The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

TPTB will probably push for a Gwen win, but she’ll need someone like Sawyer or Jordan to make that happen.

In fact, I can’t see someone else other than Blake or Kelly winning this show at this point (hopefully I’m wrong).

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daillon said:

In fact, I can’t see someone else other than Blake or Kelly winning this show at this point (hopefully I’m wrong).

Anyone can actually win, it's just up to TBTP on who will they push for that win.

Gwen, yeah you're right, she needs someone that screams a WINNER from the very start, Rose's kinda late bloomer, which blew her chances (and an african-american queen never wins, screw you TBTP). 

John, on the other hand, needs a Queen Maelyn to win another crown, which I doubt will have because Maelyn is Maelyn, and she is a QUEEN.

But tbh, I can see them pushing for an African-American Diva to win this time, because of the BLM movement and all, and if they do that, I wouldn't mind at all, it so TIME.

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Anyone can actually win, it's just up to TBTP on who will they push for that win.

Gwen, yeah you're right, she needs someone that screams a WINNER from the very start, Rose's kinda late bloomer, which blew her chances (and an african-american queen never wins, screw you TBTP). 

John, on the other hand, needs a Queen Maelyn to win another crown, which I doubt will have because Maelyn is Maelyn, and she is a QUEEN.

But tbh, I can see them pushing for an African-American Diva to win this time, because of the BLM movement and all, and if they do that, I wouldn't mind at all, it so TIME.

The show’s audience is the one in charge of choosing the winner, not the producers. Kennedy was pushed hard by TPTB, and on top of that she obliterated the other three on finale night, and she still ended up 4th, so I think the power of the producers is overestimated.

And knowing the audience of this show, it’s safe to assume that an AA woman won’t ever win this show.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Daillon said:

And knowing the audience of this show, it’s safe to assume that an AA woman won’t ever win this

Yeah but don't lose hope cause anything is possible! Let's just hope for it.

Toneisha got surprising 2nd place last season, and she's not even that strong, so yeah let's see

• Like 1

3 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Toneisha got surprising 2nd place last season, and she's not even that strong, so yeah let's see

Toneisha got that far piggybacking off the story of her sick son, combined with the overwhelmingly, disgustingly powerful Team Blake fanbase boost.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Had she been with John, Kelly, or Nick, I doubt she would've tasted second place.

• Like 2

If they want an AA woman to win the show they have to be on Blake's team. Kelly's country artists are seen as more unique than they'd be if they were with Blake. The same goes for Blake's divas. Highly unlikely that they'd want another Blake win. They might want John to win with an AA. I think that seems likely with everything that's happening

• Like 4

I agree on all of you, it might be really hard for an AA woman to win on the show. But, thinking about what's happening right now, I'd bet that they'd want an AA woman to win, and I know for sure they'd push that hard.

To be perfectly honest, they did not pushed Kennedy to win that much, she's got really bad song choices at some point in the lives, in the semis, she's got a really bad partner, the robe girl 😂. They also did not highlight her that much in the pre-lives shows, her battle being a montage, her knockout being in the middle in the last night of Knockouts. But this is just my opinion

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, americanvoice38 said:

I agree on all of you, it might be really hard for an AA woman to win on the show. But, thinking about what's happening right now, I'd bet that they'd want an AA woman to win, and I know for sure they'd push that hard.

To be perfectly honest, they did not pushed Kennedy to win that much, she's got really bad song choices at some point in the lives, in the semis, she's got a really bad partner, the robe girl 😂. They also did not highlight her that much in the pre-lives shows, her battle being a montage, her knockout being in the middle in the last night of Knockouts. But this is just my opinion

Kennedy´s blind was leaked like 2 weeks prior to the blinds if i´m correct, but yeah, she wasn´t that highlighted in pre lives. I have a feeling that TPTB wanted to hide her for a while to "keep the audience waiting" or something like  that ,since she was really hyped. They did the same thing with Kirk, another frontrunner. 

But apart from T10 week and her T8 pairing,  she recieved great songs throughout the lives, she got 3 pimp spots, more than anyone else that season, including an almost consecutive one (Playoffs and T11) which has never happened before. And that heavy package she got in the finale was TPTB going all in to make her finish at least 3rd, and she killed it, but it didn´t work out. They definitely pushed for her.

And yes, I agree that with everything that´s happening, and adding the criticism that The Voice has recieved for its silence (even from past contestants), they are probably going to push for an AA to win this season.

Edited by Misirlou

12 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah but don't lose hope cause anything is possible! Let's just hope for it.

I actually think she got 2nd place because people perceived her as "not that strong," more specifically because she's not easily labelled as a screamer, like some people might say about Kyla, Alisan, Kymberli, and to some extent (but not nearly as much), Rose. Because of her seemingly underwhelming voice, she attracted more of the people who would call Kyla a screamer, while maintaining the support of those who liked Kyla in the past because she is the most similar in style to Kyla this season.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 2:58 AM, antikid said:

In S17, who they pimped on Gwen's team was weird. It seemed they were going for Kyndal, Jake and Rose as her Top 3 in the prelives then they completely bussed Jake and as well as Rose did with the song choice it was kinda a bus for her. Uptempo, going first, giving the person who is most similar to her on that team a really good song later on. I thought they wanted Joanna to go forward with Kyndal cause Gwen kept talking about wanting to work with a young girl during Blinds. However, Kyndal crashed and burned in the Playoffs and Joanna next week for they went for Rose by default

I never saw Rose’s PO song as a bus. Just because it was uptempo doesn’t mean she was going home. Going into the night, she was clearly in the t2 so they probably didn’t need to go all out with a ballad for her but she and Joana were the clear t2 of the night still after the performances.

• Like 1

Idk, I feel that this season Kelly will win again, I have that feeling, as much as they want to make Gwen win, otherwise I don't see why they brought her back, they tried somehow in season 17 with some of their artists but it didn't work out, and Blake already won the previous season. And John might be, but if he came in third with Katie Kadan, he's really going to need another Maelyn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Idk, I feel that this season Kelly will win again, I have that feeling, as much as they want to make Gwen win, otherwise I don't see why they brought her back, they tried somehow in season 17 with some of their artists but it didn't work out, and Blake already won the previous season. And John might be, but if he came in third with Katie Kadan, he's really going to need another Maelyn.

We´ll need to see the contestants first, because a strong contestant can be able to bring victory to coach that might not be that liked by the demo , like Maelyn with John, or Jordan with Adam. 

And at this point, predictions before the season start don´t age well 😂, remember everyone thought Kelly would be the only one shut out of the finale in S17 after seeing the pre lives spoilers and she ended up winning.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We´ll need to see the contestants first, because a strong contestant can be able to bring victory to coach that might not be that liked by the demo , like Maelyn with John, or Jordan with Adam. 

And at this point, predictions before the season start don´t age well 😂, remember everyone thought Kelly would be the only one shut out of the finale in S17 after seeing the pre lives spoilers and she ended up winning.

Can’t wait till we get some spoilers!

On 6/17/2020 at 11:58 PM, antikid said:

In S17, who they pimped on Gwen's team was weird. It seemed they were going for Kyndal, Jake and Rose as her Top 3 in the prelives then they completely bussed Jake and as well as Rose did with the song choice it was kinda a bus for her. Uptempo, going first, giving the person who is most similar to her on that team a really good song later on. I thought they wanted Joanna to go forward with Kyndal cause Gwen kept talking about wanting to work with a young girl during Blinds. However, Kyndal crashed and burned in the Playoffs and Joanna next week for they went for Rose by default

Nah, Rose did THAT. :wub:

Honestly one of the most underrated performances of the season imo.

• Like 6

It seems NBC Universal's reopening plans are very conservative and gradual. It could be awhile until there are productions actually filming on the lot considering that they are only planning to have a couple hundred people come back initially. I'm impressed that the studio was able to manufacture Covid-19 protective gear (masks, hand sanitizer, and a multi-tool to press buttons, open doors, etc.) for thousands of people not only for their Hollywood campus, but Orlando and NYC as well. I'm not expecting the new TV season to begin when it usually does given where studios are at right now with reopening.

Currently, according to individuals familiar with planning at the Jeff Shell-run company, the vast majority of the 10,000 staffers who usually work at NBCU’s West Coast complex will continue to do their jobs remotely for the time being. There are no imminent efforts to bring more than a couple of hundred people back to the lot. At the same time,  I hear there are hopes that the adjacent Universal Studios Theme Park will reopening later this summer – with a July date optimistically anticipated.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/hollywood-coronavirus-nbcuniversal-studio-lot-production-tests-safety-measures-comcast-1202962093/

3 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

It seems NBC Universal's reopening plans are very conservative and gradual. It could be awhile until there are productions actually filming on the lot considering that they are only planning to have a couple hundred people come back initially. I'm impressed that the studio was able to manufacture Covid-19 protective gear (masks, hand sanitizer, and a multi-tool to press buttons, open doors, etc.) for thousands of people not only for their Hollywood campus, but Orlando and NYC as well. I'm not expecting the new TV season to begin when it usually does given where studios are at right now with reopening.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/hollywood-coronavirus-nbcuniversal-studio-lot-production-tests-safety-measures-comcast-1202962093/

According to the article the first group they’re bringing back includes camera people, basically the hardest jobs to do remotely. Sort of sounded as if they’re gearing up to return to production sooner then later. Pushing back the fall means losing ad revenue.

4 hours ago, jus.vshn said:

The latest the fall season could start is mid October 

They could start with 40 again and then remove either battles or knockouts. Then after that round (with one steal), there would be a t24. If they want to throw a save in there also, we could do another 4-way KO and have a t25 which would then go to a t13 the following week like usual. We then end up starting the POs 2 weeks early and the smaller teams means one less week of blinds. So, the latest I think they could delay the season would be by 3 weeks but I assume they’ll try to start on time.

I don't know, is it just me or I'd rather see The Voice delay BUT have the full experience, not rushing or short season rather than have another rush/short season. It's just so unappealing to many when they're doing the short season stuff

On 6/20/2020 at 7:18 PM, anonymouskid_35 said:

I don't know, is it just me or I'd rather see The Voice delay BUT have the full experience, not rushing or short season rather than have another rush/short season. It's just so unappealing to many when they're doing the short season stuff

They could just lower the amount of people per team so that it’s not as long if they need to delay and then everything else would be the same

2 hours ago, rp3598 said:

They could just lower the amount of people per team so that it’s not as long if they need to delay and then everything else would be the same

Let's say they have ten per team for a top 40 which nets ~6 BA episodes, then 20 battles with two episodes that have 7 and one that has 6 gets three battle episodes (assume a steal and a save again like the last two seasons), 14 KOs with 7 on night one and 6 + the 4-way KO for the saves on night two, and that amounts to a total of 11 pre--lives episodes with time for a recap on the Tuesday night following the battles. So six weeks pre-lives assuming we start on Sept. 28, which matches previous patterns of the show starting on the fourth Monday in September, nets us the lives starting on November 9 with a top 17 again.

November 9: Top 17 --> Top 13 

November 16: Top 13 --> Top 11

November 23: Top 11 --> Top 10

November 30: Top 10 --> Top 8/Semifinals

December 7: Semifinals --> Top 4/Finale

December 14: Finale --> Victor crowned on Dec. 15.

The furthest they could push it and keep a similar cut list to last fall while still finishing before Christmas would be Oct. 5, but if they cut from 11 to 8 they could wait until Oct. 12 to start and they'd be done on Dec. 22 while still having five weeks of live shows. 

You know the saying, don't go borrowing trouble? NBC isn't going to want to shorten the Fall TV season, because that costs them ad revenue. The voice spring season was fewer nights, but that's because they had other original programming. So since NBC didn't announce any other programming to interfere for the fall seasons, my guess is they will try to do a normal number of nights, because otherwise they're costing themselves money. 

• Like 1