The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

23 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I wonder if Blake aggressively putting down John's ability to coach a country artist had any influence on his investment in Bailey Rae being a part of his team?

That´s what I thought as well. He legit seems like he wants to rub it to Blake´s face. Let´s see how he does.

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

Lmao at me just reading the spoilers and John getting rid of basically everyone good. I can't even be mad at him at this point. I'm more annoyed with all the great contestants that flock to him at this point.  Why go to his team where you will get lost in a sea of other great contestants when you can go to other teams, especially team Gwen, and be the cream of the crop. Not saying Gwen is perfect, but I feel like you'd have more of a fighting chance there. No one things strategy at all. 

• Like 5

Since blinds have finished, I'm going to share what I think the logical battle pairings should've been for each team based entirely on their auditions.

Team Kelly

1. Eli vs Ryan - I put these two together because they both have classical vibes in their auditions. Eli isn't opera, but his style of singing is the closest to Ryan's. I'm shocked Kelly didn't pair these two together, as she obviously didn't want to keep them both.

2. Emmalee vs Kelsie - They are both pure pop singers and I agree with Kelly for pairing them. 

3. Madeline vs Tanner - Different styles of country, but I could see Madeline navigating a song in Tanner's comfort zone. Just please don't make Tanner sing pop country.

4. Marisa vs Skylar - At first glance, the pairing seems like overkill, but if Kelly gave them a softer song, I think Marisa could hold back for Skylar.

5. Desz vs Joseph - One of these people has a soulful voice. The other has SOUL in his name. Checks out.

Team Legend

- Unpopular opinion but I actually agree with all the pairings on this team. Bailey is John's only country aritst and Sid is the next closest thing. Casme and Rio are incredibly similar in genre and style. Julia is the most logical partner for John the jazz singer because of her jazzy runs. Tamara and Olivia make the most sense out of everyone left, and Cami and James is the oddball pairing that could work if given the right song.

Team Gwen

1. Liam vs Ryan - This pairing makes the most immediate sense. Gwen got this one right.

2. Chloe vs Larriah - They're both RnB singers, and while Larriah is young, her voice is mature enough to stand against Chloe's.

3. Lauren vs Payge - COMPLETELY different vibes, but I see hoe they could achieve some sort of indie-middle ground.

4. Carter vs Lain - They have similar ranges and both sang Lewis Capaldi. And as with Larriah, Carter is really young but he has the maturity in his voice to hold his own against Lain. It's clear why Gwen didn't pair these two together though. They were likely her favorites.

5. Van vs Tori - Now THIS is an oddball pairing. They have next to nothing in common, but it's hard to pair them with anyone else, so they end up together.

Team Blake

1. JusJon vs Payton - Its highly unlikely that these two would've been paired with anyone but each other.

2. Sam vs John - When John sang yesterday, I thought they let Sam back to audition again. There's only room for one of them on the team.

3. Aaron vs Ian - Both have raspy tones. That's about it.

4. Taryn vs Worth The Wait - It's a pretty obvious pairing as well.

5. Jim vs Ben - One of them is significantly more country than the other, but they both have big voices so I guess they'll be able to match each other pretty well.

How Many Pairings I Agreed with per Team:

Kelly: 2/5

John: 5/5

Gwen: 3/5

Blake: 3/5

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Well, how did Bailey beat Sid?

She didn’t. John picked her because he didn’t want to cut his first country artist. The way that battle played out makes a whole lot more sense now.

ETA: Plus, this was the very first battle, so John had a reasonable expectation that one of the other coaches would steal and if not, he could have used his Save.

ETA2: Kelly and Blake flat out chose Sid. Gwen said it was even. No one picked Bailey.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, joe14 said:

Lmao at me just reading the spoilers and John getting rid of basically everyone good. I can't even be mad at him at this point. I'm more annoyed with all the great contestants that flock to him at this point.  Why go to his team where you will get lost in a sea of other great contestants when you can go to other teams, especially team Gwen, and be the cream of the crop. Not saying Gwen is perfect, but I feel like you'd have more of a fighting chance there. No one things strategy at all. 

What's even funnier is both rounds, John's steals come from Gwen's team.  A different route to John 🙂

Top 8 Predictions

-Taryn will win the four-way knockout. 

TEAM BLAKE: 

PV: Jim Ranger 

CS: Worth the Wait

Reasoning: Jim is really popular with Minivan, plus I feel like he will appeal to other non-Minivan audiences, hence why I put him in PV over Ian. Worth the Wait (aka Danielle) SEEMS like Blake’s favorite, plus they are a four-chair turn, so I don’t think Blake will want to let them go. 

TEAM KELLY: 

PV: DeSz

CS: Cami Clune

Reasoning: DeSz is an AA powerhouse, plus she is VERY popular with the voting public. While Tanner seems like a realistic option for PV, I think DeSz will be able conquer Minivan. I had a lot of trouble choosing Kelly’s CS, but I came down to Cami. Yes, she would be making history by saving Cami, but I think Kelly realizes how talented Cami is, especially after she got a four-chair turn. 

TEAM GWEN: 

PV: Ben Allen

CS: Carter Rubin

Reasoning: It’s going to be disgusting, I know, but I really think that Ben Allen will take Gwen’s PV spot. He is very popular with Minivan (he got the highest app percentage somehow...), and I unfortunately think that that will be enough... 🙁 I think Gwen will choose Carter for her CS because she really seems to like him. I just don’t see the connection between her and Payge that I see between her and Carter. 

TEAM LEGEND: 

PV: Tamara Jade

CS: John Holiday 

Reasoning: I think Tamara will get John’s PV spot because she is again, very popular, especially with her being the first preview AND a four-chair turn. I also think Minivan will not like John H, but I do not think John Legend will let go of him that easily, hence why I believe he will be Team Legend’s CS. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh right... 🙁 Jim is enough for me! 😁

I really think Ian might pull a Hoot and while everyone thinks that Jim will get the PV, y’all forgot about Ian having a cute little daughter just like Hoot! So Ian is gonna be the one to watch out for. It also worries me how Blake chose Ian over James who James clearly had a incredible BA

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
3 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:
5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I really think Ian might pull a Hoot and while everyone thinks that Jim will get the PV, y’all forgot about Ian having a cute little daughter just like Hoot! So Ian is gonna be the one to watch out for. It also worries me how Blake chose Ian over James who James clearly had a incredible BA

If anything, he’s the cute one. :giggle: 

• Haha 2
Just now, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I really think Ian might pull a Hoot and while everyone thinks that Jim will get the instant save, y’all forgot about Ian having a cute little daughter just like Hoot!

Jim has a bunch of kids, he’s a pastor, he apparently cried in his KO and he’s a really solid vocalist... Jim has to screw up big time if Ian wants the PV

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

so I was wondering how do u guys do signatures at the bottom explaining your favorite voice past contestants and present! I want to do that!

This thread should help... 

Edited by Bk1234
48 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Top 8 Predictions

TEAM BLAKE: 

Reasoning: Jim is really popular with Minivan, plus I feel like he will appeal to other non-Minivan audiences, hence why I put him in PV over Ian. Worth the Wait (aka Danielle) SEEMS like Blake’s favorite, plus they are a four-chair turn, so I don’t think Blake will want to let them go. 

TEAM KELLY: 

Reasoning: DeSz is an AA powerhouse, plus she is VERY popular with the voting public. While Tanner seems like a realistic option for PV, I think DeSz will be able conquer Minivan. I had a lot of trouble choosing Kelly’s CS, but I came down to Cami. Yes, she would be making history by saving Cami, but I think Kelly realizes how talented Cami is, especially after she got a four-chair turn. 

TEAM GWEN: 

Reasoning: It’s going to be disgusting, I know, but I really think that Ben Allen will take Gwen’s PV spot. He is very popular with Minivan (he got the highest app percentage somehow...), and I unfortunately think that that will be enough... 🙁 I think Gwen will choose Carter for her CS because she really seems to like him. I just don’t see the connection between her and Payge that I see between her and Carter. 

TEAM LEGEND: 

Reasoning: I think Tamara will get John’s PV spot because she is again, very popular, especially with her being the first preview AND a four-chair turn. I also think Minivan will not like John H, but I do not think John Legend will let go of him that easily, hence why I believe he will be Team Legend’s CS. 

I slightly disagree. I think Tamara will be John’s save, and John H will be his PV. And I think Kelly will save Tanner (unfortunately). I see no way Cami can make T8 unless it’s an overall Top 7 Vote (than Desz, Tanner and Cami will make it).

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

I slightly disagree. I think Tamara will be John’s save, and John H will be his PV. And I think Kelly will save Tanner (unfortunately). I see no way Cami can make T8 unless it’s an overall Top 7 Vote (than Desz, Tanner and Cami will make it).

I understand where you’re coming from, but I really think Kelly understands how much of an asset Cami is to her team. Maybe I’m just too hopeful... 😔

• Sad 1
56 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Top 8 Predictions

TEAM BLAKE: 

TEAM KELLY: 

TEAM GWEN: 

TEAM LEGEND: 

I think John H would get the PV.  And even if Cami is my fav on Team Kelly but I can't see a world where she saves cami over Tanner/DeSz. I think if she gives a show-topper performance then she might have a chance at the PV but otherwise her chances are even worse than Madeline.

• Sad 2