Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

maxresdefault.jpg

ritual-g1.gif

The Ritual is a movie that I am not familar with, as it is a horror movie and my knowledge is very limited when it comes to that genre. This movie is inspired by a book of the same name - it revolves around 5 university friends who goes on a trip. But the trip doesn't really happen as one of the friend is murdered - the one who passed away suggested to go on a hike in Sweden but the idea was refused. Following his passing, the friends decide to go to hike in Sweden in his memory - they experienced different events including finding themselves in a cellar, where they are somewhat involved in a sacrifice which is what I assume inspired the name of the movie/book. Anyway, I am sure people who enjoys supernatural horror film would like this one but I am not one of those people & I am cutting the movie.

SAVING: FROZEN 2

Set It Up

tumblr_palv3vnb1x1r9dn83o5_500.gifv

I've seen this movie on Netflix while browsing but I have never watched it. Oops. Set It Up was released on Netflix in 2018. So it's a Netflix Original. It's an American romantic comedy film directed by Claire Scanlon and written by Katie Silberman. The film film stars Zoey Deutch, Glen Powell, Taye Diggs, and Lucy Liu. The movie follows Harper Moore (Zoey) who is Kirsten's assistant (Lucy) and Charlie Young (Glen) who is Rick's assistant (Taye). They are two overworked assistants who try to set up their demanding bosses up. I'm sure in the process they fall for each other as well. The film received good reviews with a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes and the director has said that she has ideas for a possible sequel should Netflix schedule one. I might give it a try if I can't find anything to watch on Netflix but for now it leaves the rankdown.

Save: Brave

ROMAN J. ISRAEL, ESQ. (2017)

giphy.gif

Another movie with a really annoying title. All I know about this movie is it produced another Academy Award nomination for the incomparable Denzel Washington...besides that, let's do a little learning! This movie was released in 2017 and it falls under the "legal drama" genre. I actually enjoy a good courtroom drama, so maybe I should watch this. It centers around the story of a defense lawyer, played by Denzel, whose life is turned upside down when his boss/mentor, who was a noted civil rights icon, dies suddenly. Ouch, this movie didn't even come close to breaking even - it grossed only $13 million against its $22 million budget, and it received middling reviews too. I've never heard anyone talking about this movie before - if anyone's seen it and think it's worth watching, especially in this climate. Let me know! Either way, it feels like a good cut imo.

Saving: Les Miserables

Dumplin’

220px-Dumplin_film_poster.jpg

Alright. Sasha's not appearing on NXT for a while, so I have time to do this write up. This movie came out in 2018. The director is Anne Fletcher. It is based off of a book of the same name written by Julie Murphy. The only two stars I recognize are Jennifer Aniston and Bex Taylor Klaus. It is a comedy, so I already do not feel particularly bad about cutting it. It seems to have fairly decent reviews. It is not revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination. However, it does what is sets out to do. Basically they do a good enough job on the core and make it just different enough that it is enjoyable. (instead of just stale and repetitive) 

Saving Guardians of the Galaxy II

The Muppets

Never cared about The Muppets (and that's kinda obvious tbh, they are not really a thing outside of the states lol), so I was never really interested in watching this movie. So, time to familiarize myself with this. It was released in 2011, and was directed by James Bobin, and written by Jason Segel and Nicholas Stoller. Segel also stars on the movie, along with Amy Adams (oops sorry Andy), Chris Cooper, and Rashida Jones, along with the people that voice the Muppets on the show. The plot is that Segel and Adams' characters help Kermit reunite the Muppets to stop the demolition of Muppet Theater (is this actually a thing?) bc a suit wants to drill for oil. Anyway, good job getting this far.

Save: Monsters U

7 hours ago, .Rei said:

I nearly feel asleep at the movies while watching The Great Gatsby. This is one of the few movies that I really wanted gone this round 😔

The book was a sleep aid when I read it in high school, but it has Young and Beautiful in the soundtrack so it deserves to stay for that. :haha: 

CRAWL

Film_poster_for_the_2011_Australian_horr

Crawl is a 2011 Australian thriller film that written, produced and directed by brothers Paul and Benjamin China. Their debut feature, the film stars George Shevtsov, Georgina Haig and Paul Holmes. The film is about a seedy bar owner who hires a mysterious Croatian to commit murder. However, a planned double-crossing backfires when a young waitress is taken hostage. It has a runtime of 80 minutes, was filmed in Queensland, Australia, and has received generally positive reviews from critics, as evidenced by its 63% ration at Rotten Tomatoes. One review commented that it was a gritty, horror-esque version of No Country for Old Man, while other reviews praised its slow burn. 

SAVE: The film with the hot guy