The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Tbh the slight technical issues weren't Ciana's problem. The song didn't allow her to be authentic, so it felt very performative, like she was singing to impress, and not to express. She has very good stage presence though.

Very well said

Lol I predicted Pia/Ciana for a leak, but I though they would be for Episode 2. Also, TPTB, you sly bastards lol.

Ciana´s opening was good, but as soon after that, it all went south. She did better than I expected, but this appropiately felt like a swan song/performance.

Pia... yes! This is the moment I was waiting from her. I was worried since she didn´t live up to my expectations at all in her past 2 rounds, but I absolutely loved her here.  Gorgeous rendition of a song perhaps not really suited for a KO. We´re off to a good start for KOs here.

I don´t know if this will move the needle for her with Minivan, but we´ll see.

• Like 3

#1 Have you noticed how the Voice audience treats Black female singers?

#2 Being over 30 yo is different than being in your 20s in the music industry. It marks them as OLD.

#3 I didn’t use the word genre any where in my post, don’t imply I was comparing them musically.

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Okay but this is just wrong.

This. I completely disagree with whoever said John was dumb for taking 2 AA females over 30 to the lives, because they’re both iconic👑 But they are in the same genre lane, only they have different approaches. Pia happened to audition with a reggae Stevie Wonder song but I don’t think she has been referred to as a 100% reggae artist on the show. We can see in these past few rounds she has done r&b soul, just like Zania. So they’re in a similar lane, but their styles are very different.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

This. I completely disagree with whoever said John was dumb for taking 2 AA females over 30 to the lives, because they’re both iconic👑 But they are in the same genre lane, only they have different approaches. Pia happened to audition with a reggae Stevie Wonder song but I don’t think she has been referred to as a 100% reggae artist on the show. We can see in these past few rounds she has done r&b soul, just like Zania. So they’re in a similar lane, but their styles are very different.

As some of us pointed out upon the release of the first spoilers, Pia is literally the R&B soul version of Payge Turner. So, I agree with you on this.

• Like 1

After watching the battles, I understand John’s knockout pairings. He was clearly very impressed with Zania and Pia in their respective battles and wanted both through to the lives. My only issue is not giving Ciana and Rio a fighting shot with those songs... ☹️

Edited by Bk1234
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Also, John can do no wrong, since he saved Carolina. :P I blame TPTB for the songs.

John has improved from his last couple seasons. He turned a good amount & gave (mostly) good songs to his team. 

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Also, John can do no wrong, since he saved Carolina. :P I blame TPTB for the songs.

John only picks the singers he personally would listen to. Blake and Kelly let strategy guide their pairings and choices. And Nick, who knows?

Yeah Pia was flawless, or dang near close to it. There was very little wrong with that. Night and day from her audition which was very underwhelming imo. People talking about "imaginary hype" to downplay her performance 🥴

Not sure what the fuss is about knock out pairings. None of Zania, Pia, Rio, or Ciana are people that the audience typically votes for so I would go for who performed the best tbh. It really won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by joe14

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

John only picks the singers he personally would listen to. Blake and Kelly let strategy guide their pairings and choices. And Nick, who knows?

I disagree with this on Blake. He would’ve chose Avery if that was entirely true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I don't get it - they're both great, different singers. No one ever says "it's idiotic to bring 2 White male singers over 30 yo into the voting stage."

If they were competing at the Apollo theater you would. Black female singers are at a disadvantage on the Voice. If you want them to advance, you have to help them by making it easier for the voters.

Just now, joe14 said:

Not sure what the fuss is about knock out pairings. None of Zania, Pia, Rio, or Ciana are people that the audience typically votes for so I would go for who performed the best tbh. It really won't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Going for who performed the best would only be fair if they all got equally good song choices. Pia got a song she could relate to and Zania got a great song. Rio and Ciana were not given as great songs.

• Like 3

Just now, AngelaKD said:

If they were competing at the Apollo theater you would. Black female singers are at a disadvantage on the Voice. If you want them to advance, you have to help them by making it easier for the voters.

yeah, i read what you wrote later on - i see you were just talking about voter potential, so i deleted my comment. thanks for explaining more! i do think that bringing them forward whether or not they have high voting potential is good if they're both good, but i think that's another issue. once again, thanks for explaining.

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Look back. The hype wasn’t “imaginary.” :giggle:

You got it wrong nobody was saying Pia slayed they was just saying Pia was the clear winner ( even with a different song for Ciana Pia still would’ve been the clear winner ) Zania has been the one hyped up

1 minute ago, Angeles said:

Unpopular, but I don't care about what's "strategic". If you're talented & give a good performance, you should go through. 

Yeah, this “strategic” nonsense just feeds into the coaches over contestants scenario that the show is constantly pushing. 🙄

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1