The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

12 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

IDC if I am gonna get hate but this has to be said.

If a contestant wins but he/she was favored and pimped and everyone else was somewhat bussed , I won’t count that as a complete win. To even make it clearer , let’s just say my favorite contestant this season (Gihanna) was favored and was pushed to win and got pimped and got basically all the requirements to win and she did win and everyone else was somewhat bussed or got neutral treatment, I won’t count Gihanna’s win a complete one. Would I be happy that she won , yes of course she did great and she was my fave plus a woman of color finally won, but It would still be bittersweet mostly sweet ( not gonna lie) but still  as a viewer I would think that if she Gianna wasn’t pimped or favored and everyone got an equal chance would she have won then. It’s like she won because she was favored by TPTB/producers to do so. Like imagine if you were a contestant and you had a fighting chance but you were bussed or someone was favored to win , how would you feel. This is just an example and Gihanna and Dana were my faves and definitely deserved to be in the finale but oh well they were waaaaay tooooooo good for the show anyways( I’m sidetracking). All I am trying to say is that everyone deserves an equal fighting chance for the trophy.

I'm assuming you're talking about Kenzie again.

Kenzie went last on Top 9 night, a crucial spot, and he got a song choice which would probably have given him the crown if he had killed it. Tell me how that's a bus.

Edited by Daillon

17 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

If a contestant wins but he/she was favored and pimped and everyone else was somewhat bussed , I won’t count that as a complete win. To even make it clearer , let’s just say my favorite contestant this season (Gihanna) was favored and was pushed to win and got pimped and got basically all the requirements to win and she did win and everyone else was somewhat bussed or got neutral treatment, I won’t count Gihanna’s win a complete one. Would I be happy that she won , yes of course she did great and she was my fave plus a woman of color finally won, but It would still be bittersweet mostly sweet ( not gonna lie) but still  as a viewer I would think that if she Gianna wasn’t pimped or favored and everyone got an equal chance would she have won then. It’s like she won because she was favored by TPTB/producers to do so. Like imagine if you were a contestant and you had a fighting chance but you were bussed or someone was favored to win , how would you feel. This is just an example and Gihanna and Dana were my faves and definitely deserved to be in the finale but oh well they were waaaaay tooooooo good for the show anyways( I’m sidetracking). All I am trying to say is that everyone deserves an equal fighting chance for the trophy.

I started watching the show at S6. Based on that logic, the only winners who’s victories were “complete” are Chevel, Sundance and mayyyybe Josh Kaufman, although he did get some pimping. Is that how you view it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Kenzie went last on Top 9 night, a crucial spot, and he got a song choice which would probably have given him the crown if he had killed it. Tell me how that's a bus.

all I am saying is that everyone should have an equal chance , regardless if Kenzie got the pimp spot or not he would’ve made it through , personally I wanted Gihanna to be the closing performance she IMO gave the best performance. Yes they all have to work hard and deliver but see what happened to Dana she was bussed , yes she still delivered but she could have done  better with a song that actually suits her, that’s my point everyone should have a song that suits them and have an equal fighting chance. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Kenzie was already given "He Stopped Loving Her Today" and didn`t take full advantage of the moment. Cam just needs "Jealous" at this point. But don`t overdo the runs.

Yep, the consensus “Greatest country song of all-time,” and he made a lot of people not like the song. His blind is also an iconic song that should have crushed with minivan more than it did. 

3 minutes ago, echoap said:

"my poOr couNtry mAle unDerdog didN't get pimped! This show is SO unfair!" 😂

Yeah, except he’s been pimped plenty, and been handed the win on a silver platter, but he hasn’t taken advantage of it. He’s even been pimped by Blake numerous times. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

The way y’all just dropped Kenzie like that. :lmao: Denisha was right in that iconic live - “one minute they like you, the next they don’t” (she said something like that lol)

Edited by Bk1234

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I started watching the show at S6. Based on that logic, the only winners who’s victories were “complete” are Chevel, Sundance and mayyyybe Josh Kaufman, although he did get some pimping. Is that how you view it?

No , IMO the winners season that you mentioned everyone had an equal chance. Example: Alison porter won her season fair and square because her opponents weren’t bussed same thing with Jordan smith . I am talking about if someone really was done dirty like Dana Monique or Connor from this season ( even tho cam would have still won , that performance was really good). All I am trying to say is everyone should have an equal chance . Like Rachel with landslide or top of the world vs Kenzie with the dance or Desperado vs Cam with jealous vs Victor with all of me or a really powerful gospel song vs Jordan with way down south or settin fire , that would be fair , personally I want either Kenzie or Queen Rachel to win , it would be fun to watch Rachel win because she is considered the underdog/dark horse of the competition and this finale and she is just really good .

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Not a fan of RaeLynn. The performances I've heard from her on the show sound like banenis avokadis cursive singing but on a country song.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Mohammad said:

No , IMO the winners season that you mentioned everyone had an equal chance. Example: Alison porter won her season fair and square because her opponents weren’t bussed . I am talking about if someone really was done dirty like Dana Monique or Connor from this season ( even tho cam would have still won that performance was really good). All I am trying to say is everyone should have an equal chance .

LMAO. This is clearly a waste of time. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

The way y’all just dropped Kenzie like that. :lmao: Denisha was right in that iconic live - “one minute they like you, the next they don’t” (she said something like that lol)

Robbed Queen

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Lmao I don’t think a pop/R&B artist on team Legend would beat a country artist on team Blake, especially when both are consistent and can sing live

If Cam wasn't in team Blake I think Avery and/or Ethan would've get in to lives with Kenzie.I think in each and every decision Blake made after Cam's audition, he made sure no competition for Cam with in his team.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

This really doesn't matter. Millions of viewers don't aware of these things.

Majority still thinks taping are airing in order. They don't know what pimps spots are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I haven`t really "dropped" him, but I was expecting something great for the T9 given his song and he let me down there. Plus he hasn`t shown his full potential on the show. He has range and power, but I believe he`s only really showcased it in his KO. (Although I really like his battle and playoffs too). Cam has been much more consistent, so I think based off on their season runs, he definitely deserves the win.

I`m still gonna check out what Kenzie has to offer after the show, even though his first album isn`t really what I expected by looking at his covers, it should be interesting to see what he cooks up if he throws himself in it and showcases what he has.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Kenzie DID kill that song!!!??? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ammonium said:

This really doesn't matter. Millions of viewers don't aware of these things.

Majority still thinks taping are airing in order. They don't know what pimps spots are.

Before I found IDF I also thought tapings are airing in order and live performance order is selected by random lottery draw 😁

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So this means I'm the only one who really loved Kenzie's SF Performance.

I liked it. But still something was missing in his performance.

Maybe it is because I really like original song and on my mind no one can top it.

• Like 1