• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

not some of y'all trying to convince other people your snowflake is better using by all these music theory terms lmao

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

So since production is on schedule and everything seems to be normal.... when can we expect leaks??

None.  There won't be an audience.

5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

That’s not confirmed.

LA County has been one of the hardest-hit regions in the US during this pandemic so I'd assume chances of any leaks is lower than normal given social distancing regulations would shrink the audience anyway.

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

LA County has been one of the hardest-hit regions in the US during this pandemic so I'd assume chances of any leaks is lower than normal given social distancing regulations would shrink the audience anyway.

The Leaker last year didn’t gather the names based off of a person that was in the audience. He didn’t need the Audience to get last couple seasons contestants 

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

The Leaker last year didn’t gather the names based off of a person that was in the audience. He didn’t need the Audience to get last couple seasons contestants 

Could be quick/as soon as the contestants arrive to LA (if we hear when the blinds tape) or could be afterwards.

Last season it was pretty hard and somebody actually tipped me off to Samantha and Joanna as the starting point, whereas in previous seasons I had other contestants to start off of (Will Breman in S17, Lisa Ramey in S16, etc.)

While its not Faith Hill, Celine Dion, or Pink, lmao like they would ever come. Queen Gwen is cool too Despite her ditching Kyndal who could have made the Top 8 at least with better songs.

Hopefully she does a S12 kind of job and knows what to do with her frontrunners(besides that Semifinal disaster with Brennley and Hunter)

• Like 4

LMAO what's with the Gwen hates? I mean yeah I hate her romance show with Blake on The Voice but for me she's a decent coach, and I like her more than Nick tbh.

And remember, she did great with Rose in Season 17, all of Rose's song choices were spot on

• Like 3

Not that I dislike Gwen, but I wish they spiced it up and chose someone new (or at

least JHud or Miley) 

Glad that Nicks gone tho, I don’t think he makes for a very good coach 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ATX29 said:

I wonder if they even tried to get P!nk?

I am disappointed.

Right there with ya.  She would be SO much fun!  

• Like 1

I thought James Taylor could’ve been a possibility to be one of the coaches  tbh, since he was on a lot episodes last season

Hey producers,

Can y'all bring in Lauryn Hill as a battle advisor?

]Lauryn+Hill+Glastonbury+Festival+2019+Da

Edited by Nezz
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Nezz said:

Hey producers,

Can y'all bring in Lauryn Hill as a battle advisor?

]Lauryn+Hill+Glastonbury+Festival+2019+Da

Seconded.

Team Legend would make the most sense genre-wise as a match for the coach, but I feel like her helping Team Gwen would make for better TV. 

17 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

LMAO what's with the Gwen hates? I mean yeah I hate her romance show with Blake on The Voice but for me she's a decent coach, and I like her more than Nick tbh.

And remember, she did great with Rose in Season 17, all of Rose's song choices were spot on

21 hours ago, ATX29 said:

I wonder if they even tried to get P!nk?

I am disappointed.

I do agree P!nk would be an excellent coach, so I hope she's the battle advisor or mega mentor since that'd allow for a lower time commitment as she balances her other projects but still get her on the show since she's fun to watch (remembering from S10 where she came in for a week and was a hoot and a half).

And Gwen's really hit-or-miss with contestants, but when she gets someone who's a strong contender but needs a little nurturing (eg, Rose and her self-confidence blossoming on S17) then she is capable of greatness; if she gets someone where she has no clue how to manage their song choices, then she struggles more. She's also exceptionally good at connecting with contestants during her pitches if she wants to fight for them, which helps her put together teams that are more solid than people expect. 

I think the reason why Gwen did so well with Rose is that Rose could sing literally anything and really connected well with the material. Her performances were always built impeccably and she didn't belt full force through the entire song.. not saying an artist did that week after week on her season or anything

• Haha 2

The thing is, in her four seasons so far, I don´t think Gwen has had anyone that screamed TCO (The only exception might be Hunter, but even if he didn´t decided to sing U2, which is suicide, I don´t think he would have gotten PV). Almost all the coaches had contestants that were endlessly pimped and just screamed "winner" (wheather it worked or not it´s a different story). As good as Rose was last season, she´s not precisely the demo´s cup of tea. Gwen needs the right artist, someone that she knows what to do with and appeals to the audience. 

I’m actually excited to have Gwen back. I’ve liked every season that she’s been on and she always brings at least one really interesting person to the lives. I’d also love to see jhud and Miley come back to have a s13 redo but that probably won’t happen

• Like 1
7 hours ago, antikid said:

didn't belt full force through the entire song.. not saying an artist did that week after week on her season or anything

Hahaha i love it

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

The thing is, in her four seasons so far, I don´t think Gwen has had anyone that screamed TCO (The only exception might be Hunter, but even if he didn´t decided to sing U2, which is suicide, I don´t think he would have gotten PV). Almost all the coaches had contestants that were endlessly pimped and just screamed "winner" (wheather it worked or not it´s a different story). As good as Rose was last season, she´s not precisely the demo´s cup of tea. Gwen needs the right artist, someone that she knows what to do with and appeals to the audience. 

This is so true though, however Hunter is really a huge revelation for many ever since the Battles, then followed by his stellar Knockouts, then there goes that. So, I still prefer Gwen over Nick, but prefers Nick over John all day HAHAHAHA. 

Nick is really good at pitching at contestants, but I really don't like his choices for his artists.

John is just super picky in the Blinds to the point where it is annoying because even if the artist deserves the 4-chair turn, he won't turn just because he wants a SEASONED artist, not the potential lol 😂

Gwen is not that good as pitching as Nick, did not have a TCO like John and Nick, but let's be real, she's just so invested always in her artists, though she makes some bad song choices, but yeah, she's decent enough, she doesn't deserve the hate. 

P.S. The hate I'm saying she's getting is from the social media accounts comments lol

Edited by americanvoice38
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, rp3598 said:

I’m actually excited to have Gwen back. I’ve liked every season that she’s been on and she always brings at least one really interesting person to the lives. I’d also love to see jhud and Miley come back to have a s13 redo but that probably won’t happen

As far as I know, Jennifer's open to returning.  I'm just not sure whether or not Miley is.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, americanvoice38 said:

John is just super picky in the Blinds to the point where it is annoying because even if the artist deserves the 4-chair turn, he won't turn just because he wants a SEASONED artist, not the potential lol 😂

Gwen is not that good as pitching as Nick, did not have a TCO like John and Nick, but let's be real, she's just so invested always in her artists, though she makes some bad song choices, but yeah, she's decent enough, she doesn't deserve the hate.

John has turned for several artists for reasons of potential.  Jacob Maxwell, Talon Cardon, Lisa Ramey, Kayslin Victoria, Will Breman, Zoe Upkins, and Max Boyle are all such cases of potential vs. seasoned.  Season eighteen, though . . . yeah, that was definitely when he went for all seasoned artists.  But at least in seasons sixteen and seventeen, he went for potential and seasoned at the same time.  And let's not forget that Rose was the epitome of seasoned, and he didn't turn for her.

Gwen isn't always the best at pitches, but they definitely got better in season twelve.  Her pitches to JChosen, Troy Ramey, Brandon Royal, Stephanie Rice, Savannah Leighton, and Hunter Plake (both in the Blinds and the Battles) were spot-on.  And in season seventeen, she went hard for Rose Short, Jake HaldenVang, Brennen Henson, Kyndal Inskeep, and Calvin Lockett with stellar pitches).  Even some of the artists she didn't win over in those seasons got some pretty strong pitches from her.  I look forward to seeing if she's kept on working on them going into season nineteen.

In S17, who they pimped on Gwen's team was weird. It seemed they were going for Kyndal, Jake and Rose as her Top 3 in the prelives then they completely bussed Jake and as well as Rose did with the song choice it was kinda a bus for her. Uptempo, going first, giving the person who is most similar to her on that team a really good song later on. I thought they wanted Joanna to go forward with Kyndal cause Gwen kept talking about wanting to work with a young girl during Blinds. However, Kyndal crashed and burned in the Playoffs and Joanna next week for they went for Rose by default

• Like 3
6 hours ago, antikid said:

In S17, who they pimped on Gwen's team was weird. It seemed they were going for Kyndal, Jake and Rose as her Top 3 in the prelives then they completely bussed Jake and as well as Rose did with the song choice it was kinda a bus for her. Uptempo, going first, giving the person who is most similar to her on that team a really good song later on. I thought they wanted Joanna to go forward with Kyndal cause Gwen kept talking about wanting to work with a young girl during Blinds. However, Kyndal crashed and burned in the Playoffs and Joanna next week for they went for Rose by default

😭😭 That would have been perfect 

I like Gwen but what they did with my favourite rocker ever on the show was disgusting... 

7 hours ago, antikid said:

I agree they were going for Kyndal as her TCO at first. I mean, she was Gwen´s only block ,and had two pimp spots, one on the premiere for that matter. Her song choice on the Playoffs really seemed to fit her as well, but nerves got the best of her, and her support wasn´t as strong as we thought.  

Rose was the clear second choice, but I don´t know what they were thinking with her playoffs song. Then again , it actually did her a favor, since she showed versatility. And with Kyndal gone, they went  for her as the Team Gwen frontrunner, hence she closed the show the following week.

Unpopular opinion but still to this day I thought Myracle deserved that save. She was stunning. 

I had a feeling Joanna was seen as fodder by TPTB, but she surprised everyone and got through. So TPTB took it personal and the next week gave her song that would start her downfall.

As for Jake, that was merciless. An Adele song, like......... I can´t.

But overall, Gwen had a fantastic top 3 in s17, but Joanna was plagued with bad song choices, and Myracle was inexplicably eliminated in T11 after giving one of the best performances of the night.

• Like 2