Rank the Top 12

Hsamid

1. Karen Waldrup - She is the best country singer this season. I may be a bit bias towards her but that's because I've been a huge fan of hers since I was a teen. She is very experienced and well known in the music business. She has a lot of fantastic covers and originals on her Youtube channel. Give her a religious song and it's over. She wins. 

2. Asher HaVon - He is the best male vocalist this season and could very well win it all if he continues crushing it on Facebook. He's got an amazing low voice but can go high too. He is clearly Reba's favorite right now. I think he's being treated as the male Wendy Moten of the season and rightfully so.

3. Nathan Chester - Nathan is one of those R&B males that I root for every season and I would love for another one of those types to win again. He could really win the whole show if he continues having fantastic numbers on Facebook for the rest of the season.

4. Madison Curbelo - Gorgeous tone that is warm and welcoming. She is very emotive as well. If she stays in that lane, she could end up winning the show. Of course I am curious if she could handle uptempo songs.

5. Bryan Olesen - One of the best male rockers on the show. The dude has a sick range and an amazing stage presence. If he can keep at that level, he could sneak into the finale and win the show. I would pay to see him in concerts as well. 

6. L. Rodgers - She is one of my favorites. Her tone is so warm yet powerful. I want to wrap a blanket around her. Okay I know that sounds creepy. I'd love to see a different side of her soon to show that she can make the semis or finale. I'm rooting for her to shock us.

7. Zoe Levert - She has a gorgeous voice and I'm loving her growth arc throughout the show. She just needs to continue growing as an artist. Her tone often gives me marshmallows. She's also got some power in her voice that impresses me. 

8. Maddi Jane - I love her tone! She is a great rapper and I wouldn't mind to see her rap on the show. But I think if she wants to make the finale, then she should stick with the ballads that she showed in the playoffs. I would say save the uptempo song for the finale and stay stragetic.

9. Josh Sanders - He is probably my favorite male country singer of all times to come on The Voice. He isn't in my top 5 favorite, but would I mind if he made finale or won? No. I'd be happy with it. He is fantastic. I would like to see an emotive side of him to show he can win the show. 

10. Serenity Arce - She is very talented and I think she's shown some improvements. She'll just need to pick smart song choices on the show and sing very well to move forward. 

11. Tae Lewis - He's a great country dude and I like his happy go lucky vibe. I would like to see a warmer and emotive side of him at some point in order to stay in the game. I do look forward to see what he does next and I'm rooting for him.

12. Nadege - She's got a lot of talent, cool tone, and had shown to be current. Her melodic changes is what interests me a lot. I do think she is the weakest link in the top 12. I may be a bit easy on her as I see a lot of potential in her, and I can see her improving on that. I don't care whether she goes home or not. I just want to see what she brings to the table. Her song choices are very interesting. 

• Like 2

1. Nathan Chester - I seem to be his biggest fan on this forum, but that just makes me root for him more honestly. Maybe its his theater experience, but the dude is unmatched in terms of just selling every song choice. His KO song would’ve been corny in most people’s hands, but he made it feel sincere. His PO then solidified him as my favorite. Not sure about his winning chances but I just know he’s gonna kill it every round.

2. Karen Waldrup - Now here’s a country female I can 100% get behind! Following a so-so showing in the Blinds, she’s been nothing short of excellent ever since. She’s got a great tone, and she really knows how to make her moments count. I would honestly love a Karen win this season, may she end the streak of country females coming in 2nd/3rd.

3. Asher Havon - In terms of serving consistently excellent vocals, I think he’s got everyone beat. His level of control with his runs, head voice, and lower register is quite frankly insane. The only thing I can fault him for is that he picks emotional songs but doesn’t really sing with emotion. I would’ve loved his PO even more had it not felt weirdly empty emotionally.

4. Madison Curbelo - I think what puts Madison above Bryan for me is that my least favorite performance from her ended up being the first one rather than the latest one. Her cover of “Landslide” was seriously the first one since Chloe’s that I actively liked. Her tone is pure and she just radiates on stage.

5. Bryan Olesen - Feels weird putting him this low, since his BA and Battle were both excellent, but his lack of a KO really hurt his momentum. Also, I wasn’t as high on his Playoff performance as others. I preferred everyone above him and some of the people below him in that regard. I would prefer if he stayed away from 80s karaoke.

6. L. Rodgers - Like with Maddi and Tae, I feel like L. has yet to have her certified Voice Moment™. However, her consistent vocals and gorgeous tone are enough to keep me rooting for her. Here’s hoping she gets a ballad better than a Pink song from 2022.

7. Tae Lewis - Very underappreciated vocalist, and I wish I could rank him higher, but this is a stacked Top 12 and he just hasn’t stood out as much in comparison to some others. Regardless, I love what he has to bring to the table. His energy is infectious and his range is incredible.

8. Maddi Jane - While she is clearly the strongest member of Team Chance, I feel like she’s yet to find the perfect song that will truly let her shine. “Stay” was her best performance, but it’s just so overdone that the impact is neutered. I think upbeat could definitely work for her, but “Escapism” and “New Rules” didn’t feel quite right.

9. Josh Sanders - Great vocalist, I don’t really have anything negative to say. I just prefer everyone I ranked above him.

10. Zoe Levert - Seems like IDF has done a complete 180 on her but I’ve accepted that I’ll probably just never get on the Zoe train. She has improved sure but stylistically and tonally I’m still not really a big fan. Maybe it’s just that I have higher standards for indie girls since that’s the type of music I often listen to?

11. Serenity Arce - I personally think she has a lot of potential, but as the youngest contestant here by quite a bit, I just think she’s too green to compete with most of these people. Her Playoff was a step in the right direction, but I don’t foresee her climbing up the ranks any time soon.

12. Nadege - Not only has she had just two solo performances up to this point due to the Playoff Pass, but both of those were mediocre vocals at best. Her Battle was her best showing, and even then she was kinda overshadowed by Maddi. She has a pretty tone and can make intriguing vocal choices but that’s about all she has going for her.

• Like 2

Just now, FloorWax said:

1. Nathan Chester - I seem to be his biggest fan on this forum, but that just makes me root for him more honestly. Maybe its his theater experience, but the dude is unmatched in terms of just selling every song choice. His KO song would’ve been corny in most people’s hands, but he made it feel sincere. His PO then solidified him as my favorite. Not sure about his winning chances but I just know he’s gonna kill it every round.

2. Karen Waldrup - Now here’s a country female I can 100% get behind! Following a so-so showing in the Blinds, she’s been nothing short of excellent ever since. She’s got a great tone, and she really knows how to make her moments count. I would honestly love a Karen win this season, may she end the streak of country females coming in 2nd/3rd.

3. Asher Havon - In terms of serving consistently excellent vocals, I think he’s got everyone beat. His level of control with his runs, head voice, and lower register is quite frankly insane. The only thing I can fault him for is that he picks emotional songs but doesn’t really sing with emotion. I would’ve loved his PO even more had it not felt weirdly empty emotionally.

4. Madison Curbelo - I think what puts Madison above Bryan for me is that my least favorite performance from her ended up being the first one rather than the latest one. Her cover of “Landslide” was seriously the first one since Chloe’s that I actively liked. Her tone is pure and she just radiates on stage.

5. Bryan Olesen - Feels weird putting him this low, since his BA and Battle were both excellent, but his lack of a KO really hurt his momentum. Also, I wasn’t as high on his Playoff performance as others. I preferred everyone above him and some of the people below him in that regard. I would prefer if he stayed away from 80s karaoke.

6. L. Rodgers - Like with Maddi and Tae, I feel like L. has yet to have her certified Voice Moment™. However, her consistent vocals and gorgeous tone are enough to keep me rooting for her. Here’s hoping she gets a ballad better than a Pink song from 2022.

7. Tae Lewis - Very underappreciated vocalist, and I wish I could rank him higher, but this is a stacked Top 12 and he just hasn’t stood out as much in comparison to some others. Regardless, I love what he has to bring to the table. His energy is infectious and his range is incredible.

8. Maddi Jane - While she is clearly the strongest member of Team Chance, I feel like she’s yet to find the perfect song that will truly let her shine. “Stay” was her best performance, but it’s just so overdone that the impact is neutered. I think upbeat could definitely work for her, but “Escapism” and “New Rules” didn’t feel quite right.

9. Josh Sanders - Great vocalist, I don’t really have anything negative to say. I just prefer everyone I ranked above him.

10. Zoe Levert - Seems like IDF has done a complete 180 on her but I’ve accepted that I’ll probably just never get on the Zoe train. She has improved sure but stylistically and tonally I’m still not really a big fan. Maybe it’s just that I have higher standards for indie girls since that’s the type of music I often listen to?

11. Serenity Arce - I personally think she has a lot of potential, but as the youngest contestant here by quite a bit, I just think she’s too green to compete with most of these people. Her Playoff was a step in the right direction, but I don’t foresee her climbing up the ranks any time soon.

12. Nadege - Not only has she had just two solo performances up to this point due to the Playoff Pass, but both of those were mediocre vocals at best. Her Battle was her best showing, and even then she was kinda overshadowed by Maddi. She has a pretty tone and can make intriguing vocal choices but that’s about all she has going for her.

oops i talk way too much 😭

• Haha 1

1. Asher - easy pick tbh, he's been fantastic every round so far

2. Bryan - great vocalist, has shown he can do both throwback and modern

3. Karen - gained ground thanks to her KO, and the battle was one of my favorites too

4. L - love the raspiness and power in her voice, she has genre versatility so far which could be either a good or bad thing

5. Maddi - I think I've liked her more than many others here and her PO showed her vocal ability too

6. Josh - not entirely my style, but I can get behind a strong country male like Craig or Sundance

7. Madison - I've enjoyed her, but she's missing a KO and I'm just not as into her PO as others

8. Zoe - see above re: the PO, maybe I'm just tired of Iris?

9. Tae - he's good, I guess for country males I prefer a grittier style so that's why Josh is above

10. Nathan - I'm sorry I know he's a great vocalist and it's his style, but it's cheesy for me, I can't connect with his performances or song choices

11. Nadege - she's weaker vocally than those above, I liked Clocks though

12. Serenity - I feel like she won't measure up live, maybe she can prove me wrong?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I never did a full ranking of the cast but I realized that I really like most of this group. 😮 I like everyone except my #12, whom I don't even mind that much. 

1. Asher Havon
2. Nathan Chester
3. Maddi Jane
4. Serenity Arce
5. Madison Curbelo
6. Zoe Levert
7. L. Rodgers
8. Bryan Olesen
9. Nádege 
10. Karen Waldrup
11. Tae Lewis
12. Josh Sanders

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I never did a full ranking of the cast but I realized that I really like most of this group. 😮 I like everyone except my #12, whom I don't even mind that much. 

1. Asher Havon
2. Nathan Chester
3. Maddi Jane
4. Serenity Arce
5. Madison Curbelo
6. Zoe Levert
7. L. Rodgers
8. Bryan Olesen
9. Nádege 
10. Karen Waldrup
11. Tae Lewis
12. Josh Sanders

Tell me you are not a fan country without telling me you are not a fan of country /lh

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I'd be happy with any of them winning

1. Asher HaVon - Easily the best vocalist this season, he can sing anything and make it sound good. Asher has been extremely consistent and I expect it to continue. I want him to win the most.

2. L Rodgers - L is just PURE. She's a powerhouse, has a gorgeous tone, and she's been consistently strong. I think she's also one of the most versatile singers left, and I think she can really explore a lot of different possible song choices and kill them all. She's one I'm interested to see each week.

3. Madison Curbelo - Madison has my favorite tone this season. She's extremely likeable and comes across as nothing but pure positive vibes. That's all I need to rank her very high.

4. Karen Waldrup - A country female I've really enjoyed so far, Karen has also been very consistent. I wasn't too into her audition but I blame song choice. She's a pro and will thrive in a live environment. 

5. Bryan Olesen - Just a pure strong vocalist through and through. Similar to Karen in the idea that he's a pro and will be very consistent in the live shows. I haven't enjoyed his song choices so far but he's made them work very well.

I enjoy them, even if it took me a bit to get there

6. Maddi Jane - I'm not a huge fan of her going uptempo, but her singing is much better than her rapping imo, and she destroyed her performance of Stay. I hope she keeps going in that direction.

7. Zoe Levert - I honestly wasn't really on the Zoe train until she sang Iris. I think she should stay away from country a bit more, because Iris was right up her alley.

8. Nadege - I rewatched her playoff performance quite a bit and I enjoyed it more than I expected. I think I just like Nadege's tone. There's not really much else to her; she might be the most laid-back person who's ever made the lives lol. 

Technically fine, very good even, just not for me

9. Nathan Chester - Vocally extremely strong, but I find him way too cheesy. Sorry!

10. Tae Lewis - Tae has been pretty solid throughout. It's just he doesn't stand out much for me. 

11. Josh Sanders - Just not a singer I'd ever see myself backing lol. He's a very good vocalist, better than most male country singers I've seen on the show probably, but my tastes in what I root for on this show alone pretty much doesn't get him high.

Serenity

12. Serenity Arce - Easily the weakest vocalist of the top 12 and I don't think it's close. If you're having consistent pitch issues throughout the pre-lives, the actual lives will eat you alive. There are moments of beauty to her voice, but she's way too inconsistent. Playoffs wasn't a bad showing, but her run has been super shaky, and I personally find it baffling she made Chance's top 3 when he had Dani and Val in prior rounds. I wish her luck, but I think she auditioned a year too soon.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Like 2

Favorites

1. Tae

2. Nathan

3. Bryan

4. Maddi

Very good

5. Asher

6. Zoe

7. Karen

8. Zoe

9. Josh

Not my thing (but surprised me this week so they could climb next week)

9. Madison

10. L

Not sure why they were picked over others

11. Serenity

12. Nadege

Preferred Winners:

1. Bryan Olesen - This is the kind of guy I've been wanting on the show for a while now. No disappointments here.

2. Madison Curbelo - Wasn't expecting a returning artist to be up here in my favorites (or to have a realistic shot at making the finale). She's given phenomenal performances each round and she's been delightful to watch! Hope the audience continues supporting her journey.

Hoping they land in the finale:

3. Nathan Chester - The audacity of this man to devour that hard in battles, KO's, and PO's after having just an OK audition... Jesus. His ascent throughout the season is one of the most interesting ones we've had in a while. Would love to see him in the finale lineup. I finally got over him eliminating Val I guess.

4. L. Rodgers - Sometimes I forget how good this woman is just because she's gotten really limited screen time... but then I look back and yeeeesh. She's got an insane set of pipes there. Big underdog in this competition.

5. Asher HaVon - and on the note of insane pipes... Asher is a BEAST. The theatrics in every performance? Stunning and effortless. Genuinely hoping he makes it to the finale because it's well-deserved. The audience needs to get it together and respect him.

Love:

6. Josh Sanders - He's made it hard to not like him. Country singers like him are a dime a dozen here, but this one's got some natural grit and isn't too yeehaw. He's found a good balance and I've enjoyed his past few rounds. 

7. Karen Waldrup - Crystal clear country vocals and solid stage presence. She's doing what she needs to do without the slightest stumble. She deserves her place in the top 12 for sure.

8. Nadège - Love love love her vocals and overall style. Last performance exposed some weaknesses and I know she's got maybe the hardest road to getting past the first round of the top 12, but I do enjoy her a whole lot.

Needs Improvement:

9. Maddi Jane - A solid but strange audition, okay battle, awful KO, and great PO... Maddi's great, but her performances have been so inconsistent. I 100% want to like her more. There's a missing piece I'm not 100% getting yet. But she's ALMOST there.

10. Tae Lewis - This guy is just not my thing. I didn't like his tone in the first few rounds and although I've been okay with his past few performances, his voice doesn't sound like a good fit for the songs he's getting. It feels forced and I just can't get into him. I hate to say it, but I wish he wasn't doing country.

11. Zoe Levert - I completely acknowledge and appreciate her upward trajectory in the past few rounds - it's been awesome to see! That being said, she hasn't quite reached the level of everyone else above her in my eyes.

Great Gowns:

12. Serenity Arce - Beautiful gowns.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Favorites:
1. L.

2. Karen

3. Asher

Solid with potential:
4. Madison

5. Nathan

6. Zoe

Meh, solid but karaoke:

7. Bryan

8. Maddi

Nah, give me Val, Frank, Anya or Alyssa:

9. Nadege

10. Serenity

11. Tae

12. Josh

mine is def gonna be controversial lol

1. Maddi Jane

2. Nadege

3. Zoe Levert

4. Madison Curbelo

5. Karen Waldrup

6. L. Rodgers

7. Asher Havon

8. Serenity Arce

9. Tae Lewis

10. Nathan Chester

11. Josh Sanders

12. Bryan Oleson

lol realized its basically split by girls and guys. really solid top 12, bc i like bryan even tho he's last

Posted (edited)

1. Zoe

2. Karen

3. Asher

4. Madison

5. Nadege

6. L

7. Maddi

8. Nathan

9. Serenity

10. Bryan

11. Josh

12. Tae

Edited by indii

On 5/4/2024 at 7:01 PM, MILO JAY said:

mine is def gonna be controversial lol

1. Maddi Jane

2. Nadege

3. Zoe Levert

4. Madison Curbelo

5. Karen Waldrup

6. L. Rodgers

7. Asher Havon

8. Serenity Arce

9. Tae Lewis

10. Nathan Chester

11. Josh Sanders

12. Bryan Oleson

lol realized its basically split by girls and guys. really solid top 12, bc i like bryan even tho he's last

That's such an IDF ranking. :dead:

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

That's such an IDF ranking. :dead:

haha is that a good thing lol? it has definitely changed after last night tho (zoe is at 12 lmao) jk but def on the bottom half.

Edited by MILO JAY

1. Madison

2. Maddi

3. Karen

4. Nadege

5. Tae Lewis

6. Asher Havon

7. Josh Sanders

8. Nathan Chester

9. L Rodgers

10. Zoe Levert

11. Serenity Arce