The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

If (big if) everyone in this video is also in the premiere, I'd bet on getting a save - likely Kelly's or Blake's to balance out team showings + genre mixture.

If not, the only guarantee is Payge vs. Lauren for Monday night.

Definitely. Also, Tuesday exists. We could probably be seeing everyone in the vid spread out between Monday and Tuesday plus some battles that weren’t shown.

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

New promo! 😊

The promo said Monday, so it seems like John H vs Julia will be there as well, which means John will use his steal and save in the same episode.

So far we have then:

Payge vs Lauren (steal)

Casme vs Rio

John H vs Julia (saved)

• Like 1

I'm a Payge stan, but Lauren really surprised me. She had the more polished vocal imo. I would pick Payge simply because I find her to be more interesting and unique of an artist, but I wouldn't be mad at Gwen if she chose Lauren after that.

• Like 4

I prefer Payge for the competition, but Lauren won the battle, IMO, but I think either of them would have a difficult time getting enough votes to make the finale, so this decision seems inconsequential. Facebook hasn’t been subjected to the IDF hype for Payge, so it’s not surprising they’re seeing it differently than many here are. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, antikid said:

I didn't go deep but facebook is mostly praising Lauren, kinda disappointed they don't get Payge's artistry 

Disappointed but not surprised. I bet Lauren wins on the Voice app on Monday.

Edited by Daillon

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Facebook hasn’t been subjected to the IDF hype for Payge, so it’s not surprising they’re seeing it differently than many here are. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CammWess only become popular after his KO?

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't CammWess only become popular after his KO?

yeah, many people have their breakout moments during the knockouts but comparing payge directly to camm is tough one for payge. his blind and battle were decent, good at best. payge has been killing it and while i do expect her to outdo her prior performances on creep i don't think it'll be the same gap as camm's say something in comparison to senorita. the only thing that gives me hope is that creep is song minivan is familiar with opposed to her battle song and to a lesser extent her ba song

Edited by antikid

3 minutes ago, antikid said:

yeah, many people have their breakout moments during the knockouts but comparing payge directly to camm is tough one for payge. his blind and battle were decent, good at best. payge has been killing it and while i do expect her to outdo her prior performances on creep i don't think it'll be the same gap as camm's say something in comparison to senorita

Yeah, the gap of improvement is a good factor for votes, especially considering everybody was rooting for Camm to succeed after he was sabotaged in his battle. Either way, battles may make people notice certain artists, but KOs are were the frontrunners emerge and when we know who are the people getting the support needed. And apparently Payge had a big moment there, and she will be able to shine by herself instead of sharing the performance with a partner, so let´s see.

• Like 2

Remember Zan vs Brittney where they each took a verse and harmonized on the choruses and people in the comments were complaining about how John set it up for Brittney to sing backup just because Zan took the first half? Wonder why that's not happening here.

Edit: Well, maybe because Payge vs Lauren is a more even matchup

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

I might be way off here, but something that might harm Payge’s breakout moment when compared to Chloe or CammWess is that she didn’t take part on a steal/save situation. Plus with that info we know she is not getting the pimp spot in the KOs, they usually go to a KO with a steal.

In addition to that, I think Payge is too alternative for this show’s audience. That might be the main problem when it comes to getting the voters’ support.

Edited by Daillon

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I prefer Payge for the competition, but Lauren won the battle, IMO, but I think either of them would have a difficult time getting enough votes to make the finale, so this decision seems inconsequential. Facebook hasn’t been subjected to the IDF hype for Payge, so it’s not surprising they’re seeing it differently than many here are. 

Agreed. Lauren won that for me. Although, I think Lauren face a better chance of getting votes than Payge does. 

• Like 1