The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

Lmao I didn’t mean to start anything, and like I said it’s clearly not a “fair” comparison. 

I do think it’s revealing about the SM reaction to this show and why (other than Republic) people have so many issues post-show. 

The voting audience of this show is just not in anyway a thruline to post-show success. GNT is better positioned than any winner in recent memory with almost 200k listeners on Spotify, but odds are still super stacked against them and it’s sad. I am hoping for the best with them and maybe they’ll benefit from a fairly niche genre, but it’s hard. 

cuz like, when he was asking “does this show want winners with the best voice or winners who are going to chart?” 

the answer is none of the above dude :haha:

2 minutes ago, Thoughts and Sounds said:

Lmao I didn’t mean to start anything, and like I said it’s clearly not a “fair” comparison. 

I do think it’s revealing about the SM reaction to this show and why (other than Republic) people have so many issues post-show. 

The voting audience of this show is just not in anyway a thruline to post-show success. GNT is better positioned than any winner in recent memory with almost 200k listeners on Spotify, but odds are still super stacked against them and it’s sad. I am hoping for the best with them and maybe they’ll benefit from a fairly niche genre, but it’s hard. 

cuz like, when he was asking “does this show want winners with the best voice or winners who are going to chart?” 

if you put a show on network tv, the audience is going to pick a network tv winner. 

Even in the early days, when more people watched and the audience was less concentrated in one demo, the edgy contestants were “tv edgy”, not music industry edgy.

Wendy’s run most definitely did not warrant her a win , her finale performance did BUT there is something called an opinion or preference. Wendy was the best vocalist but she didn’t connect with the audience like GNT, GNT was charting and charting higher than big names in the industry since the top 13 . The voice is about finding that artist(s) that has/have vocal talent and will connect with the audience and the voice the audience wants to hear , the audience did not connect with Wendy but they did with GNT. I don’t blame them. Wendy left her mark late in the competition and that was her mistake even I think Blake said she played it safe . While GNT left their mark in the top 13 pretty much early on in the lives.

Just now, AngelaKD said:

if you put a show on network tv, the audience is going to pick a network tv winner. 

Even in the early days, when more people watched and the audience was less concentrated in one demo, the edgy contestants were “tv edgy”, not music industry edgy.

And the show is almost perfectly engineered to eliminate potential for going viral lmao

21 minutes ago, Thoughts and Sounds said:

The biggest mistake GNT could make would be to assume their fans from the show will support them. They should proceed as though they are starting from scratch. I’m just basing this on the careers of others I’ve followed over the years. 

Edited by TeamAudra

8 minutes ago, Thoughts and Sounds said:

I made an ERROR :stealth:

It’s okay some users hear need to know that there is something called a preference and that only having stellar vocals doesn’t make you a very big world renowned superstar.

Edited by Mohammad

At this point, last year, we already had spoilers for the spring season, so people just moved on about Carter winning Season 19 and started getting scared about Kenzie probably winning Season 20. 

This time, there is no more spoilers, because there won't be spring season, so people not moving on about the finale results as fast as last year is something that was somehow expected.

Edited by Gustavo527

4 hours ago, seak05 said:

Random question for @istersay since we're at the start of a long hiatus, would it be possible to pin this thread? I think if people didn't have to go hunting for it, we might be able to keep some of the random conversations out of the s22 spoiler thread

okay, pinned for now, yeah it's gonna be a long wait 

Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

are GNT and Wendy stans still going at it? i think it’s high time that we admit that Miss Jershika Maple was the most consistent contestant of the season and deserved the trophy more than BOTH of those flops!!!!🤭 (i’m just playing no one yell at me)

Edited by KimberlyxKyla
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

are GNT and Wendy stans still going at it? i think it’s high time that we admit that Miss Jershika Maple was the most consistent contestant of the season and deserved the trophy more than BOTH of those flops!!!!🤭 (i’m just playing no one yell at me)

let's talk about the real robbed person here carson daly. been on here since its inception and hasn't won once. s22 #teamcarson4life

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

I agree kind of about the consistency part . While jershika was consistent she wasn’t the most consistent, she had performances where her vocals wasn’t as great as it usually is or where she was noticeably pitchy . The most consistently great artist(s) this season has to be either Paris or Hailey , neither delivered a performance with pitch issues and all their performances were actually great both vocally and generally IMO.

• Like 2