Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

tumblr_pdk52ypi6d1r983tho4_500.gifv

Barney's Version

I love a Paul Giamatti but in a round with A LOT of good movies, this was an easy choice to make to cut. Barney's Version tells the story of Barney, a man who went through three marriages and his deteriorating relationship with each wife (Rachelle Lefevre, Minnie Driver, and Rosamund Pike) as well as his own memory. The movie was pretty well-received when it came out and Paul Giamatti's performance in particular had a lot of buzz. In fact I really only know this movie as "the one where Paul Giammati is really good that's not Sideways or Cinderella Man." LOL. I mean he's just a great actor. Am I secretly a Paul Giamatti fan girl? Please let a quick google search reveal nothing bad about him. Okay. I think I'm in the clear. Anyway, a good movie worth watching but like I said an easy one to cut from this group of nominations. 

Save: Logan Lucky

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Phillip Morris is one of m my faves :broken:

I also love this movie. But also one of the worst movie going experiences I've ever had because I saw it at the Indie theater in my college and a HETEROSEXUAL COUPLE decided to dance when Steven and Phillip dance and it killed me. That's why I am now dead inside.

• Haha 2

CYRUS (2010)

site_28_rand_990431701_cyrus_large.gif?i

Jk I saw Gillian Jacobs was in Don't Think Twice and I adore her (as well as Keegan Michael Key) so I am going to cut the 2010 British-American comedy movie Cyrus instead. It also has a much lower RT score, and while critics ratings don't mean everything, they typically hold some weight to me. Anyways...Cyrus is a movie about a man who has been divorced for seven years. This man meets a woman and he begins to fall in love with her. Then he is introduced to her crazy son, played by Jonah Hill, who is super possessive of his mother and this presents a road block in the new relationship that is developing. Sounds like it could be an alright movie but it doesn't really interest me. I enjoy the cast, John C Reilly is fun as well as Catherine Keener. I'm sure they did a great job!

Saving: Looper

Evil Dead

I was completely honest when I said I know shit about horror as a film. I sometimes stumble into a movie in the genre that I like but still, it's not a genre I seek out. So on that note, out goes Evil Dead. This movie is part of the franchise of the same name (it's actually the fourth movie in the franchise) and is a soft reboot. After reading about the plot, the basic of what I'm getting is: a group a friends decide to go to cabin in the woods to help one of the group to recover with addiction, possessions and demons get involved thanks to a dumbass reading a book, and chaos, death and demonic stuff happens. Not my thing just based on what I saw, but eh who knows?

Save: Shame