The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

Random thinking:

Gwen has 3 finalists in 7 seasons.

Blake can have the same amount of finalists in 1 season.

Reba isn't completing a season, but already has a better record than Chance, Miley and Ariana. 

And

Whoever comes up with the idea of bringing Niall to the panel deserves a raise. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Random thinking:

Reba isn't completing a season, but already has a better record than Chance, Miley and Ariana. 

And

Absolutely! I'd put Niall in my top 3.

52 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Random thinking:

And

Gwen really is bad at this huh. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

The best performance of "Mad World" on The Voice still belongs to Queen Maelyn. Like, Nini was not even remotely close to her level. I felt zero emotion in a song that should give me chills when i listen to it. Which is tragic because she absolutely slayed "No Time To Die".  

EDIT: To be fair, it's probably not fair to compare an IS performance with any other live performance but remember that Maelyn was under the pressure of the Cross Battles, where a lot of people flopped.

Edited by Gustavo527

26 minutes ago, Rodney said:

In seasons seven and twenty-four, yes.  Seasons twelve and twenty-two, though, I do think that she just got unlucky.

Gwen actually was good in season 7 even though that was her first season. She and TJW was really unlucky in the Semifinal and wildcard. 

S12, yes she was really unfortunate that TPTB decided to bus her team hard to clear the way for an Alicia win. 

S22, her team was weak from the beginning and I personally felt that she's done all what she could. 

S24, she really did mess up. Can't argue with that.

• Like 2

Random questions (just for fun):

1. I saw in the blinds Huntley picked Niall as his daughter's choice. So if he really got to make his own choice, who would he pick? (He would be the frontrunner on any team except Reba, to be honest)

2. Niall has become a good coach figure since Blake's departure and I really hope he'll be back in S26. But how long will he have to be there to get the title "Sexist Man Alive"? I mean, you know,...

1 hour ago, Kenneth96 said:

Random questions (just for fun):

1. I saw in the blinds Huntley picked Niall as his daughter's choice. So if he really got to make his own choice, who would he pick? (He would be the frontrunner on any team except Reba, to be honest)

2. Niall has become a good coach figure since Blake's departure and I really hope he'll be back in S26. But how long will he have to be there to get the title "Sexist Man Alive"? I mean, you know,...

1. I think Huntley mentioned Gwen as a consideration. I personally think Huntley was a plant meant for Gwen, they even styled him with braids just like what she used to wear.

2. Niall is not a household name in America like Blake was when he was named. Give him like 10 more seasons as a coach then we'll talk.

• Like 1

Also random question but was the subreddit for the voice active during the Blinds till now?

It has been a long time since i checked and I saw that there were quite a few comments than other seasons (but mostly because of nini)

Last time I checked was probably S22 and not many people were talking about the show on reddit if I'm not mistaken 

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

2. Niall is not a household name in America like Blake was when he was named. Give him like 10 more seasons as a coach then we'll talk.

Blake was NOT a household name in America when he got the Voice gig. He was pretty unknown outside of country music circles. If the stories are true, they asked Reba (and probably a lot of other country artists) to do it before they offered it to Blake.

9 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

Gwen actually was good in season 7 even though that was her first season. She and TJW was really unlucky in the Semifinal and wildcard. 

Define "unlucky" because after his awful cover of "Blank Space" his elimination was very well deserved IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Define "unlucky" because after his awful cover of "Blank Space" his elimination was very well deserved IMO.

Nope. I agree that the Blank Space cover was painful (even the song choice was stupid). But we had a wildcard and he did well with Wicked Game, I remember that it was the highest charting song of that round on itunes. 

4 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

Blake was NOT a household name in America when he got the Voice gig. He was pretty unknown outside of country music circles. If the stories are true, they asked Reba (and probably a lot of other country artists) to do it before they offered it to Blake.

I think Teraginn was referring to 2017 when People Magazine named Blake the "Sexiest Man Alive," not to him becoming a coach on The Voice s1.

• Like 2

This may have been posted before but I ran across it under one of Huntley's old YT videos. It's an extended cut of Niall's X Factor audition - it was a pretty rough one but he was a cheeky little guy, lol Thought it was a lot of fun to see.

• Haha 1

On 12/12/2023 at 11:37 PM, Kenneth96 said:

Random thinking:

And

Absolutely agree, wish he wasn't leaving. I think Reba is doing a good job for first season, love a season with her and kelly

15 hours ago, seamaidencora said:

Absolutely agree, wish he wasn't leaving. I think Reba is doing a good job for first season, love a season with her and kelly

Speaking about it, does anyone know how's the relationship between Reba and Kelly now? I read somewhere stated that it isn't as good as it used to be anymore since Kelly's divorce. 

Kelly/Niall/Reba and whoever else can make a good season. Too bad Kelly is very unlikely to return to the show especially when her talk show relocated.

On 12/13/2023 at 9:52 AM, Tmp 12 said:

Also random question but was the subreddit for the voice active during the Blinds till now?

It has been a long time since i checked and I saw that there were quite a few comments than other seasons (but mostly because of nini)

Last time I checked was probably S22 and not many people were talking about the show on reddit if I'm not mistaken 

The voice subreddit isn't active until live shows. That's when it's good for at least 100 comments every live episode thread