The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

For those wondering why they didn’t air certain parts of his back story and/or audition, there’s your answer. I’m not saying any more about it. 

His family stated cops were involved in his brother’s death. They didn’t take it seriously from the start. The coroner stated he had missing teeth, a cut throat, and missing ear. Not hard to believe they would pump him with drugs before he died to cover up his obvious torture/murder. I also read that the sheriff in that county where he was killed had dealings with racist groups in the past. 

In a country like this that unfortunately treats Black people wrong on a daily basis for hundreds of years, I choose to go with his family’s theory. I’ve had to learn for years to not base my privilege onto people of color. So I have to believe them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

For those wondering why they didn’t air certain parts of his back story and/or audition, there’s your answer. I’m not saying any more about it. 

8 hours ago, Carebear1999 said:

His family stated cops were involved in his brother’s death. They didn’t take it seriously from the start. The coroner stated he had missing teeth, a cut throat, and missing ear. Not hard to believe they would pump him with drugs before he died to cover up his obvious torture/murder. I also read that the sheriff in that county where he was killed had dealings with racist groups in the past. 

In a country like this that unfortunately treats Black people wrong on a daily basis for hundreds of years, I choose to go with his family’s theory. I’ve had to learn for years to not base my privilege onto people of color. So I have to believe them. 

To be clear it would have also been entirely possible for them to air his story of pain at losing his brother. Regardless of how his brother died, it’s still painful. 

Unless on stage he alleged police involvement, the how doesn’t really matter here. And the story of loss mattered to the performance.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, seak05 said:

To be clear it would have also been entirely possible for them to air his story of pain at losing his brother. Regardless of how his brother died, it’s still painful. 

Unless on stage he alleged police involvement, the how doesn’t really matter here. And the story of loss mattered to the performance.

Wait. I haven't been able to watch any episode in full. They just pretended that that never happened?? Like, not even a mention?? 

Not surprises, they know their audience, they don't want to lose ratings. I just think that Black people deserve to be have their stories of pain and suffering be listened. The least we can do as non-Black people is listen to them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

54 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Wait. I haven't been able to watch any episode in full. They just pretended that that never happened?? Like, not even a mention?? 

Not surprises, they know their audience, they don't want to lose ratings. I just think that Black people deserve to be have their stories of pain and suffering be listened. The least we can do as non-Black people is listen to them.

I'm glad they at least showed NOIVAS talk about the hardships his father faced, as he was the only black person in an all white school.

Here's the full promo:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cpf3KZdDRIp/?igshid=MjljNjAzYmU=

Also, here's a detailed interview where he shared why he chose that song, and what hardships his Father and Grand Father faced (This is really sad though. :()

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Also remember we are getting 3-4 rounds of backstory for these contestants. Like in previous seasons, each round a contestant shares a different thing about their life in the pre-performance section (unless they just talk about why they chose their song, working with the coach, etc), so NOIVAS' brother's backstory might come up in a future round

Wé is currently going viral for an original she did on @thesonghouseco. Plenty of artists, and even some voice alums, have gone viral on there too! 

She's a pretty marketable artist, so glad she's getting some love!

Edited by StarWalker1
  • Like 4

On 3/28/2023 at 2:34 AM, Someone648 said:

Excitedly watching all of the auditions before remembering the overall format

Frown To Smile GIFs | Tenor

It's been years since I watch AU so I said to myself let check Wikipedia to see what the format. 

In season 11, a new round was introduced, the Callbacks. Coaches will cut down their teams from twelve artists to six (five artists and an Battles Pass artist). Some will have to perform their blinds song, some will have to perform in the singoffs (coaches will choose a theme, like on the knockouts round on seasons 6 to 8  ) or do both. Coaches can decide to move on one or two or all of them in the group as long as they have saved five of them. Then to the battles. Coaches will pair six artists (five from the Callbacks and one Battles Pass artist). However, this season, there are no save. Artists won the battles will moving on to the Singoffs. After the battles, coaches will select one artist from three or four of them straight to the semi-finals. The rest of them have to performed another song and only one of them advanced.

:wacko: WTF did I just read. I have no clue what the format is :lmao:

29 minutes ago, Shinuki said:

All this talk about some few shows, makes me wonder how did Adam managed to keep loyal with the show for 16 consecutive seasons when Maroon 5 was that huge?

By putting hardly any time/effort into their music :giggle: /hj

• Haha 2

Regardless if you like Taylor Swift or not, her songs have made some great battles: 

Madilyn vs Tanner - Everything Has Changed (S6)

Brynn vs Dylan - Ready for It (S14) 

Jack vs Sabrina - Cardigan (S21) 

Kylee vs Mary Kate - Anti-Hero (S23)

• Like 8

On 3/28/2023 at 1:38 AM, Dany said:

It's been years since I watch AU so I said to myself let check Wikipedia to see what the format. 

:wacko: WTF did I just read. I have no clue what the format is :lmao:

You know a version of The Voice is pretty much dead and in zombie state when they do things like "The Cut" and "The Callbacks"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She is ripping her aesthetics from Björk but sure go girl

After you had said that I could not unthink of Björk in her right now :haha:

Edited by allistr

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

You know a version of The Voice is pretty much dead and in zombie state when they do things like "The Cut" and "The Callbacks"

And they literally don't even have to be dead. Like they had some of the best singers ever seen on any version of The Voice.

And what do they do? Get rid of most of them.