20.   Zoo

21.   Burning Love

22.   Roswell

23.   Mindhunter

24.   Big Love

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Save Ozark

Cut What/If

Bringing these over to the next page - so people don't have to go back to the bottom of the last page. 😛 

What/If

WHATIF_101_Unit_00907RC3.jpg?w=780

I just accidentally cut my second show with Bl*ke J*nner in it. The power that has, the intelligence that has, the clearance that has. What/If is a Netflix miniseries that came out in the middle of 2019. This is my first time ever hearing of it. It's a thriller about what happens when acceptable people start doing unacceptable things. The trailer totally gives off crappy nighttime soap realness. It could either be delightfully trashy and campy or just a complete and utter mess. Renee Zellweger seems to be diving headfirst into fun trashy in the trailer so I'd probably love her in this as a mustache twirling villain even though I am currently mad at Renee because she's about to have the most boring Lead Actress Oscar win in a long time. It also stars Jane Levy who I believe I've seen in a few things but can't actually remember right now lol. And yeah...the third star is he who shall not be named again. The reviews for the show aren't that good, but I mean this is obviously not prestige television we're dealing with here. I could picture me and my friends watching this and laughing at the OTT silliness of it. But there's still the possibility they take themselves too seriously and I wouldn't enjoy it. I don't think I've heard anything in this thread talk about this show yet so I hope there's no big fans of it.

Saving Ozark

The Kennedys

The-kennedys-serie-sera-diffusee-sur-ree

So at first I wasn't sure if I was cuting the period piece on the Kennedys or a British comedy that ran for one season. However looking at the front page I see The Kennedys listed under Drama, so off to the Wiki page on the period piece I go.

This is a one-season Canadian-American television miniseries that reviewed the lives of the famous political Kennedy family; the key triumphs and tragedies it has experienced were particularly noted. The assassinations of JFK and RfK and Caroline's tragic story were addressed I'm sure. It was released in 2011 in the US and starred Greg Kinnear, Barry Pepper, Katie Holmes, and Tom Wilkinson and was directed by Jon Cassar. Definite fodder so out it goes.

Saving: RL Stine's The Haunting Hour since Goosebumps isn't here

Edited by ~Tom~

Zoo

zoo-cbs-canceled-or-season-4-release-dat

I have never heard of this show.  I would assume its about Zoo's, maybe a cartoon with talking animals?  Lets see what wikipedia says.  Nevermind, looks like its a drama show based on the novel "Zoo" by James Patterson.  The show had 3 seasons and aired from Jun 2015 to September 2017.  It aired on CBS and had 39 episodes.  The series starred James Wolk, Kristen Connolly, Nonso Anozie, Nora Arnezeder, Billy Burke, Alyssa Diaz, Josh Salatin, Gracia Dzienny.  I don't know any of these people I don't think.  Nevermind I have heard of James Wolk. Hes not awful I guess.  Sorry if there are any fans.

Save: Archer

Love It Or List It

1523627557556.png

Choosing to cut Love it or List it this round, as a show that I again have some familiarity with, but no real attachment. There were only a small handful of shows this group that I really liked, but even some of the ones I’m not as familiar with I know are well-liked shows so this seemed like the most sensible cut. 

Anyways, Love It or List It is a Canadian home design/renovation show that has been airing since 2008. The basic premise is a couple that is divided on whether or not to sell their home seeks the help of Hillary Farr (a designer) and David Visentin (a real estate agent). They tour the home and are briefed on the clients’ budget and desires. From there, Hillary is tasked with making necessary renovations and David is tasked with finding them another home that better suits their needs and wants. After the renovations are finished, everyone tours the house again to see the changes Hillary was able to make. Then they meet with David again to discuss the market value of the house with the changes, and review their options for other homes that meet their search criteria. At the final meeting, they must decide whether to “love it” (stay in their current house) or “list it” (move forward with one of the new houses.  According to Wikipedia “love it” has won out more often than “list it”, which I honestly find surprising.

Saving: Mindhunter (honestly I was between saving this, Ozark, and Archer... so happy to see all 3 of those wind up saved 😍)

Haters_Back_Off.png

giphy.gif

Haters Back Off is a Netflix original series that premiered in 2016, and it ended after 2 seaons. The show is produced/created/developed by Colleen Ballinger and it based on her character Miranda Sings - Miranda Sings have her youtube channel & have thousand of views. The show is a comedy and even campy. It also stars Angela Kinsey, Steve Little, Erik Stocklin, Francesca Reale,. and Matt Besser. 

The show revolves around Miranda Sings. Who is Miranda Sings? Miranda is known to be a talentless, egotistical, quirky, home-schooled young "want-to-be star" - she also happens to be obsessed with Spaghetti O's. However, before we talk more about the show, it is important to mention the other character in the show: Miranda's mom, Bethany whom is hypochondriac - Angela Kinsey does a wonderful job as her mom. We are also introduced to her sister aka Emily, and her "adorable" uncle, Jim - portrayed by Steve Little. And last but not least, there is Patrick who is known as her best friend who ensure that Miranda gets her blue popsicle every day.  Anyway, Miranda's life takes a new turn when her uncle uploads her first video where she performs a tone-deaf version of "Defying Gravity" (Side note: Colleen does an amazing version of it on tour as Miranda). She thought this was the start of her five phase to fame but she is disappointed when she receives her first death threat - suddenly her chance to be famous does not work which makes her quit until she tries to make into the choir where her presence is not appreciated. She then calls everyone a "hater" and decide to go back on Youtube to be famous; while all of this is happening, Miranda goes on tour with her uncle and Patrick whom is smitten by Miranda who is in love with Owen - a guy from church.  Still unable to make it as a singer, Patrick offers to give Miranda some lesson to become a magician - side note: totally read that word in her voice.... Eventually in the first season, Miranda is under the impression that she is famous which has an effect on her relation with Emily; Patrick finally ask her on a date which she says she can't date him cause she is famous and can only date someone famous. But Miranda is still in love with Owen who eventually shuts her down and call her a joke - she is finally determined to quit until she sees her videos has a bunch of views - if I remember correctly, Patrick watched her video and constantly refreshed it as he only want her to be happy.  She then wants to share the news with Patrick but Patrick is nowhere to be found...

tumblr_ofkg9y4tc01v7lstbo3_250.gifv tumblr_ofkg9y4tc01v7lstbo2_250.gifv

tumblr_ofkg9y4tc01v7lstbo1_250.gifv tumblr_ofkg9y4tc01v7lstbo4_250.gifv 

In the second season and final season of the series, Miranda is feeling lonely but she decide to rehire her uncle as her managed - their next mission is to make it onto Broadway. They are now going on a roadtrip - the scene in the airport is hilarious. Eventually, Patrick returns and continues to be a roadie.  While all of this is happening, her family is still a dysfunctional family when her dad appears out of nowhere. But this is the least of her worries when a young youtube sensation has been mocking her videos and pretending to be Miranda - Miranda is on a mission to take her place at the talent school which lead to Emily and her mom getting involved where her mom falls and hurt herself. As her mom needs a kidney transplant, Miranda is the one who is a match so she ends up giving her kidney to her mom - while recovering, she tells Patrick that she loves him which lead to them kissing. Following her recovery, Uncle Jim and Miranda have a new plan; Miranda need to partner up with Joey Graceffa as his tour is coming to tour - he is the only one who can give her the fame she needs. At the tour, Miranda throw herself at Joey while Patrick tries to intervene until Uncle Jim tell him to not do so which lead to Patrick leaving while Miranda got rejected by Joey - she is feeling lonely, again. All of this leads to Patrick to resign while Uncle Jim & Miranda comes up with a new plan - a theme park named Miranda's World, while her mom receive an eviction notice... Their plan works when Miranda's World opens to the public and it is a "success" - her and her dad then take the money to go to New York. Now in NYC, Miranda is trying to make it by interrupting Frankie Grande's act where she insults his singer - you got, queen! In the end, Miranda's dad was a douche and he finally got out of the picture while Patrick & Miranda gets back together. And the series ends with Miranda seeing Colleen on TV who is stating that she is the actress playing Miranda - Miranda is appealed by that. Unfortunately, we will never know what will happen as no one was expecting it to get cancelled, right away. 

Anyway, I absolutely love this show as I love Miranda Sings & Colleen Ballinger. And I love that Colleen & Erik are married & have a kid together - just love their story. Overall, the show is hilarious and campy which is a no-brainer - the show was never meant to be taken seriously just like Miranda's youtube channel. And now, most of you are probably confused why I cut a show I like? Well, I am a control freak and I wanted to give it the write-up it deserves - not sure if anyone else saw it beside myself. With that being said, not too obsessed with it being cut as it's not an ultimate favourite of mine.

SAVING: THE ACT

Edited by *Chris

Newsroom

1449.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=forma

So I have heard about this show but I never really had any desire to actually watch it so that's why I decided to cut it.  The Newsroom is a political drama series that was created by Aaron Sorkin and it aired from 2012 to 2014. It had 3 seasons so I probably wasn't the only one to not want to watch it. It had a great cast including Jeff Daniels, Olivia Munn and some other people. It had some good guest stars like Jane Fonda so it had big named people appear on the show but like I said I never watched it as the concept didn't really appeal to me at all. It got mixed reviews from critics and only had a 56 out of 100 score from metacritic so it wasn't really a beloved show by anyone. That's a good enough reason for me to cut it at this point so out it goes from this rankdown.

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Zoo

I have never heard of this show.  I would assume its about Zoo's, maybe a cartoon with talking animals?  Lets see what wikipedia says.  Nevermind, looks like its a drama show based on the novel "Zoo" by James Patterson. 

LOL I love this, Sola. :lmao: 

20 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Cut Haters Back Off

I just noticed this show on the list yesterday/today and the title of it cracked me up. :giggle: Thanks for the write-up so I can learn more about it. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSs5lruGd8d6ZFlXIPj2YK

GRACE AND FRANKIE

I don't know this show but I do think I've heard of it. It stars Jane Fonda (who I know), and Lily Tomlin. Their characters becomes friends when both of their husbands announce that they are in love with each other and plans to get married. That sounds like a funny plot to have :haha: Grace (Jane Fonda) is a retired cosmetics mogul and Frankie (Lily Tomlin) is a hippie arts teacher. Then, both their husbands are successful divorce lawyers. That seems very convenient. They all live in San Diego. Honestly, I'm having a hard time writing about this show because it seems very... common and uninteresting to me. When their husbands tell them of their decisions and are leaving their wives, the the women, who have never really liked each other (who knows why), are forced to live together and learn to be one another's crying shoulder and friend through their lives' difficulties. Anyway, that is all I can think about and I'm not sure if this is a hundred words already. It lasted for seven seasons so that means it is kind of funny and interesting I guess. The show also got some nominations: five Emmys and one Golden Globes. Anyway sorry to anyone who likes this but I lost two shows I like in this round so meh.

SAVING: THE BOYS

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, .Rei said:

The Night Of 

The_Night_Of_title_card.jpg

giphy.gif

The Night Of is a miniseries that aired on HBO a few years ago. It's a haunting and unfortunately realistic look at prison life in America. The story follows Naz Khan, a Pakistani young adult who has barely gotten in trouble a day in his life. One day, he hits a rebellious streak and steals his father's taxi cab in order to go to a party. Along the way he meets a pretty young girl who he does drugs and has sex with. The next morning, he wakes up and finds the girl dead. Naz becomes the prime suspect for a crime he didn't commit. He is forced to lose his innocence along the way in order to survive prison life. When he enters prison the biggest crime he's ever committed is stealing his father's taxi cab. By the time he leaves, he's a cold-blooded murderer. This show is elevated thanks to a stunning performance by Riz Ahmed as the lead character. The changes Naz goes through are so well performed by Ahmed and believable and won him an Emmy. The saddest part to this show is how true this is of many Americans, especially Americans of color. John Turturro, Michael K Williams, Bill Camp, and Jeannie Berlin also give strong supporting performances rounding out the strong cast. It's a difficult watch, but as a miniseries it doesn't require much commitment and I'd highly recommend it if you have access to HBO.

I believe I saved this show twice (at Alex's request), despite never seeing it, but the gifs I saw before looked interesting. Now reading about it here, it really does sound good, and I may have to check it out sometime. :yes: