The Voice Australia Season 12

Mathacoo200315

Episode 1

Etienne Steven - "Savage Love" by Jason Derulo - 4 TURNS - TEAM JASON

Ethan Beckton - "Jealous" by Labrinth - 4 TURNS TEAM JASON

Overnight - "Larger than Life" by Backstreet Boys - 4 TURNS, Rita blocked Jason - TEAM GUY

Ben Esber - "Unholy" by Sam Smith and Kim Petras - 4 TURNS - TEAM RITA

Andrew Taylor Knight - "Largo Al Factotum" by Gioachino Rossino - 2 TURNS TEAM JASON

Shanae Watson - "Chandelier" by Sia - 4 TURNS TEAM GUY

Team RECAP

Team Guy - 2/12

Overnight

Shanae Watson

Team Jess - 0/12

Team Jason - 3/12

Etienne Steven

Ethan Beckton

Andrew Taylor Knight

Team Rita - 1/12

Ben Esber

Edited by thevoiceisthetop
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, searomordep said:

Ben's audition is the concept of why I love The voice Au, such a different tone singing such an unexpected song, I just love this show so much

Yes! His runs were so cool and interesting on that song. Such a breath of fresh air!!

Wow, auditions up already! Here's a mi I review for each contestant cause I'm bored rn.

Etienne Steven

- ok first off, I absolutely despise this song... but she made it listenable. The parts before the chorus in particular were very pretty. 

Ethan Beckton

- I like his take because I dont often hear a light (tenor-ish?) Male voice take on the song, and I think it works. Adds a level of fragility. Anyways, this was great, especially when he took it up a notch the 2nd time around. Beautiful voice and surprising range.

Overnight

- OK, I can't be the only one who laughed listening/watching to this right? I mean, this was so cheesy but it looks like they've fully embraced it. I think this will be a fun act to follow lol, but as far as vocals they don't really stand out. Understandably so given it's the freaking backstreet boys.

Ben esber 

- this is a hard song to make work on a singing competition but I think he did a serviceable job vocally. I don't think he completely captured the vibe of the song though.

anyways, his runs sound like they have an Arabic style influence which peaked my interest. Not entirely sure I'm on board with his actual voice seeing as it's a bit thin for my tastes, but he will be an interesting follow

Shanae Watson

Very good vocals but I've heard a lot of versions of this song on the voice and I don't think hers stands out. I would've liked a bit more of a punch in the chorus.

Andrew Taylor knight.

This was a fun listen! Not your typical go to opera song on these shows. Very uptempo and I've never heard the song choice done. Now I'm not sure how he compares in terms of opera singers, but what I heard was some incredible breath control and agility. This was very good imo.

My ranking.

1. Ethan Beckton

2. Andrew Taylor Knight

3. Etienne Steven

4. Ben Esber

5. Overnight

6. Shanae Watson

Would like to say all of these auditions were good. All get a minimum of a 7 out of 10 for me.

Edited by Hsamid

41 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Overnight

- OK, I can't be the only one who laughed listening/watching to this right? I mean, this was so cheesy but it looks like they've fully embraced it. I think this will be a fun act to follow lol, but as far as vocals they don't really stand out. Understandably so given it's the freaking backstreet boys.

Their dance break legit looked like me and my friends struggling to keep up with the Just Dance people

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

OK, I can't be the only one who laughed listening/watching to this right? I mean, this was so cheesy but it looks like they've fully embraced it. I think this will be a fun act to follow lol, but as far as vocals they don't really stand out. Understandably so given it's the freaking backstreet boys.

I hated the camera edit on this, they were cutting each second, like stop let me watch it lol I hate when they do this

But in this case, they did it probably because of how embarrassing was those dance moves, so the edition tried to hide it lmao

I liked all of the auditions to some degree but I don't love any of these so far. Etienne's performance was really pretty though.

This is my first time watching a bunch of The Voice AU auditions in succession so can I ask, is the editing always like this? There's a cut every 2 seconds and it's giving me a headache :dead:.

Etienne, Ethan, Overnight, Shanae were epic for me. They were my turns.

Etienne was technically great.

Ethan has epic control.

Overnight actually were really star quality imo.

Shanae shocked me with her big voice!! Her belts were beautiful.

They would be my CHAIR TURNS.

No chairs:

Andrew wasn’t my type of genre at all LOL.

Ben was good but I didn’t love all his melodic choices and it’s too thin a voice for me.

Edited by Mathacoo200315