The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

That's definitely the vibe I'm getting with this first performance.Β 

Β 

The Karma Police song choice makes so much sense now.

I actually like this direction for her and I hope she sticks to it.

I think she's steering clear of genre labels for now - she totally ducked the question. Karma Police doesn't have a lot in common with I See Red lol. Looking forward to finding out her playoff choice and where she actually goes.Β  I'm happy now with "powerful female singer."

Β 

Chloe never settled into a niche until after the playoffs - Total Eclipse and the 80's rock stuff came later. Too early to be confident about Nini.

Just now, WastedinMemphis said:

I think she's steering clear of genre labels for now - she totally ducked the question.

Β 

I noticed that too. I don’t think she wanted to put herself in a box for the coaches or the competition.

Β 

Also, while I See Red and Karma Police aren’t very similar songs, I personally think it kind of makes sense that a singer who does one would also do the other? Nini clearly has an appreciation for alternative music.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

I think she's steering clear of genre labels for now - she totally ducked the question. Karma Police doesn't have a lot in common with I See Red lol. Looking forward to finding out her playoff choice and where she actually goes.Β  I'm happy now with "powerful female singer."

Β 

Chloe never settled into a niche until after the playoffs - Total Eclipse and the 80's rock stuff came later. Too early to be confident about Nini.

Β 

I just watched that part. Very interesting.Β I'm talking more about the vibe she gives with the performance than the song. She gives me shades of Amy Lee, Avril Lavigne, Hayley Williams, but grittier. And I think it can transpose well with Karma Police.

Β 

I do like it when artists don't stick to one genre. I just hope the audience gets it.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Also, while I See Red and Karma Police aren’t very similar songs, I personally think it kind of makes sense that a singer who does one would also do the other? Nini clearly has an appreciation for alternative music.

Someone like Kelly, for instance, who covered Karma Police on her show? ;) She may turn put to be an alt rocker, and for sure I wouldn' t be surprised if she does more of that, but I also wouldn't be surprised to hear her do Killing Me Softly or Back to Black (both on her tiktok). I don't really care about genre with Nini - just hoping for good picksΒ 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

I do like it when artists don't stick to one genre. I just hope the audience gets it.

Let's face it though - some of us and some the audience might perk up for Karma Police with all it's dirge-like qualities but it's pretty unlikely to move the audience unless it's by strength of performance.

• Sad 1

That ain't shoegazing! *runs*

Β 

Actually, her versatility will help her long run keep the show fresh. She's clearly a chameleon, but still think long term, the alt-hipsterness is her path to off-show success. On show, she's clearly trying to brand herself as something more conventional (although even rocker chicks are fading away, so in-show that's still kinda unique). The way the judges praised her makes it seem TPTB is also invested long term, so if the audience is like "...?" they will do everything in their power to change that to 😍

Edited by jork
  • Like 4