Will AI18 resume production when it is safe to do so?

CandiceFan12

Will AI18 resume production when it is safe to do so?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will AI18 resume production when it is safe to do so?

• Yes, when it is safe to do so
    • No, the season is cancelled

i believe Ryan Seacrest when he says they figured it out, and they have. there is a twist coming that they announced and i believe that. the rest of the stuff that's posted on here is fake news.

Maybe if this doesn't resolve soon 'Season 4' can just be a whole season devoted to the current Top 20? Assuming a 14 week season once again like this season was supposed to be, they could do...

Week 1-Review of ~7 of the Top 20's journey so far

Week 2-Review of ~7 of the Top 20's journey so far

Week 3-Review of ~6 of the Top 20's joruney so far

Week 4-Celebrity Duets

Week 5-Top 20 Solos

Week 6-Top 14

Week 7-Top 12

Week 8-Top 10

Week 9- Top 9

Week 8-Top 8

Week 9-Top 7

Week 10-Top 6

Week 11-Top 5

Week 12-Top 4

Week 13-Top 3

Week 14-Finale

We could finally have a full-legnth season if they chose to do this?

Edited by redwood79
forgot something

10 hours ago, wgm said:

i believe Ryan Seacrest when he says they figured it out, and they have. there is a twist coming that they announced and i believe that. the rest of the stuff that's posted on here is fake news.

:yawn: 

1 hour ago, Starry_Night said:

It says ABC already has unscripted shows shot they can air.  If something like The Bachelor Listen To Your Heart takes off, Idol could be history.  The Bachelor franchise is big for ABC and it is a lot cheaper to produce.   For Idol, Katy may not want to come back.  And they would be stupid to enforce any contract with anyone who is pregnant and chose to stay home with her baby.

45 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It says ABC already has unscripted shows shot they can air.  If something like The Bachelor Listen To Your Heart takes off, Idol could be history.  The Bachelor franchise is big for ABC and it is a lot cheaper to produce.   For Idol, Katy may not want to come back.  And they would be stupid to enforce any contract with anyone who is pregnant and chose to stay home with her baby.

but the live shows is literally 3hrs per week and she lives 30mins away, i'm sure if they move ahead with lives after this pandemic it wouldn't be a problem

9 minutes ago, holinessss said:

but the live shows is literally 3hrs per week and she lives 30mins away, i'm sure if they move ahead with lives after this pandemic it wouldn't be a problem

There's also all the press they need to do.  Katy may just not want to do it.  She doesn't need the money or exposure.  She's in her mid-30's, this will be her first baby.  Time for herself. 

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Mytake1, you have yet to add ANYTHING positive about this situation. Why are you even here if you are trying to ruin peoples hopes??

It's being realistic.  Because there are still those who insists it's all a hoax - and in turn putting out wrong information.

If people's hopes are "ruined" because of Idol, they need to check themselves.  It's just a TV show. 

9 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It's being realistic.  Because there are still those who insists it's all a hoax - and in turn putting out wrong information.

If people's hopes are "ruined" because of Idol, they need to check themselves.  It's just a TV show. 

It's only been suspended right now. Not canceled. I think that's where some people are disagreeing with your posts. The show can start back up when it's safe to do so. I do think this all depends how long this goes on & everything is shut down. But I wouldn't say right now it's likely this season will be canceled.

14 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

It's only been suspended right now. Not canceled. I think that's where some people are disagreeing with your posts. The show can start back up when it's safe to do so. I do think this all depends how long this goes on & everything is shut down. But I wouldn't say right now it's likely this season will be canceled.

Yeah.  I still think the show will return, but nowhere near as early as wgm seems to think.  He’s a victim of wishful thinking, if anyone here is one.  I think it’ll return in the summer, at the earliest.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

I NEVER said it was cancelled - that it was done, period.   But nobody here can say FOR SURE the show will be back. Things change all the time.

As the Deadline article pointed out,  Idol is not going to leave a hole in ABC's schedule, since they already have unscripted shows that have been shot to back fill behind.

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

I NEVER said it was cancelled - that it was done, period.   But nobody here can say FOR SURE the show will be back. Things change all the time.

As the Deadline article pointed out,  Idol is not going to leave a hole in ABC's schedule, since they already have unscripted shows that have been shot to back fill behind.

So you are saying that you WANT scripted shows to take the place of Idol?????

23 minutes ago, m1key said:

So you are saying that you WANT scripted shows to take the place of Idol?????

HUH???  I was quoting what the article said about UNSCRIPTED (Not Scripted) shows ABC already has in the can to back fill behind Idol.

5 hours ago, mytake1 said:

No, nobody here can say for sure that the show will be back, but I’m hoping that it will, and you’re sounding very pessimistic about it resuming production.

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

No, nobody here can say for sure that the show will be back, but I’m hoping that it will, and you’re sounding very pessimistic about it resuming production.

But it's ok when people insists the whole thing is hoax, etc.  Please.

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

But it's ok when people insists the whole thing is hoax, etc.  Please.

No, it isn’t.  I don’t think the whole thing’s a hoax, and wgm is guilty of wishful thinking to think otherwise.  I just think they’ll resume production, if not for a couple of months.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

On 3/25/2020 at 8:33 PM, Carrie_On said:

I noticed Idol’s FB changed their cover picture to say Sundays and not Sundays and Mondays, so I think they’re trying to drag the next two episodes out into two weeks and then go from there. 

I'm not so sure about that. These episodes were originally supposed to be a single 3-hour episode, but when they decided to nix the live episodes, they split it into two 2-hour episodes. 

As to the original question, it depends on how long it takes to be safe. I've identified a few potential scenarios.

The optimist's scenario: the self-quarantine works and the humid weather of summer really does hurt this thing. By the time summer officially starts in late June, we'll be back out in the world. They'll gather the Idols back to Hollywood and crown a champion in August, and be back on the road in October looking for Season 19's auditioners (minus Katy, who will be having her baby and will at best only be able to rejoin them for the live shows. Hopefully they use Idol alumni as guest judges.)

The pessimist's scenario: COVID-19 wipes out the rest of 2020. Season 19 auditions are never run, so the producers will have to try to cobble up an entire season with the Season 18 Top 20. Fortuitously, if they were to follow the elimination patterns of the FOX era, they'd actually pretty much get to their episode count goal. Though the idea of single eliminations starting that early is scary. Maybe just winnow it down to 14 the same way they did last year and then go 1 at a time; it'd only be one extra finalist over S10, which likewise had the proper set of episodes with no forced save usage. 

The glass half-full scenario: AKA the worst of both worlds. The quarantine lifts in time for S19 auditions to run on schedule, but not in time for S18 to be run first. The producers, who continue to be under the mistaken belief that the audition shows are what viewers clamor for, will show them at a normal pace, then squeeze two seasons' worth of contestants into one season's time.