Television Shows Rankdown

Steven_

Big Brother

So I know Big Brother, or Big Bother as I like to think of it, has its fair share of fans but we are getting into the top 100 and I consider this show low-hanging fruit, so I didn't mind cutting it. Why? Well I like to write and back in the day I came up with an idea of for a mystery where a murder happens in a house full of contestants in an Idol -like singing show. To get a better picture of what living in such a house might be like (since The One: Making a Music Star didn't air long enough for that) I decided to try Big Brother. 

My first impressions of the Big Brother 15 cast were that it was a young rather trashy looking one. I think someone on this site said that with such a young cast they were worried ther would be a lot of cat fights. Well there ceertainly were fights but that wasn't the worst thing about this show for sure. The most notable of these was Aaryn, who made "make rice" and other gross commets to Helen, one of the few rootable houseguests in this mess. She also made racist comments to Candice and a homophobic slur to Andy as well. And afterward, she denied saying anything about it. At least it gave us this iconic gif:

tumblr_o9x7ydJEfb1uyezdto1_250.gifv

Spencer and GinaMarie also got in on this, with the latter calling Candice's adoptive mother an ape if I remember correctly which was the worst comment of the whole lot. And what is worse, none of them were even considered the "villain" of the season. That would be one of the people who called Aaryn out on some of the racist stuff initially, Amanda. She seemed ok at first but then it went to her head immediately when she got power. She was absolutely awful to Jessie the week she went out, not to mention Howard. When one of the only other rootable houseguests, Elissa, got power by winning a Head of Household, all the other houseguests bullied her but Amanda was the worst by far:

And then a few weeks later when she is put up on the block by GinaMarie, she cries behind a trash can and moans how it wasn't fair. I wish I could fnd a YouTube video for that but unfortunately that isn't meant to be. She also yells at her showmance partner McCrae, who pretty much did nothing but lie in bed with her all season for not taking her off the block instead of saving himself. At least she got evicted and Elissa outlasted her, so #bless for that. I think she would have gone sooner had Andy, who looked and acted like a rat:

12725d7432b60b532bb453fb2f30f97f054595e_

So naturally he ends up winning the whole thing by just coasting to the end. I hear from a few people tht this season of Big Bother was a bad one to start off with and there are better seasons, but I like to lurk in the discussion threads and it seems that IDF is never happy with the winners and the people get worse every year. 

I have not seen much of anything since, but I have seen this iconic moment where a recent houseguest failed to put together a puzzle that practucally put itself together:

Overall, Big Bother seems to be, in addition to a game, a social experiment to see how guests with different personalities fare when holed up with each other. They seem to pick very...wearing people though, and I don't find the challenges or the cattiness to be exciting, and the rootable people it seems tend to leave early. So the verdict is: not a show for me and not top 100 worthy. Good on Wally and the other fans for getting it here though!

3qymeh1.gif

I cannot come up with nominations that will please everyone, so I am taking a similar approach as Tom. All shows on this list that I know are loved are there with the expectation of them being saved, and the others are ones I do not have safety requests for or know of anyone being passionate about. 

I am not targeting anyone or anything! The goal is to have safe cuts that don't bother anyone too much. ❤️ 

(!) NOMINATIONS (!)

30 Rock
American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace  

The Americans 
Archer 
BoJack Horseman
Charmed (1998)
Friday Night Lights
The Haunting of Hill House
Homecoming
Homeland 
La Casa De Las Flores 
Las chicas del cable 
RuPaul's Drag Race
Sex Education
Six Feet Under
Waking the Dead 
Weeds 

Just now, .Rei said:

She posted like 2 hours ago :dead:

I know, I was just saying. 😅

Although now I wish I allowed the option to cut during this round so there would be more urgency for rankers to make their decisions. I thought this cycle would go by fast with less write-ups to do, but now I see it'll likely be another two-week cycle. :dead:

24 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

Don't forget the 15 hour deadline. 🧙‍♂️

21 minutes ago, .Rei said:

She posted like 2 hours ago :dead:

:rofl::dead:

18 minutes ago, Steven_ said:

I know, I was just saying. 😅

Although now I wish I allowed the option to cut during this round so there would be more urgency for rankers to make their decisions. I thought this cycle would go by fast with less write-ups to do, but now I see it'll likely be another two-week cycle. :dead:

I remember this format being slow moving in the Disney rankdown too. But I love saves only because it's positive. :wub: