Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

LITTLE (2019)

Little is a 2019 comedy/fantasy movie that stars Regina Hall, Issa Rae, and Marsai Martin. It grossed $49 million off of its $20 million budget, so I’d say that it was a financial success though not a huge one. The story revolves around a woman who was bullied as a child but becomes the head of a tech company and starts treating everyone else in the company like complete and utter garbage. She probably had a come to Jesus moment somewhere in the movie and decides to be nice to everyone and then they all live happily ever after. I haven’t seen the movie but the plot on Wiki kind of implied that that happens. Anyways out it goes from this rankdown, sorry if anyone likes this movie!

Save: BFG

Nominations

1. Everything Must Go

2. Greenberg

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I

4. The Adventures of TinTin

5. Damsels in Distress

6. Silver Linings Playbook

7. Don Jon

8. Drinking Buddies

9. Honeymoon

10. Maps to the Stars

11. 42

12. The Danish Girl

13. Joy

14. The Man from U.N.C.L.E.

15. Bad Moms

16. Deepwater Horizon

17. Nocturnal Animals

18. The Mule

THE MULE

zZ1ZSFCBB4iiA6MEOaZxHJX214soedvkqwRHGB58

Eliminating The Mule was a hasty decision in order to save Silver Linings Playbook as fast as possible. All I know about The Mule is that it's a Clint Eastwood film, but let me see what Wikipedia has to say about it. This film is inspired by a true story of how a World War II veteran became a drug courier. Desperate for money, the character Earl Stone becomes a mule to transport illegal drugs to Mexico. And due to his age and spotless record, he is able to get away with it. And since he's a reliable choice for a mule, his cargo increases too. He earns the money he needs, but his actions eventually catch up to him by the end of the movie. Spoiler alert, but he ends up getting arrested and sent to prison. Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 70% approval rating and says, "A flawed yet enjoyable late-period Eastwood entry, The Mule stubbornly retains its footing despite a few missteps on its occasionally unpredictable path." I'm sure Clint Eastwood delivers a great performance, but this isn't a film that appeals to me. Sorry to any fans, but out goes The Mule from the rankdown.

And I'm saving Silver Linings Playbook.

a5beead75d304fcec9b4c28c76fee91d.gif

The Adventures of TinTin

200.gif

I've heard of this movie but I have never had a desire to see it. I was going to nominate last round so this makes it an easy choice to eliminate so thank you @totes4totes. The Adventures of Tintin was released 2011 and is a 3D computer-animated action-adventure film based on Belgian cartoonist Hergé's comic book series of the same name. The film was produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. It was co-produced by Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy and written by Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish. The movie stars the voice talent of Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. The use of motion capture is used for this film. The movie follows the reporter Tintin, his dog Snowy and their accomplice Captain Haddlock as they search for the treasure of the Unicorn which is a ship captained by Haddock's ancestor Sir Francis Haddock. The plot of this movie does not appeal to me at all. The movie was distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film received positive reviews with a 74% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It was the first motion-captured animated film (as well as the first non-Pixar animated film) to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film. A sequel was announced to be directed by Peter Jackson but has been stuck in limbo since its announcement. Whether it's get made or not; I don't care.

Save: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I

db3ghwq-aa32d608-f532-486a-a15f-9ad737e9a3ed.png

Out of the movies nominated, I felt the most comfortable cutting this movie as I've never seen it or heard of it. But I am somewhat regretting this decision knowing that Noah Baumbach was involved in the creation of the movie with the help of his then spouse, Jennifer Jason Leigh. The movie stars Ben Stiller, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Brie Larson, Rhys Ifans, Merritt Weaver, Chris Messina, and Greta Gerwig - honestly, that cast is fabulous & I would watch the movie just for them. Onto the movie now - it follows Florence Marr, portrayed by Greta, who works for the Greenbergs. And while they are on vacation, Roger played by Ben is expected to be staying in the house - we find out that he was released from hospital after a nervous breakdown.  Essentially, the point of the movie seems that Florence & Roger have a bond - you can watch the movie to find out more about their bond. 

Anyway, the movie was essentially a flop at the box office where it grossed $7 million against their budget of $25 million. However, the respond to the movie was positive - their score on Rotten Tomatoes is 76% but the audience score is 42%; And on Metacritic, the score is 76 with a mixed reception from the audience. 

SAVING: THE DANISH GIRL

Edited by *Chris

1 hour ago, 1234567890 said:

The Adventures of TinTin

200.gif

I've heard of this movie but I have never had a desire to see it. I was going to nominate last round so this makes it an easy choice to eliminate so thank you @totes4totes. The Adventures of Tintin was released 2011 and is a 3D computer-animated action-adventure film based on Belgian cartoonist Hergé's comic book series of the same name. The film was produced and directed by Steven Spielberg. It was co-produced by Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy and written by Steven Moffat, Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish. The movie stars the voice talent of Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Daniel Craig, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg. The use of motion capture is used for this film. The movie follows the reporter Tintin, his dog Snowy and their accomplice Captain Haddlock as they search for the treasure of the Unicorn which is a ship captained by Haddock's ancestor Sir Francis Haddock. The plot of this movie does not appeal to me at all. The movie was distributed by Paramount Pictures. The film received positive reviews with a 74% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. It was the first motion-captured animated film (as well as the first non-Pixar animated film) to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Animated Feature Film. A sequel was announced to be directed by Peter Jackson but has been stuck in limbo since its announcement. Whether it's get made or not; I don't care.

Save: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I

The only other movie I wanted to save :( 

Joy

Joyfilmposter.jpg

anigif_original-grid-image-2249-14525499

I feel kinda bad cutting this movie cause it seems that all Edgar Ramirez movies are being cut and I don't want that to keep happening. But then again this movie doesn't seem to be all that great so my love for Edgar won't stop me from doing the right thing. Joy is a 2015 biographical comedy drama film based on the life of Joy Mangano, a struggling Long Island single mom who became one of the country's most successful entrepreneurs. The cast of the film included: Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Edgar Ramirez, Bradley Cooper, Diane Ladd, Virginia Madsen and Isabella Rossellini. The movie made $101M on the box office against a budge of $60M. The movie received mixed reviews from critics and currently holds a Tomatoscore of 60% and a Metascore of 56/100. Maybe I would watch it someday to see  Edgar's performance so maybe then I would all tell you about if it is a good movie or not. 

Saving Don Jon

20wv.gif

2 hours ago, totes4totes said:

Did y’all not read my TWO write ups where I mentioned I HATE Bradley Cooper!!!

I’m just surprised your hate for Bradley Cooper outweighs your love for Jennifer Lawrence.