The Voice Australia Season 12

Mathacoo200315

I know that there's already a thread for Season 12 of The Voice Australia but the show is facing a very uncertain future and no premiere date has been announced so I decided that a seperate thread was needed because of how uncertain the show's future is.

Online applications were supposed to close in September 2022 but remained open until February 2023 because of low numbers.

Some sources suggested that Season 12 would premiere in May or June of 2023 with filming of the non-live portions taking place throughout March & April.
I completed my online application back in February and have heard nothing back. In late May, I sent an E-mail directly to ITV Studios Australia, the show's producer and got no response.

The Facebook page for The Voice Australia hasn't been updated since March and is now overrun with spam. Most recently, the page has started suffering from severe neglect by its owners, ITV Studios International. The Community tab has been taken down and it's link is completely gone. (It is not known if the removal of the Community tab was done by ITV or Facebook.) The photo gallery and a mentions tab with bumped up posts from 2021 are still online

The main page has also suffered from neglect and spam. The side panel that shows how many people like and follow the page is gone with only the rounded off numbers appearing at the top. The link for the promo video is dead and the Page Info panel is rather blank looking with an empty placeholder for some kind of price range that's oddly in British Pounds. It also appears that ITV Studios International has transferred the page's ownership to Dutch subsidiary ITV Studios Holding B.V. and has not been re-verified. Anything related to ITV, its subsidiaries or Channel 7 no longer bares a blue checkmark with only the page title (The Voice Australia) retaining a blue checkmark.

I have not been notified about my online application and the page with the link to the application form is still online as of June 11, 2023. This is making me think that the show has been canned due to a lack of applicants and viewer interest. This assumption lines up with the irregular activity on the Facebook page which I think may be in the process of getting deleted entirely. Nothing about Season 12 exists on 7Plus or any of the TV guides. 

What I've observed with the Facebook page, lack of replies to applications and E-mails, community tab removal and the absence of The Voice related programing are giving me a very strong lead that the show has been cancelled. Any information regarding the future of The Voice Australia would be greatly appreciated. The lack of information has been making me very anxious and I can't find any answers. 

Screenshot 2023-06-11 170901.png

Untitled.png

• Sad 3

this thread is weird

there is no reason for season 12 to be canceled, you talk about a lack of candidates except that the auditions have already been filmed for several weeks and Sonia explained some facts that happened during these auditions

+

the coaches were recently on a show to be asked about this season (this was 4-5 days ago)

• Like 3

• istersay changed the title to The Voice Australia Season 12
7 hours ago, 108CAM said:

I know that there's already a thread for Season 12 of The Voice Australia but the show is facing a very uncertain future and no premiere date has been announced so I decided that a seperate thread was needed because of how uncertain the show's future is.

Online applications were supposed to close in September 2022 but remained open until February 2023 because of low numbers.

Some sources suggested that Season 12 would premiere in May or June of 2023 with filming of the non-live portions taking place throughout March & April.
I completed my online application back in February and have heard nothing back. In late May, I sent an E-mail directly to ITV Studios Australia, the show's producer and got no response.

The Facebook page for The Voice Australia hasn't been updated since March and is now overrun with spam. Most recently, the page has started suffering from severe neglect by its owners, ITV Studios International. The Community tab has been taken down and it's link is completely gone. (It is not known if the removal of the Community tab was done by ITV or Facebook.) The photo gallery and a mentions tab with bumped up posts from 2021 are still online

The main page has also suffered from neglect and spam. The side panel that shows how many people like and follow the page is gone with only the rounded off numbers appearing at the top. The link for the promo video is dead and the Page Info panel is rather blank looking with an empty placeholder for some kind of price range that's oddly in British Pounds. It also appears that ITV Studios International has transferred the page's ownership to Dutch subsidiary ITV Studios Holding B.V. and has not been re-verified. Anything related to ITV, its subsidiaries or Channel 7 no longer bares a blue checkmark with only the page title (The Voice Australia) retaining a blue checkmark.

I have not been notified about my online application and the page with the link to the application form is still online as of June 11, 2023. This is making me think that the show has been canned due to a lack of applicants and viewer interest. This assumption lines up with the irregular activity on the Facebook page which I think may be in the process of getting deleted entirely. Nothing about Season 12 exists on 7Plus or any of the TV guides. 

What I've observed with the Facebook page, lack of replies to applications and E-mails, community tab removal and the absence of The Voice related programing are giving me a very strong lead that the show has been cancelled. Any information regarding the future of The Voice Australia would be greatly appreciated. The lack of information has been making me very anxious and I can't find any answers. 

Screenshot 2023-06-11 170901.png

Untitled.png

Hi and welcome to idolforums, :mcwave:

I have merged your thread with the already existing thread -The Voice Australia Season 12

9 hours ago, French20 said:

this thread is weird

there is no reason for season 12 to be canceled, you talk about a lack of candidates except that the auditions have already been filmed for several weeks and Sonia explained some facts that happened during these auditions

+

the coaches were recently on a show to be asked about this season (this was 4-5 days ago)

I don't understand. I applied and heard nothing whatsoever. Did I miss something or am I yet to be notified?

16 hours ago, 108CAM said:

I don't understand. I applied and heard nothing whatsoever. Did I miss something or am I yet to be notified?

your candidature may not have been accepted maybe...

don't give up and try your luck again for the next season

• Thanks 1

Something doesn't add up. 

The current state of the Facebook page is a telltale sign that it's owners aren't maintaining it anymore. 

TV shows have been cancelled after filming and never aired. I can see the pattern showing with the neglected Facebook page and lack of promos. The Voice isn't even in the list of upcoming shows on Channel 7.

ITV Australia and MyCasting have not been helpful either. ITV did not respond at all and MyCasting only got me a reply that looked to have been copy-pasted from a database of automated responses. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 108CAM said:

Something doesn't add up. 

The current state of the Facebook page is a telltale sign that it's owners aren't maintaining it anymore. 

TV shows have been cancelled after filming and never aired. I can see the pattern showing with the neglected Facebook page and lack of promos. The Voice isn't even in the list of upcoming shows on Channel 7.

ITV Australia and MyCasting have not been helpful either. ITV did not respond at all and MyCasting only got me a reply that looked to have been copy-pasted from a database of automated responses. 

Huh? It’s airing likely August 2023. You were sadly likely just rejected (Which they aren’t obligated to let you know if you were anyways)

• Like 3

I hope the format is better than last season, because it was too short which is a damn shame considering how great the talent has been the last few years. Dare I say, on par with S21 of TVUSA and better than the few seasons before and after.

Most excites for the blind auditions!

Edited by Hsamid

On 6/11/2023 at 8:52 PM, 108CAM said:

I applied and heard nothing whatsoever. Did I miss something

That's because as you said, applications for this season were closed last year. MyCasting always keep their form open, however only the applications sent in time are considered for that specific selection.

15 hours ago, 108CAM said:

TV shows have been cancelled after filming and never aired.

They hired Jason Derulo, by the way he was yesterday on Australia shooting the Semifinals of the show (next week they will shoot the Grand Final, and it's done, since for the last 3 years there's no more live shows). No way they would spent all that resources and then cancel the show. And why they would still be shooting the show if it was cancelled? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I hope the format is better than last season, because it was too short which is a damn shame considering how great the talent has been the last few years. Dare I say, on par with S21 of TVUSA and better than the few seasons before and after.

Most excites for the blind auditions!

Considering the shootings of the show it is very likely to be the same format as last year. Maybe the callbacks will be a little longer since they took it 3 days to shoot it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, searomordep said:

That's because as you said, applications for this season were closed last year. MyCasting always keep their form open, however only the applications sent in time are considered for that specific selection.

Thanks. That clears things up heaps.

I’m guessing that at the time I put the application in, the person/people who told me that applications were still open probably just opened the link without actually submitting anything and mistakenly thought that they were still open and assumed that the producers were low on applicants and posted the link with the incorrect assumption alongside it, making me think that applications were still open when they were actually closed.

On another topic, it’s sad that they aren’t doing live finals anymore and that the duration of the newer seasons is very short. The new format also caused a drop in ratings and viewership.

I miss the old Channel 9 years when the show was at its peak. It was so much better back then.

Now I’m wondering if there will even be a season 13 when you consider the decline in ratings.

16 hours ago, 108CAM said:

I’m guessing that at the time I put the application in, the person/people who told me that applications were still open probably just opened the link without actually submitting anything and mistakenly thought that they were still open and assumed that the producers were low on applicants and posted the link with the incorrect assumption alongside it, making me think that applications were still open when they were actually closed.

Yeah, that's probably what happend, but keep it up and sign up for next year, hopefully it will work out.

I don't think season 13 it's on risk. Season 11 had better ratings than season 10, and both are better than the ratings on channel 9. The format back then was really better, but people still watch it tho.

And if anything happens, channel 9 will still be interested on taking it back lol 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, searomordep said:

Yeah, that's probably what happened, but keep it up and sign up for next year, hopefully it will work out.

I don't think season 13 it's on risk. Season 11 had better ratings than season 10, and both are better than the ratings on channel 9. The format back then was really better, but people still watch it tho.

And if anything happens, channel 9 will still be interested on taking it back lol 

Hopefully I'll have better luck next season. I don't want a repeat of what happened this year. 

It'll also give me time to improve my singing and have a better chance of getting accepted.

it's really a shame that they don't listen to the viewers and redo the same format as last year

even if I think the season will be a little longer (because several days of recordings for callbacks whereas last year not)

nothing but the taped finale where everyone checks in with a winner's reaction to just take the one that was chosen by the public, it rings false, too bad because they know that The Voice Australia is one of the best franchises in terms of talents and coachs 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3