The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Ugh yes, rip this queen!!!! 😭😭 Her performances were nothing short of slayage. All the contestants described her as a strong woman who was willing to help others, despite not feeling the best herself. There were days where it was hard to rehearse, but she still kept going. She also provided medical supplies to other contestants who needed them. ❤️ Her relationship with Miley is one for the record books. Miley took the term “coach” to a whole different level (comparable to Queen KC herself) and is part of the reason why I can find a fragment of positivity in Janice’s passing. 

Thank you for sharing that❤️ she was such a kind and amazing person, and her strength and perseverance is so inspiring!! her friendship with Miley was such a beautiful thing to watchI’m so grateful we got to meet her and hear her story on The Voice💕

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Since we're now questioning IDF vocab, how did we come up with the word "snowflake" for describing our favourite singers? 🤔

christmas love GIF by sofiahydman

i think snowflake comes from the flipped connotation version of the idiomatic snowflake which some people use to describe someone who they feel is overly unique or special.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Miley took the term “coach” to a whole different level (comparable to Queen KC herself)

I hope the show brings Miley back sometime soon. Kelly and Miley on the same panel would be legendary!!! 🤩

WATCH Kelly Clarkson Deliver Stunning Rendition Of A Miley Cyrus Hit That  Has Fans Freaking Out – Talent Recap

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

Two years ago yesterday, Janice Freeman passed away😭 Janice is one of my favorite contestants of all time. All of her performances were absolutely incredible, and her battle, KO, playoff, and T12 performances are some of my all-time performances ever! She was beyond talented, and it was beautiful to watch her and Miley’s friendship on the show. On top of being immensely talented, Janice was also one of the strongest people I’ve ever known of. She went through so much in her life. At 7, she suffered kidney failure, at 14, she was diagnosed with meningococcal meningitis, and at 21, she was diagnosed with cancer and later lupus. Despite living through so much pain, Janice was an extremely loving and kind individual who had a strong faith in God. Janice Freeman was such a beautiful and special individual, and she will always be an inspiration of mine. She was talented, strong, and inspirational, and we are all so fortunate to have been able to get to know her on The Voice💕 Rest In Peace Janice, I love you so much💖 

Janice owned every stage she set foot on.

RIP and thanks for the music

Edited by ATX29
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i think snowflake comes from the flipped connotation version of the idiomatic snowflake which some people use to describe someone who they feel is overly unique or special.

"Flipped" in an understatement lol 😂

That idiom usually refers to a vain or conceited person: someone who believes their status as a unique individual means they are destined for great success, or deserve a special career, with abundant praise and admiration. It isn't meant to be a compliment but I guess IDF somehow turned it into one. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

Just now, disney1024 said:

"Flipped" in an understatement lol 😂

That idiom usually refers to a vain or conceited person: someone who believes their status as a unique individual means they are destined for great success, or deserve a special career, with abundant praise and admiration. It isn't meant to be a compliment but I guess IDF somehow turned it into one. 🤷🏾‍♂️

right - but the definition is pretty much the same except for the fact that it's a positively connotated word instead of a negatively connotated ones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Why are waffles feminine? What makes a food masculine or feminine? These are the big questions of life. 🧐

think GIF by Women's History Month

Nothing makes a food masculine or feminine, which is literally the point I was making from the start. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I’m not sure whether he gets full credit, but first person I ever saw use the term “snowflake” is @Spurrious . That caught on rather quickly. 

He also stakes claim to, “it’s a TV show about a singing competition,” but another member disputes that, and claims to have coined the phrase first. 😉 Either way, it’s pretty good. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Two years ago yesterday, Janice Freeman passed away😭 Janice is one of my favorite contestants of all time. All of her performances were absolutely incredible, and her battle, KO, playoff, and T12 performances are some of my all-time performances ever! She was beyond talented, and it was beautiful to watch her and Miley’s friendship on the show. On top of being immensely talented, Janice was also one of the strongest people I’ve ever known of. She went through so much in her life. At 7, she suffered kidney failure, at 14, she was diagnosed with meningococcal meningitis, and at 21, she was diagnosed with cancer and later lupus. Despite living through so much pain, Janice was an extremely loving and kind individual who had a strong faith in God. Janice Freeman was such a beautiful and special individual, and she will always be an inspiration of mine. She was talented, strong, and inspirational, and we are all so fortunate to have been able to get to know her on The Voice💕 Rest In Peace Janice, I love you so much💖 

rest in peace, one of my favorite contestants ever.

Rip Creative Arts Emmys GIF by Emmys

I realized a pattern

seasons:

1/11- Male Winnner

2/12- Male Winner

3/13- Female Winner

4/14- Female Winner

5/15- Female Winner

6/16- Outlier

7/17- Male winner

8/18- Male winner

9/19- Male winner