The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, antikid said:

I mean Payge is not the next Maelyn but definitely one of the more interesting artists that we had in the last few seasons and also combined with pretty solid vocals I don't see a reason why she shouldn't be hyped

i don't think that one could even say that someone was over-hyped (unless it's someone objectively bad like jamal) because the hype really depends on one's opinion the singer. payge is objectively a good vocalist, but beyond there its subjective. 

This is kind off topic but what if Hannah Goebel did not get off the voice on season 14, do y’all think Brynn could’ve got as big as she did? As soon as I saw her blind audition I saw her as Kelly’s Frontrunner and I think she could’ve went far and could’ve became the female white powerhouse, she could’ve outshined many people that season. 

32 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

This is kind off topic but what if Hannah Goebel did not get off the voice on season 14, do y’all think Brynn could’ve got as big as she did? As soon as I saw her blind audition I saw her as Kelly’s Frontrunner and I think she could’ve went far and could’ve became the female white powerhouse, she could’ve outshined many people that season. 

i don't think so, i don't think she would have appealed to as wide an audience as brynn would have. brynn was a young, pretty teenage girl and honestly all four of those aspects were important in her success

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i don't think so, i don't think she would have appealed to as wide an audience as brynn would have. brynn was a young, pretty teenage girl and honestly all four of those aspects were important in her success

Don't forget how much poise she had for her age - that definitely boosted the appeal as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Daillon said:

I am not going to throw any names, but some contestants have been way more overhyped than Payge and they haven’t delivered :ph34rwave:(at least in their blinds)

Payge has killed both of her performances so far, the fact that the core audience doesn’t appreciate her as much as others doesn’t mean she hasn’t delivered.

Desz slated but go awff

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, antikid said:

maybe I'm just reading way too deep into it but this doesn't sit well with me

yeah there's really no reasonable explanation for comparing them. tamara and desz? sure. cami and julia? sure. but only because their genres are loosely similar. comparing on race makes absolutely no sense.

however, the whole idea in itself is stupid because how are you supposed to compare people's "talent?" this conversation needs to stop.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

No, it was Payge... 😔

9 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

It was actually Payge 

Payge was literally one of the last contestants to get a fan thread. IDF ignored her until we got  knockout spoilers. Facts first please. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

Payge was literally one of the last contestants to get a fan thread. IDF ignored her until we got  knockout spoilers. Facts first please. 

Still, the insane amount of hype that came out of thin air near the end of the pre-show hype cycle outweighed DeSz’s hype for sure. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, echoap said:

Also, if you look at the fan threads, Payge has 25 fans while DeSz has 15 fans. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Still, the insane amount of hype that came out of thin air near the end of the pre-show hype cycle outweighed DeSz’s hype for sure. 

No, she didn't outweigh DeSz's hype. Check out most of the posts from this thread and you'll find who's really hyped really hard. 

Majority of the posts in this thread focused more on Tamara, Desz and John H. as the leak, openers and closers of the show. Payge was just lowkey hyped with only a few pages or discussions about her.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

No, she didn't outweigh DeSz's hype. Check out most of the posts from this thread and you'll find who's really hyped really hard. 

Majority of the posts in this thread focused more on Tamara, Desz and John H. as the leak, openers and closers of the show. Payge was just lowkey hyped with only a few pages or discussions about her.

Still, like I mentioned earlier, Payge has more fans in her fan thread than DeSz does. Additionally, I felt that more people were impressed with DeSz’s audition compared to Payge’s. 🤷‍♂️

Overhyped =/= Overrated. I think some people are confusing both terms. I love DeSz (I am on her fan thread for a reason) but I can’t deny she had the most hype out of everyone in the spoilers thread.

And it’s funny this mess started with a comment I posted in which I wasn’t talking about DeSz, but whatever :rolleyes:

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

Wait. Why are we getting touchy about opinions again? It’s MY opinion that she is on the lower end of the talent in the AA contestants. and it’s true, she isn’t vocally as good as you guys hype her up to be. She is good, don’t get me wrong she is talented. Just compared to others, she isn’t how y’all make her seem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Still, like I mentioned earlier, Payge has more fans in her fan thread than DeSz does. Additionally, I felt that more people were impressed with DeSz’s audition compared to Payge’s. 🤷‍♂️

The number of fans doesn't necessarily follow that the artist is hyped. Cami Clune is the artist with most fans here on IDF but was she hyped that hard? No. Same goes with Payge.

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

Overhyped =/= Overrated. I think some people are confusing both terms. I love DeSz (I am on her fan thread for a reason) but I can’t deny she had the most hype out of everyone in the spoilers thread.

You think Desz had more than Payge??? lol after KO spoilers everyone hopped on the wagon for Payge.

Just now, Dalton Eduardo said:

The number of fans doesn't necessarily follow that the artist is hyped. Cami Clune is the artist with most fans here on IDF but was she hyped that hard? No. Same goes with Payge.

Cami doesn’t get hyped a lot even though she bas a lot of fans here. Payge has a lot of “fans” and is extremely hyped on here

• Like 1