jenzie Wheels' is also pretty good even though I'm not a fan of country :lmao:

thanks for the warm welcome also!!! y'all already driving me nuts with the fake leak thing again LOL

• Like 8