Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

18 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

So........ who's gonna be the one to pull the trigged on Baby Driver now :(. Way too hard to "separate the art from the artist" with that cast now :dead:.

If it came out before my noms, I would have nominated it. 

Having people in two starring roles be awful is tough. 

MANDELA: LONG WALK TO FREEDOM

220px-Mandela_-_Long_Walk_to_Freedom_ZA_

Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom is a 2013 biographical film. It was directed by Justin Chadwic, written by William Nicholson and starred Idris Elba and Naomie Harris. As evidenced by the title, the film is based on the 1995 autobiographical book Long Walk to Freedom by Nelson Mandela. The book (and thus, the film) chronicles his early life, coming of age, education and the twenty-seven years he spent in prison before becoming President of South Africa and working to rebuild the country's once segregated society. It was made on a budget of $35 million, but only grossed $27.3 million at the box office, and has a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes.

SAVE: Louder than Bombs

All the Money in the World

Im finishing stuff from work so I will make this as quickly as I can. It’s a crime film, and if you remember what I said pretty much all throughout the tv rankdown: it’s just not a topic that appeals to me. Kinda like horror, sometimes I stumble into something I like, but most of the time Im eh. Anyway. this was released in 2017, was directed by Ridley Scott, and starred Michelle  Williams, Christopher Plummer, Mark Wahlberg, and Romain Duris.

The movie is based on Painfully Rich: The Outrageous Fortunes and Misfortunes of the Heirs of J. Paul Getty. Basic idea: grandson gets kidnapped and the extremely wealthy grandparent refuses to cooperate with the kidnappers. I hope this is 100 bc gtg

57 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

I think I remember that movie now.

Wasn't Christopher Plummer a sudden recast? (like they refilmed the scenes) I think another actor was revealed to be trash. 

Yes. 

K.SPacey 

Edited by *Chris

14 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Hope everything is all right with your cats!

JR's fine. His third eyelid just won't retract so I took him in to make sure everything's okay since he's already blind, but the vet doesn't think there's any cause for concern since he had no symptoms of anything and nothing showed up in the two tests they did. He's just old.

13 minutes ago, Elliott said:

JR's fine. His third eyelid just won't retract so I took him in to make sure everything's okay since he's already blind, but the vet doesn't think there's any cause for concern since he had no symptoms of anything and nothing showed up in the two tests they did. He's just old.

That's good to hear! I'm glad everything is all right. 

Cycle 5 ~Civil War~

latest?cb=20160902234223

It's time to square off into teams! You will each randomly be assigned into two competing teams. Together, you will come up with a list of 20 nominees and one of you will pm them to me. I will then post the 20 nominees from both teams in this thread and the public will have 24 hours to decide which group they would like to see nominated. After 24 hours of voting, all ten of you will be able to cut and save from that list. The previous round's nominees are off limits along with the still immune films. Remember, this cycle is the last cycle your immunities are good for. But we still have more to do this cycle after this! Advantages will be coming into play very soon.

Here are the teams:

Ok1VNZb.png

Team 1: @*Chris @#jeah @Deeee @.Rei @aliasocfan

Team 2: @NGM @1234567890 @Steven_ @totes4totes @Elliott

I won't give you 24 hours since deciding on nominations amongst five of you may take some time, but please pm me with your decisions as soon as you're ready and try not to take forever!

Edited by Alex95