The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

Not sure what Instagram Broadcast Channels are but Willie Gomez posted this on his:

”Don’t miss The Voice this coming week 😬.. ya saleeeeee🫣

Seems like they’re airing the rest of John’s four-chairs this week.

Edited by FloorWax

16 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Not sure what Instagram Broadcast Channels are but Willie Gomez posted this on his:

He's pretty good based of what I've checked. A shame he went home early, he could have brought something different to the season.

1 hour ago, MusicBuff101 said:

Also, we’ve seen 13 four chair turns so far (if you include Nini). There are at least four more coming up (Lila, JaRae, Willie, Huntley). So we’re looking at 17 four chair turns (possibly 1 or 2 more)

HOLY CRAP!!! that's a lot!! the judges aren't too picky at all. I love how we go from like six 4 Chair turns last season to now like close to 20

Maybe Mac can be like a D Smooth or Paris Winningham this season?

Of course they had the advantage of more popular coaches (Mac is on Team Legend right? I can’t keep track lol) but if he performs as well as them then I’d be okay with it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Maybe Mac can be like a D Smooth or Paris Winningham this season?

Yeah, the audience seems to like him a lot

Edit: Woah, he actually has the most likes on FB of any contestant (other than Chechi who was a leak) :shock:

Edited by MusicBuff101
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

spanish in his caption.. is he singing a spanish song? 

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

He's pretty good based of what I've checked. A shame he went home early, he could have brought something different to the season.

I'm convinced singing in Spanish on this show is a curse. None of the contestants that sang in Spanish at some point have advanced past Playoffs. In fact, i only remember Cathia and Mandi Castillo advancing to Playoffs

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm convinced singing in Spanish on this show is a curse. None of the contestants that sang in Spanish at some point have advanced past Playoffs. In fact, i only remember Cathia and Mandi Castillo advancing to Playoffs

Julio Cesar Castillo from season 3 & if you count her, Karina Iglesias also did.

Edited by Jaffy

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Johnny Bliss advanced to Playoffs too

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

That's because the bulk of them, over the past few seasons, have ended up with Kelly.  And we all knew what Kelly did -- profess her love for Latin singers and pay lip service to wanting to take them far, only to dump them at the first opportunity.  I believe that Jorge Eduardo and Karen Galera were the only two that she even took past the Battles.  Alicia took Johnny Bliss to the Playoffs, and John took Mandi Castillo there, to both of their credit.  It's farther than Kelly took any of her Latin singers.

7 hours ago, seak05 said:

A total guess: the cutdown shows are to cover for a lack of programming due to the strikes. They weren’t intended to be voice time slots, and the show wasn’t edited to include that many more hours of original programming. 

Bull.  They knew a month in advance that they were doing the cutdowns.  They had that long to re-edit their shows into two-hour episodes.  Would've been easy.

19 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Bull.  They knew a month in advance that they were doing the cutdowns.  They had that long to re-edit their shows into two-hour episodes.  Would've been easy.

1) The taped shows are edited together as a story arc more then a month in advance of when they get aired

2) the sum totality of the montages is *maybe* a half hour of blinds time (3 contestants) and another hour or so of battle/KO time (depending on how many montages we actually get). That’s not enough footage to cover all of the cutdown episodes and replace them with new footage.

Just don’t watch the cutdown episodes, they’re not cutting back the number of “normal” episodes to show them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Btw, Julio Cesar did amazing in La Voz US. Too bad he got cut in the Semis of a weird format. 

Sam Alves who was rejected in another season won the entire international version of another show.

1 hour ago, Jaffy said:

Sam Alves who was rejected in another season won the entire international version of another show.

I know, the Brazilian version. In fact a lot of former contestants from the US version did well in other countries' version. As I said before I would love to see someone good here try their luck again on The Voice Australia, they could win there.

• Like 1

btw i know there's been talk of how the coaches have been easy to turn and how that leads to more 4 chair turns

but i also think we have a ridiculous amount of talent this season... like Kaylee, Ruby, Deejay, Chechi, Jacquie, Nini, Jordan all came out swinging with their blind auditions, and that's just in terms of who was vocally particularly impressive -- there's plenty of additional people who i like on personal preference (Joslynn, Sophia, Alexa, Juliette, Julia, Jenna).

i genuinely think it's a very stacked season, and although some people i liked got eliminated pre-lives, they still have multiple performances, and there's still several people who had strong blind auditions in the game. plus, there's potential for growth / improvement arcs to further justify other contestants' advancement. 

• Like 1