The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

26 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

lol did we have spoilers this time last year? 

I was gathering them at this point because blinds were taping. Will posted yesterday that it was the 1-year anniversary of his blind being taped.

Don't remember the exact day or anything that I shared the spoilers but it was probably first week of July?

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

I was gathering them at this point because blinds were taping. Will posted yesterday that it was the 1-year anniversary of his blind being taped.

Don't remember the exact day or anything that I shared the spoilers but it was probably first week of July?

Hopefully we get some soon in July 🤞🏾

55 minutes ago, LukeB1219 said:

How do you guys even find the blind audition acts?

Sources from the tapings, but before that there's usually an indication of who's participating on their social media (even if they're saying nothing about it).

COVID has thrown this upcoming season in a loop so I gotta apologize in advance for potentially no early names this season.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Sources from the tapings, but before that there's usually an indication of who's participating on their social media (even if they're saying nothing about it).

COVID has thrown this upcoming season in a loop so I gotta apologize in advance for potentially no early names this season.

I’m speaking with someone now who had a private audition earlier this year for season 19 but she said that they didn’t tell her if she was on to the blinds stage yet. 

anyone knows how they operate when it comes to casting?

1 hour ago, jus.vshn said:

I’m speaking with someone now who had a private audition earlier this year for season 19 but she said that they didn’t tell her if she was on to the blinds stage yet. 

anyone knows how they operate when it comes to casting?

The pool for the fall season generally comes from the casting auditions that began last summer. The auditions this spring were for season 20. 

48 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The pool for the fall season generally comes from the casting auditions that began last summer. The auditions this spring were for season 20. 

No I think last year summer was for season 18. Then they started this falls auditions in Jan and February and then this summer they’re doing auditions for season 20.

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Apparently join said voice filming would start in august while promoting his cd. Also the thought is apparently in studio without audience 

https://www.kiis1065.com.au/entertainment/john-legend-says-its-impossible-to-cheat-like-guy-sebastian-on-the-voice-us/

I didn’t hear august. But I think he’s right with the no studio audience 

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

He's been doing a bunch of interviews, this one was saved, but I think August was a different one

Ohh ok well in that case, great! So that means they would have to be working around the clock to be finished. We’re looking at a Early October  date ?

On 7/1/2020 at 11:31 AM, jus.vshn said:

Ohh ok well in that case, great! So that means they would have to be working around the clock to be finished. We’re looking at a Early October  date ?

That would be my guess, if we assume it normally takes 4-5 days of filming to do blinds, a week of prep for battles + 2 days to film them, then similar for the KOs (though maybe it's 2 weeks of KO prep, I forget where I read that but I know it's 1-2 weeks). So before we even get to editing the pre-taped rounds that's at least three weeks of work for the artists even without any other logistical dealings pre-blinds.

49 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Hey guys! I am very new to Idol Forums but have been watching The Voice since Season 13, I love the show! How excited is everyone for Season 19, usually fall seasons have more talent, sorry if it's a boring question i just wanted to get started and make friends as i have few friends that are fellow The Voice fans

Welcome here on IDF!

Ooh I'm excited for Season 19, although TBH not as much as before. Maybe because of the whole pandemic thing going? It just limits the show a lot. But, I think there will be good talents this season, I can feel it, since as you said, fall seasons have greater talents. I do hope so that there won't be a mediocre country guy dominating the show again, I do love Todd, and for me he's not mediocre. But someone like Craig, Jake, etc. just bores me a lot lmao

4 hours ago, moonlighty said:

Hey guys! I am very new to Idol Forums but have been watching The Voice since Season 13, I love the show! How excited is everyone for Season 19, usually fall seasons have more talent, sorry if it's a boring question i just wanted to get started and make friends as i have few friends that are fellow The Voice fans

Welcome! 🙂

3 hours ago, moonlighty said:

I agree, i do love Todd but i want another unique winner like Maelyn, it was a breath of fresh air to have her winning

What’s the point of someone like Maelyn winning when she’s stuck in a crap contract and NOT releasing any music? At this point, I’d rather have someone like Todd win because there are zero career expectations for him.

30 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

You've got a point, it's a shame a show with great singers has had little contestants who actually had success outside of the show, i'd say the biggest rn are Melanie Martinez and Cassadee Pope, but yeah it's sad, she hasn't released music in over a year and is one of the best singers the show had in recent seasons

The biggest is definitely Morgan Wallen who has had two or three number one hits on country

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, B-B said:

The biggest is definitely Morgan Wallen who has had two or three number one hits on country

Melanie has had quite a few hits in pop music so you can't simply compare numbers but she definitely had more success

27 minutes ago, antikid said:

Melanie has had quite a few hits in pop music so you can't simply compare numbers but she definitely had more success

So far, Melanie’s success has been as an album artist. None of her songs have been radio hits. 

17 hours ago, moonlighty said:

I agree, i do love Todd but i want another unique winner like Maelyn, it was a breath of fresh air to have her winning

OMG we Stan the taste!!!! I love that description of Maelyn, it truly was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other winners (and the other finalists), whether others were less refined or more... country.