The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

19 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t get the enunciation complaints about Allegra. Have people not listened to Sia’s version? You can barely make out her lyrics and she’s considered an amazing singer.

Coz the enunciation is ok but her breathing is too airy in some parts especially middle to end she seems out of breath.

Mandi singing "My Church"? So annoying that artists outside the maintream of what typical white pop stars sing have to go country. 

I hope Kelly, of all people, is not pushing the country thing on her. She would know what it's like as the only reason she didnt get a viable record deal before Idol was the fact she is a natural r and b singer and sounded "too black"

39 minutes ago, JOMZ said:

Are we sure that they will do a montage KO? 

Pretty sure. I'd be surprised if they can fit 6 KOs + the 4 way knockout in two hours. If there's no montage, I think they might try shortclipping some of the loser's knockouts to fit everything in. (Jacob's performance was only 1:15, which is pretty short for a knockout)

Edited by indii

22 hours ago, Agenator333 said:

Is anyone else heartbroken for the artists this season, they’ll be missing so much experiences. Singing on live tv, performing with their teams & coach, getting ready to go on backstage, hearing your name called out as safe with the audience cheering from you, and for the winner instead of hearing you won on live tv in front of an audience and your coach & friends, they’ll likely be hearing it at home :( it’s just so unfortunate 

Yes. They signed up for the whole experience and they’re not getting half of it. I don’t know how wardrobe is going to work but they usually get to keep a lot of it and now they probably won’t.

8 minutes ago, seak05 said:

It's on snapchat, but Kara Britz posted a photo of her new "home office" she had a recording mic and stuff set up. So I guess they're planning on using the band for lives still 

“Lives?” 

As in “live?”

Just now, mjdolorico said:

I hope this means that The Voice band will record backing tracks for all the contestants so that it will be an even playing field.

Even, except for acoustic differences, since they’re all in different locations.  

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Even, except for acoustic differences, since they’re all in different locations.  

Sure. At least it's more even than having the contestants worry about how to accompany themselves.

Edited by mjdolorico

6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Sure. At least it's more even than having the contestants worry about how to accompany themselves.

Yeah, there at least a couple who would probably be fine with singing acoustically, with just their guitar....Joanna, Thunderstorm, and maybe Allegra and Zan. . They probably won’t be allowed to do that. 

Edited by TeamAudra

13 minutes ago, Randompersonhere said:

Songs for 4 way knockout 

Todd Michael hall  -  Somebody to love (One Republic)

Samantha Howell  -  Always on my mind (Willie Neslon)

Michael Williams   -  You are the reason (Calum Scott)

Nelson Cade III   -  Best Part (Daniel Caesar feat H.E.R)

Is this true? If so that's a really odd choice for Nelson and Todd.

Im going to just hope that Somebody to Love was supposed to be the Queen song because if not, awful choice. Samantha's got this in the bag if he actually sings the OneRepublic song.

Edited by indii

1 hour ago, Randompersonhere said:

Songs for 4 way knockout 

Todd Michael hall  -  Somebody to love (One Republic)

Samantha Howell  -  Always on my mind (Willie Neslon)

Michael Williams   -  You are the reason (Calum Scott)

Nelson Cade III   -  Best Part (Daniel Caesar feat H.E.R)

Nelson with Best Part??? Ummm

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

If the songs are true(Michael and Samantha's make sense) then Samantha has this with Michael potentially being the stealth assassin to take it, lmao Nelson has no chance. RIP Todd, Blake doesn't care or producers wanted to pimp Songland.

I hope so! That’s one less Blake contestant  for Joanna to have to compete with. 

If you hear Nelson's covers on IG, his rasp is so much more subdued. He even seems to perform singer-songwriter music outside of the show. I don't know why he went that direction he did on the show, but I prefer how he sounds here.

• Like 1