The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He´s awesome, and honestly, he has been really well recieved so far across all social media, and in the app as well. The impression he left yesterday on the audience was massive, people love his intensity and I´m sure he can repeat that with his KO, which I´m thinking will be even more intense considering the song. I´m geniuenly starting to think he has a chance at PV, especially after the poor reception WTW recieved and after watching Jim tonight, and his reception as well.

As for Jim, he´s not country enough for Minivan, not on his style nor his voice. Todd wasn´t even country as a whole and he gave more of a country vibe that Jim, plus he had that warm charisma going on for him. Jim has a good sense of humor, but he does not come across as energenetic or geniune as Todd. And his voice suits Americana and soul much better than country honestly, given what he did tonight. Give him a Ray Lamontage song (You Are the Best Thing could work) and I can see him nailing that. He still has the KO as his last chance, but he´s not recieving good signs that the PV will be waiting for him.

Could be. I’m starting to think Taryn may even have a shot at the PV if she can survive the KO. That first live show usually weeds out a few “contenders.”  

• Like 4

I'm still mad they made Jim do a Kane Brown song in his battle - at least give him something that's laid-back but still has a decent amount of range.

Sh*t, even Darius Rucker's Wagon Wheel (as much as that song drives me up a wall) would've been better for him and John S. - it's laid back but there's at least some dynamics to it and it can work as a duet. You Are The Best Thing would be a strong playoffs choice for Jim, as would the oft-done Stevie Ray Vaughan choice of Pride and Joy.

Granted, I'm not exactly secretive about Sid, Taryn, and Ian being my favorite members of Team Blake, but since there's no guarantee on Taryn and Ian's tone is polarizing having Jim do well enough to warrant a save but not the PV is my "realistic" Plan B if Taryn doesn't make it through the 4-way KO.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I'm still mad they made Jim do a Kane Brown song in his battle - at least give him something that's laid-back but still has a decent amount of range.

Sh*t, even Darius Rucker's Wagon Wheel (as much as that song drives me up a wall) would've been better for him and John S. - it's laid back but there's at least some dynamics to it and it can work as a duet. You Are The Best Thing would be a strong playoffs choice for Jim, as would the oft-done Stevie Ray Vaughan choice of Pride and Joy.

Granted, I'm not exactly secretive about Sid, Taryn, and Ian being my favorite members of Team Blake, but since there's no guarantee on Taryn and Ian's tone is polarizing having Jim do well enough to warrant a save but not the PV is my "realistic" Plan B if Taryn doesn't make it through the 4-way KO.

Hadn´t thought of that for Jim, but I could see him singing that.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Hadn´t thought of that for Jim, but I could see him singing that.

I was so pissed off at his battle song assignment choice that I started going through my mental list of artists that would've fit John and Jim both, which was surprisingly short - then I went and double-checked discographies for things that we know there's rights for and that was one of the ones that came up (but it wouldn't really work as a duet).

John and Julia's battle is the best of the season, omg i'm really a fan of John's voice, he has the most beautiful voice of this season for me

and Julia is amazing too, save Julia in the 4WK PUBLIC!!!

Edited by French20
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, French20 said:

John and Julia's battle is the best of the season, omg i'm really a fan of John's voice, he has the most beautiful voice of this season for me

That was definitely great. But I still think John holded back because I've seen some of his live performances on You Tube and Man his range is AWESOME. Now I hope he really Let-loose in his KO performance, I'm really excited to see how his KO performance goes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

That was definitely great. But I still think John holded back because I've seen some of his live performances on You Tube and Man his range is AWESOME. Now I hope he really Let-loose in his KO performance, I'm really excited to see how his KO performance goes.

As soon as i learned his song for KOs, I already wanted us to go straight to KOs haha,  i can't wait any longer

I think it will be one of the best performances of The Voice if he uses all his power

• Like 2

I saw some people saying that Jim don't have Todd's Charisma. OK I agree... He doesn't have Todd's Charisma but he definitely has Sundance's and Adam Wakefield's power. And they both did make it all the way to the finale(and Sundance even won). So Jim is not out of the equation yet, we just have to wait until the PO to see how he does.

As of right now based on the battles I think Jim>everyone else on TEAM BLAKE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Funny how I thought Jim would be the runaway winner and now he might not even make it past playoffs :haha:

Don’t get me wrong, some people commented on Facebook that they preferred Jim in the battle, but the number of them who liked John better, and are upset he’s gone is shocking. I didn’t count them, but it’s probably close to 50/50, and Jim was clearly much better. I’m also not seeing “Pastor Jim” being repeated a bunch (other than several who claim to go to Jim’s church) like we saw with Todd right away. It seems like a lot of the positive comments for Jim are from people who know him personally. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Don’t get me wrong, some people commented on Facebook that they preferred Jim in the battle, but the number of them who liked John better, and are upset he’s gone is shocking. I didn’t count them, but it’s probably close to 50/50, and Jim was clearly much better. I’m also not seeing “Pastor Jim” being repeated a bunch (other than several who claim to go to Jim’s church) like we saw with Todd right away. It seems like a lot of the positive comments for Jim are from people who know him personally. 

I actually preferred John to Jim until he pulled those big notes at the end. His range is impressive but otherwise he’s rather bland and lacks the appeal that Todd, Sundance, Adam or Craig had imo.

I still think he can make a comeback, and no one should underestimate a country male singer in Team Blake, but I actually think Sid and Taryn are better positioned to get the PV.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, he´s clearly not making as much of a conection like Todd did. Todd already had a ton of support in battles. I´ll go right now and say  he´s definitely not winning.

Edited by Misirlou

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I actually preferred John to Jim until he pulled those big notes at the end. His range is impressive but otherwise he’s rather bland and lacks that appeal that Todd, Sundance, Adam or Craig.

I still think he can make a comeback, and no one should underestimate a country male singer in Team Blake, but I actually think Sid and Taryn are better positioned to get that PV.

His KO is supposedly good, so we’ll see. Someone said he cried on stage after his performance. 

26 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

How are we already at the end of Battles we are almost near lives, where the time go 💀

If the show was aired by last season´s schedule, we would have just seen Ep 5 of the Blinds on Monday and still wouldn´t be on Battles. This season had to rush things up due to COVID postponent, and if it hadn´t been for the election, we would have already finished battles this week and waiting for the KO leak on Friday.

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Also, off toppic, but given how close the app result was in Desz´s battle, I wouldn´t be surprised at all if Sid beats her on the app.

2 hours ago, Daillon said:

I would be really surprised if he doesn’t.

Sid has definitely been more liked than DeSz.(I'm not saying he is better than DeSz or anything just saying people liked him more) And he has retro appeal in his voice and he is very likeable as well. I would also be shocked if he doesn't win against DeSz on THE VOICE APP.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Everyday I’m seeing more of a chance of Sid/Taryn (please win the 4 way knockout I’m begging you) being Blake’s top 2 and I’m not mad about it at all😆

Taryn showed me in the battle that she has the chops to win and she had a lot of support from Minivan in there, but I´m still wandering if they were on her side strictly for the performance or solely because of their hatred of trios, we´ll find out in the 4 way. 

I have another favorite in Ryan G, who is a fantastic vocalist as well, so I hope one of this two win. 

And I´m pulling for Sid for that PV, if he got that reaction for his battle, imagine what it will be for his KO when he takes the stage by himself.

The Voice needs to wake up they thought Fousheè was gonna flop in real life so they montage her battle and look at her now, doing better than everyone in the past few seasons, they forgot Chloe is also young and has that tic tok potential and actually has the best shot in making it outside this show. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

The Voice needs to wake up they thought Fousheè was gonna flop in real life so they montage her battle and look at her now, doing better than everyone in the past few seasons, they forgot Chloe is also young and has that tic tok potential and actually has the best shot in making it outside this show. 

is Chloe the only person expected so far that is making lives and has been montaged in battles?